Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idaho does not recognize a diminished capacity defense but does have a clause permitting judges to consider a defendant's mental state when crafting a sentence.

My understanding is that they could determine her incompetent, but it would only be a delay, for her to be brought back when "competent".

(re. them turning on each other)

It's taking a while but I've noticed that is her pattern, indeed it looks like an ingrained family pattern. Their whole interviews were about putting the blame for everything that's ever gone on in Lori's life on anyone but Lori.

Perhaps she needs a bit longer with no reassurances coming now from Chad, but I see it coming. I don't think pleading the 5th is going to work for either of them.

But perhaps there is going to be no alternative now than to admit and claim psychological issues as a mitigating factor, for her.

Her whole adult life has been chaotic, and IMO it was easy for her to manipulate her brother and her niece. There is a hole in this nightmare as far as I'm concerned and it has to do with Alex. MBP said she had not really had anything to do with him until she was 30, when her marriage broke up. There is a certain silence around him. I get the feeling there is an awful family secret here but I don't think the trials will get that skeleton from its closet.

moo

Something is amiss way back. Such strong religious training and getting married so early with no family at wedding (if there was one), AND 4 non-lds husbands. Something is just sooo wrong with this picture

LVD, CD, and AC are all in some kind of hell I hope. Just reposting this because it’s still where I’m at. This case distracts me from my daily stuff. I just want justice for these babies. My mama always called me her rose who still had some thorns. Tylee deserves that kinda mama.
Thank you for this amazing site. Please be safe.

Thinking of you today, @Michael0808

*Warning: Heavy sarcasm applied*

According to CD and LV, the clock is running and there is less than three weeks till the world ends. Before getting my affairs in order I did some thinking. CD thinks he has an inside track with God but he's tied up at the moment so it will be quite difficult to gather 144,000 souls by then. I'll stick my neck out and say that since CD has nothing else to do while behind bars, he'll try to make a deal with God saying something like, "God, we ran into a little problem. Let's hold off ending the world for a while. We had to take care of some zombies and some of the folks down here didn't like that so they put me in jail. This may take some time so let's be flexible with the date till things get sorted out. I gotta get me and Sugar Britches outta here first."

July 22 will come and go so something like that may be his excuse. He'll somehow let the other 143,999 know about the deal and the info will somehow filter down to Sugar Britches so of course, that'll be her excuse too.

I haven't been invited to the party but if you're one of the lucky 144,000, don't worry about the 22nd and just hang in there. By then CD will have arranged for extended time.

*End of sarcasm*

I have a feeling that murder charges will be handed down on July 22nd as a big FU to Chad and Lori. I hope I am correct.

My understanding is that they could determine her incompetent, but it would only be a delay, for her to be brought back when "competent".
Competence is a constitutional requirement. Due process requires that every defendant be competent to stand trial. The requirement, though, has a very low bar. Basically, if you can understand the charges brought against you and communicate with your lawyer enough so he or she can represent you then you are deemed competent. No question both Lori and Chad are competent in that sense.

I am a bit surprised charges are taking so long

Getting caught with the bodies at your new husbands place is a huge piece of incriminating evidence

Maybe it's the involvement of AC that complicates it

In Idaho, a case must be brought to trial within six months of charges being brought. They may just be giving themselves more time.

Who is funding Mark Means? Can he advance a case of 'Chad did it' on Lori's behalf, if Chad is continuing to pay him? Is that a conflict of interest? Or is she entitled to the money under the laws of common property?
Who pays an attorney is generally considered nobody's business. However, on rare occasions it does come up. In the Dan Markel murder trial there was constant speculation as to who was paying for defendant Katherine Magbanua's defense, the suspicion being that it was bankrolled by the Adelson family (who are suspected to be behind the murder). After all, Magbanua had no source of income and yet had two high powered Miami attorneys working for her. The prosecution brought the matter before the judge arguing that, if true, it could raise issues as to whether the defense was truly representing Magbanua's interests or merely a sham to try and keep her quiet. The judge held a private conference with the attorneys and announced he was satisfied the defense was being paid by a third person unrelated to the Adelson family. (Interestingly, that later led prosecutors to suspect the attorneys were being paid out a a million dollar embezzlement committed by Magbanua's sister). In this case, as a married couple, it would be permissible for both attorneys to be paid from their marital assets. On the other hand, both attorneys are absolutely required to represent the interests of only their own clients if a conflict should arise. If money starts to run dry I would imagine Chad is in a better position to direct funds to his attorney by virtue of his being out of the hoosegow for so many months and being in control of the finances and I assume they don't have that much in liquid cash by now. Means could decide to take an I.O.U. so he can continue enjoying the publicity and national media attention. I would guess his office has seen an uptick in business as a result of all the exposure.

And in all due respect, they really don't know each other that well. I was amazed when Nate Eaton said Chad was lying to Lori about "people supporting her", that this will all go away.

Do we think, therefore, that the lawyer is NOT sharing all the incriminating information coming out constantly in the Press? If they are not telling her that all these old court records are coming out..... she is going to be one stunned lady when the trial commences.

It sounds to me, that she is really getting more and more insecure... I just don't know how she is going to "turn" on Chad" when he is all she's got. But I sense she is going to mess up big time, because of that confusion, and as mentioned above...she really does not know him THAT well.

She has now been in jail for longer than she was married to him as "a free woman".

I thought the inmates have access to "ipads" and television. It seems LVD could see what is happening in the real world. IMO

And in all due respect, they really don't know each other that well. I was amazed when Nate Eaton said Chad was lying to Lori about "people supporting her", that this will all go away.
Her astonishing smugness and minimizing of the charges against her led me to believe the kids were in hiding. Now we know it was self-delusion and it looks like Chad was feeding it. I agree, without his daily assurances, she can't keep up the delusion. That's probably going to land hard. Nate said when Tylee's name was mentioned, she appeared to tear up.

Not to derail the conversation but Chad's cover story about shooting the racoon indicates to me that he wanted to (needed to) mention a gunshot. Tammy was a "friend to all animals," so says her headstone. So am I. Yesterday a racoon came around in broad daylight because she was hungry - she has four kits in the woods below our house. I would be offended if my husband shot her. If he just wanted to cover up the fact that he buried something, he could just have said he found a dead cat, or dog, on the side of the road and wanted to give it a proper burial. The gunshot seemed critical to the story. Which means, what? Someone was still alive when they got to the Daybell property?

Who is funding Mark Means? Can he advance a case of 'Chad did it' on Lori's behalf, if Chad is continuing to pay him? Is that a conflict of interest? Or is she entitled to the money under the laws of common property?
My bet is that the money pot is dwindling quickly due to livin’ it up on the beach, multiple airline flights, and small payments to lawyers.

Not to derail the conversation but Chad's cover story about shooting the racoon indicates to me that he wanted to (needed to) mention a gunshot. Tammy was a "friend to all animals," so says her headstone. So am I. Yesterday a racoon came around in broad daylight because she was hungry - she has four kits in the woods below our house. I would be offended if my husband shot her. If he just wanted to cover up the fact that he buried something, he could just have said he found a dead cat, or dog, on the side of the road and wanted to give it a proper burial. The gunshot seemed critical to the story. Which means, what? Someone was still alive when they got to the Daybell property?
...or that, except for cover up, he received sadistical enjoyment from offending Tammy, making her feel uncomfortable, at the same time knowing that what he did was much worse than shooting a racoon (=enjoyment from feeling his power over Tammy and what he could do to her as well) MOO

ETA: ...and maybe what he in fact did :(

Last edited:
(re. them turning on each other)

It's taking a while but I've noticed that is her pattern, indeed it looks like an ingrained family pattern. Their whole interviews were about putting the blame for everything that's ever gone on in Lori's life on anyone but Lori.

Perhaps she needs a bit longer with no reassurances coming now from Chad, but I see it coming. I don't think pleading the 5th is going to work for either of them.

But perhaps there is going to be no alternative now than to admit and claim psychological issues as a mitigating factor, for her.

Her whole adult life has been chaotic, and IMO it was easy for her to manipulate her brother and her niece. There is a hole in this nightmare as far as I'm concerned and it has to do with Alex. MBP said she had not really had anything to do with him until she was 30, when her marriage broke up. There is a certain silence around him. I get the feeling there is an awful family secret here but I don't think the trials will get that skeleton from its closet.

moo
Your last paragraph says it all. It’s what I have thought from the beginning.

