Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easier to think about windows that could be a red herring under any scenario.

If he had to open it for passing child to an accomplice why wouldn't he close it to conceal MO? It takes less than 30sec. to open or close it.

He could be giving a false lead where to start searching for her (I don't know if this makes sense).

Maybe he just wanted to mislead evidence in case he used a key.

About entering through window (quite unlikely), he could lift shutters, but couldn't open window without leaving marks. But before doing that maybe it would be easier to check first if patio door was open (and it was according to KM). No big deal lifting shutters from outside, I tried it at home and CB is stronger than me.

He may have just looked out of the widow to see if the coast was clear before walking out of the door - I still think he acted alone. Nothing I've read in media or on here has convinced me otherwise.

If he had to open it for passing child to an accomplice why wouldn't he close it to conceal MO? It takes less than 30sec. to open or close it.

He could be giving a false lead where to start searching for her (I don't know if this makes sense).

About entering through window (quite unlikely), he could lift shutters, but couldn't open window without leaving marks. But before doing that maybe it would be easier to check first if patio door was open (and it was according to KM). No big deal lifting shutters from outside, I tried it at home and CB is stronger than me.
You could open the window without leaving a mark if it was unlocked, they just slide across.

One other potential scenario for the window which I mentioned previously was that the abductor could have simply lifted MM through the window without even entering the room. Push the shutters up, move the window across and reach in to the pulley to secure the shutters. Call out to M that her Mum and Dad are in trouble etc and she might come straight to him. Horrible thought but kids are very naive at that age and if it didn't work, the abductor could simply walk away knowing there are no adults around for her to alert.

Could also explain why her bed looked fairly neat if she just swivelled to the side and got up herself.

I'm not so sure he acted alone for reasons I explained before, Ted. It could be, but he wouldn't need to lift shutters so high, open window and separate curtains IMO.

I must have missed that bit. I just read:

200 threats to life
The secretive device costs users a whopping £1,500-a-month for the service which bragged at being completely untraceable.

It would be totally affordable if it was only £250 a month.
I must have missed that bit. I just read:

200 threats to life
The secretive device costs users a whopping £1,500-a-month for the service which bragged at being completely untraceable.

It would be totally affordable if it was only £250 a month.

If you're drifter with an unregularly income after released from prison and want to make money?

ETA: I don't imagine him leaving through window alone with a [non-cooperating] child. It would be too disastrous.

He could have opened the window looking for ways to escape. Don't forget parents and friends were coming and going. I wouldn't be surprised if he was in when Mat Oldfield came. Remember there was a discussion about the children's bedroom door being left ajar, then found opened by Gerry and then he put them ajar again and then Mat Oldfield found them open again.
IMO he might have been in at the time, looking for ways out.

He could have opened the window looking for ways to escape. Don't forget parents and friends were coming and going. I wouldn't be surprised if he was in when Mat Oldfield came. Remember there was a discussion about the children's bedroom door being left ajar, then found opened by Gerry and then he put them ajar again and then Mat Oldfield found them open again.
IMO he might have been in at the time, looking for ways out.

That's a scaring possibility.

ETA: I don't imagine him leaving through window alone with a [non-cooperating] child. It would be too disastrous.
Were there child stair gates to open before he could get in through either the front door or patio door? I can't remember.

If yes they would be easy to open and close without a child , but infuriatingly difficult holding one. So is it possible at all that he went in and handed her to someone out of the window?

He had to get her out quietly and quickly

You could open the window without leaving a mark if it was unlocked, they just slide across.

One other potential scenario for the window which I mentioned previously was that the abductor could have simply lifted MM through the window without even entering the room. Push the shutters up, move the window across and reach in to the pulley to secure the shutters. Call out to M that her Mum and Dad are in trouble etc and she might come straight to him. Horrible thought but kids are very naive at that age and if it didn't work, the abductor could simply walk away knowing there are no adults around for her to alert.

Could also explain why her bed looked fairly neat if she just swivelled to the side and got up herself.

This would explain Portuguese search dogs sniffing out Madeleine's live footsteps around the block on the 4th.
I must admit this was one of the strangest reports I read in the case files.
Aerial photo shows sniffer dog trail following Madeleine's scent took them to nearby car park | Daily Mail Online
article-0-023032C700000578-62_308x185.jpg

Last edited:

But wasn't her cat placed on a ledge she couldn't have reached?

Were there child stair gates to open before he could get in through either the front door or patio door? I can't remember.

If yes they would be easy to open and close without a child , but infuriatingly difficult holding one. So is it possible at all that he went in and handed her to someone out of the window?

He had to get her out quietly and quickly

Yes I agree. Leaving quietly and quickly is a crucial step to me. I imagine he had a car just next to front door. The shortest possible path. It's a big distance to a car through patio door and he risked her start screaming.

I can't see aerial picture. Can you offer a link? Poor girl went there on her foot? :(
The article is old but the photo is preserved in Google images

Yellow trail is the trail of 2 search dogs on May 4 and the trail on May 8 is almost identical in red, whey used different set of dogs on May 8.
I find it really strange!

It strarts at the front door.

But wasn't her cat placed on a ledge she couldn't have reached?
In the photo below you can see the pink cat on the "ledge", it's actually a set of drawers and easily reachable for a girl who was about to turn 4.

Also, the scene was tampered with by various people as they searched for MM. I believe there is a statement from KM in PJ files or in her book where she said the cat was on her bed but MM was gone when she entered. It could be someone just moved the toy there and the story got confused.

Attachments

• 01_VOLUME_Ia_Page_15_small1.jpg
    01_VOLUME_Ia_Page_15_small1.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 52
He may have just looked out of the widow to see if the coast was clear before walking out of the door - I still think he acted alone. Nothing I've read in media or on here has convinced me otherwise.
It would be more usual to act alone but the fact LE have said they believe others have knowledge of what happened made me think otherwise. There are some crimes I'm sure you wouldn't keep quiet unless you were actively involved.

Yellow trail is the trail of 2 search dogs on May 4 and the trail on May 8 is almost identical in red, whey used different set of dogs on May 8.

But that path, if I understand it, passes through OC area. How could it be? Couldn't parents recognized that path as done earlier in the day by her?

GM
One night MM slept in GM's bed - MM went into the room because Amelie was crying. (don't know which night.

Wednesday night KM slept in with the children's room bed next to the window (GM snoring) This was also the night of the crying episode which the neighbor heard and the one MM mentioned.
This is two nights out of 5 definitely when MM was awake.
It is possible that she was awake, like you say, either before CB entered or that he woke her through the window.
GM says that the door was ajar differently to how they'd left it - that could have been MM wandering around the appt looking for them just after they'd gone out, but had got back into bed.
It sounds like a disturbed pattern of sleep just from this snippet and the fact that
they had a star chart at home showing the nights where MM didn't get up.
CB could possibly have found out her name beforehand, luring her to the window, like you say -
It may not have been well planned at all, he just took a chance to see if he could rouse her. If not he may have just walked away.

P.J. POLICE FILES: GERRY MCCANN'S ARGUIDO STATEMENT 07 SEP 2007

could she have walked a combination of those paths at any time earlier in the week?

if not, and if MBM is being abducted, wouldn't she be carried. in which case, would there even be a scent trail to follow?
if MBM is walking, would an abductor really walk alongside her and walk at her pace, at 10 o'clock at night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa