Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020 #2 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why did they brief she worked in a different building than Robinson? Can someone clear this up maybe I missed something.
They can say what they like CA shared VG counseling statements with someone. Where did she get them and how? Who did she get them from? And it's been said from day one that he was in fact her supervisor....Not only be concerned, but why would a supervisor not know where their soldier is at? He probably was a NCO and got busted behind some of this nightmare. MOO Others that know him have also referred to him as SGT on SM. It's 2020 people aren't stupid. I don't care what rank they hold they should be held accountable for all of this....You can best believe if it was PVT Joe Snuffy he would be going thru Court Martial procedures right now.

From my own experience in the military, far as affairs were concerned I minded my own business. Granted, it can erode or even ruin unit cohesion, but my experience was people would generally stay out of that stuff, they wouldn't get involved, unless higher-ups caught wind and had a problem with it.

My guess would be Robinson had a certain reputation of sorts in recent times, may have been disciplined for his conduct, and quite possibly could have been under investigation in recent months or was about to be investigated. Could be VG had complained about his conduct.

JMO

In most of the affidavit copies I have found, number 16-19 are missing. Has anyone seen the full affidavit? Number 13 refers to items 14-19 but the scanned affidavit does not have those items. TYVM.

From my own experience in the military, far as affairs were concerned I minded my own business. Granted, it can erode or even ruin unit cohesion, but my experience was people would generally stay out of that stuff, they wouldn't get involved, unless higher-ups caught wind and had a problem with it.

My guess would be Robinson had a certain reputation of sorts in recent times, may have been disciplined for his conduct, and quite possibly could have been under investigation in recent months or was about to be investigated. Could be VG had complained about his conduct.

JMO
From my own experience, I was a NCO and my soldiers welfare was my affairs and business, as I was held accountable for their actions. Soldiers actions are a reflection of their Leadership! IMO

In most of the affidavit copies I have found, number 16-19 are missing. Has anyone seen the full affidavit? Number 13 refers to items 14-19 but the scanned affidavit does not have those items. TYVM.

Nevermind I see it doesn't include 16-19.

Attachments

• Aguilar_Cecily_complaint_W20mj141 (2).pdf
    452 KB · Views: 28
https://heavy.com/news/2020/07/cecily-aguilar/Robinson had been confined to his barracks at Fort Hood, but he absconded on June 30, the complaint reads. Aguilar then, working with the police, called Robinson. He didn’t deny what happened and told her on a “controlled” phone call that they had “found pieces.”

Cecily Aguilar: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Ok. This makes sense.

It’s not like he was free to roam around the base during all of this. He was confined to his barracks, and likely had to check in periodically. He must have gotten wind of the discovery, and decided he wasn’t sticking around.

I thought I read today that she was booked at 4:00 am. So that would be about three hours later? I'm not sure because I originally assumed they were together.

The book in time is not necessarily the time of arrest or time spent in any interrogation room or in holding area or cell. She could have been in custody for hours before being officially booked in.

I will just say this for those who are not to familiar with the military. Soldiers are punished under several articles thru UCMJ for Adultery. They don't and are not punished for dating divorced spouses regardless of who they were married to. None of this makes any sense. Shut Ft. Hood completely down. Goodness. How was his career, as an E4 anyone, going to be ruined for dating someone divorced? If that's the case 99% of servicemen/women would be incarcerated.

Many reports say that she wasn't officially divorced yet. If that's true, then he could have been investigated for adultery. However, many military adultery investigations in the past have been dismissed in the past due to lack of evidence (definite proof they had sex), so I don't understand why he would've been so concerned about her allegations unless the photos/videos she saw on his phone were of the suspects engaging in sexual acts.

How does someone slip out of "confined to barracks?" Someone is watching that confinee.
It’s not a jail or anything, it’s just a normal barracks. I know on some bases there are specific barracks designated for people being restricted in this way.

Someone would either go to their room periodically, or they would have to check in at set times with the duty.

If he were to leave and not be spotted, he could have an hour or two lead time.

Many reports say that she wasn't officially divorced yet. If that's true, then he could have been investigated for adultery. However, many military adultery investigations in the past have been dismissed in the past due to lack of evidence (definite proof they had sex), so I don't understand why he would've been so concerned about her allegations unless the photos/videos she saw on his phone were of the suspects engaging in sexual acts.
I don’t for a second believe this is what actually went down.

Either AR lied to his girlfriend or she’s lying or both. Moo

That’s precisely why I don’t buy that story. I think he told CA this in order to make her willing to help him. Anything else, and she might have said no.

There are several issues with what he told her:

How did Vanessa get access to his phone?

Why would Vanessa try to access his phone?

How would Vanessa know that an affair was going on, and that she was married to a soldier?

Why would he be so concerned by this that he would kill her?

Nope, no way.

She wasn’t alone, and it sounds like other people were also called in.

AR was obviously working, as he was in his separate work center. There were also people working in the motor pool area, who were waiting for her to deliver paperwork.

Perhaps her supervisor made an appearance and then left, or he texted or called in order to verify accountability.

People get complacent with that sort of thing, and it’s entirely possible that misconduct occurred. But I don’t think it was intentional, or a crime was committed.

The leaps I would have to make in order to turn this into a military conspiracy, are way too much. And that’s not factoring in what we know, which makes perfect sense (in its own sick way).

I’m absolutely convinced this was a sexually motivated homicide, of which there is plenty of precedent.

She left her work area and went to his. They were alone. AR took advantage.

This was sloppy, reckless, and ill conceived. The coverup was just as bad. I see nothing but a spontaneous act committed by a lone individual.

I completely understand your theory. The thing I can’t wrap my head around was the person(s) locking up for the night, knowing they never saw VG again. Did they forget about her? Did they just ask if someone saw her come back, and someone say yes? If so, who lied? And I didn’t get a response about me asking about the buddy system. They’re supposed to always implement a “battle buddy” system, where two females will walk to their destination. During this time, ofcourse staff was cut, but it what you’re saying is in fact true, and they knew this guy was a dirtbag, why not send someone else with her?
I believe command knows they broke several protocols, and IMO, they need to investigate that.

That’s precisely why I don’t buy that story. I think he told CA this in order to make her willing to help him. Anything else, and she might have said no.

There’s so many issues with what he told her:

How would Vanessa know that an affair was going on, and that she was married to a soldier?

Nope, no way.
Agree, it's crafted to appeal to a gullible peer to enlist them as an accomplice.
She still believes it.

From my own experience, I was a NCO and my soldiers welfare was my affairs and business, as I w
as held accountable for their actions. Soldiers actions are a reflection of their Leadership! IMO

Yeah when the leadership are terrible, like the bad unit I served at on Okinawa, things get out of control.

One NCO can't be the babysitter for people throughout the ranks, including idiot junior officers.

I think this case with the murder of VG is yet another example of bad leadership within one unit, certainly not reflective of the whole base. I have a problem with higher enlisteds and junior officers in this case not doing something about this, you have to nip it in the bud at the lowest possible level, maybe even get some kind of psych eval stuff rolling, before it spirals out fo control.

JMO

There are several issues with what he told her:

Nope, no way.

Exactly. Not only do most people mind their own business, but getting busted for adultery in the military isn't exactly a career-ender (unless something's drastically changed after I got out 4 years ago). Yes, you can be punished under UCMJ but you haven't exactly built a "career" at the E-4/SPC rank with only a few years of service. It's stupidly easy to rebound from a demotion from E-4 and below. So the narrative that he killed her for fear that she would report him for something like that doesn't make any sense at all to me. There's definitely a different motive here.

She wasn’t alone, and it sounds like other people were also called in.

AR was obviously working, as he was in his separate work center. There were also people working in the motor pool area, who were waiting for her to deliver paperwork.

Perhaps her supervisor made an appearance and then left, or he texted or called in order to verify accountability.

People get complacent with that sort of thing, and it’s entirely possible that misconduct occurred. But I don’t think it was intentional, or a crime was committed.

The leaps I would have to make in order to turn this into a military conspiracy, are way too much. And that’s not factoring in what we know, which makes perfect sense (in its own sick way).

I’m absolutely convinced this was a sexually motivated homicide, of which there is plenty of precedent.

She left her work area and went to his. They were alone. AR took advantage.

This was sloppy, reckless, and ill conceived. The coverup was just as bad. I see nothing but a spontaneous act committed by a lone individual.
I never said it was a military conspiracy just wondering how someone could become so complacent to account for not once but twice without physically seeing her. And getting complacent with accounting for a soldier isn't something taken lightly in the military as on the civilian side. It doesn't just affect Robinson, but his entire COC. And, I guess folks don't care about their careers now-a-days.
Yeah when the leadership are terrible, like the bad unit I served at on Okinawa, things get out of control.

One NCO can't be the babysitter for people throughout the ranks, including idiot junior officers.

I think this case with the murder of VG is yet another example of bad leadership within one unit, certainly not reflective of the whole base. I have a problem with higher enlisteds and junior officers in this case not doing something about this, you have to nip it in the bud at the lowest possible level, maybe even get some kind of psych eval stuff rolling, before it spirals out fo control.

JMO
I'm quite sure we've both seen and heard it all. Thank you for your service!

I completely understand your theory. The thing I can’t wrap my head around was the person(s) locking up for the night, knowing they never saw VG again. Did they forget about her? Did they just ask if someone saw her come back, and someone say yes? If so, who lied? And I didn’t get a response about me asking about the buddy system. They’re supposed to always implement a “battle buddy” system, where two females will walk to their destination. During this time, ofcourse staff was cut, but it what you’re saying is in fact true, and they knew this guy was a dirtbag, why not send someone else with her?
I believe command knows they broke several protocols, and IMO, they need to investigate that.
Vanessa was reported missing almost immediately IIRC. We were all wondering why alarm bells went off so fast. So the person(s) locking up for the night were most likely very aware that she was missing.

And I’d guess the buddy system was not being adhered to because of covid. This was right during the most strict lockdown time period. No contact with anyone you aren’t living with.

All just my guess and MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members