Who pays an attorney is generally considered nobody's business. However, on rare occasions it does come up. In the Dan Markel murder trial there was constant speculation as to who was paying for defendant Katherine Magbanua's defense, the suspicion being that it was bankrolled by the Adelson family (who are suspected to be behind the murder). After all, Magbanua had no source of income and yet had two high powered Miami attorneys working for her. The prosecution brought the matter before the judge arguing that, if true, it could raise issues as to whether the defense was truly representing Magbanua's interests or merely a sham to try and keep her quiet. The judge held a private conference with the attorneys and announced he was satisfied the defense was being paid by a third person unrelated to the Adelson family. (Interestingly, that later led prosecutors to suspect the attorneys were being paid out a a million dollar embezzlement committed by Magbanua's sister). In this case, as a married couple, it would be permissible for both attorneys to be paid from their marital assets. On the other hand, both attorneys are absolutely required to represent the interests of only their own clients if a conflict should arise. If money starts to run dry I would imagine Chad is in a better position to direct funds to his attorney by virtue of his being out of the hoosegow for so many months and being in control of the finances and I assume they don't have that much in liquid cash by now. Means could decide to take an I.O.U. so he can continue enjoying the publicity and national media attention. I would guess his office has seen an uptick in business as a result of all the exposure.
Love that word, hoosegow!

Why do you say that? I would actually be astonished if they didn't turn on each other. That's typically how it goes when two people are facing life in prison or the death penalty; each tries to maximize the other's involvement and minimize their own to get a better deal for themselves. These two already have separate attorneys now, so... Also, as we see, neither is especially known for loyalty or self-sacrifice. MOO.
IMO, it will take some time for Lori to turn on CD. She is depending on him for financial and emotional support. She has used men her whole life. Once she sees that support isn’t coming, and she can’t find another man to use, then she will resort to behaving as she has done in the past, which is to put all the blame on CD. It will take awhile though.

I'm going to pm you a list now.
Actually I'll post it here as well so that anyone can add any I've forgotten.

(there are others like CV's sons who haven't played a part yet, and haven't been in the media)

AlC = Alex Cox (Lori’s brother, died 2019)
AdC = Adam Cox (Lori’s brother)
AnC = Annie Cushing (Joe Ryan’s sister)
AR = April Raymond (Lori’s friend)

BB = Brandon Boudreaux (ex-husband of MBP)
BC = Barry Cox (Lori’s father)
BD = Benjamin Douglas (Tammy Daybell’s brother)

CD = Chad Daybell
CP = Christopher Parrett (owner of AVOW, Another Voice of Warning)
CR = Colby Ryan (Lori’s son)
CV = Charles Vallow (died 2019)

DW = David Warwick (MG’s friend)

EM = Emma Murray (Chad and Tammy Daybell’s daughter, married to Joseph)

GD = Garth Daybell (Chad and Tammy’s son)

HD = Heather Daybell (MtD’s wife)
HS = Hector Sosa Jr. (author, creator of internet forum Pathway to Zion; PTZ)

IP = Ian Pawlowski (husband of MBP)

JC = Janis Cox (Lori’s mother)
JD = Jack Daybell (Chad’s father)
JG = Jason Gwilliam (Tammy Daybell’s sister-SG’s husband)
JJ or JV = Joshua Jaxson Vallow
JM = Jason Mow, aka Richard J Mow (ex-police, friend)
JoR or JR = Joseph Ryan aka Joe (Lori’s 3rd husband, died 2018)
JuR = Julie Rowe (Chad’s friend)

KR = Kelsee Ryan (CR’s wife)
KW = Kay Woodcock (JJ’s paternal grandmother)

LM = Leah Murphy (Chad and Tammy Daybell’s daughter, married to Adam)
LVD = Lori Vallow Daybell (nee Cox)
LW = Larry Woodcock (JJ’s grandfather, husband of Kay)

MBP = Melani Boudreaux Pawlowski (Lori’s niece, nee Cope. aka MB pre-marriage to IP)
MkD = Mark Daybell (Chad and Tammy’s son)
MwD = Matthew Douglas (Tammy Daybell’s brother)
MtD = Matt Daybell (Chad’s brother)
MiD = Michael Douglas (Tammy Daybell’s brother)
MG = Melanie Gibb (Lori’s friend)

NP = Natalie Pawlowski (ex-wife of IP)

PD = Paul Daybell (Chad’s brother)
PhD = Phyllis Douglas nee Cooper (Tammy Daybell’s mother)

RD = Ron(ald) Douglas (Tammy Daybell’s father)

SD = Seth Daybell (Chad and Tammy’s son)
SG = Samantha Gwilliam (Tammy Daybell’s sister, married to JG)
SLC = Stacey Lynne Cope (Lori’s sister, nee Cox, died 1998, mother of Melani; MBP)
SC = Steve Cope (MBP’s father, formerly married to SLC)
SD = Sheila Daybell (Chad’s mother)
SS = Summer Shiflet (Lori’s sister, nee Cox)

TD = Tammy (Tamara) Daybell nee Douglas (died 2019)
TR = Tylee Ryan

ZC = Zac Cox (AdC’s son)
ZP = Zulema Pastenes (AlC’s wife)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics