Deceased/Not Found PA - King Hill, 2, stepfather said King was with babysitter, Philadelphia, 7 Jul 2020 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO

Did the babysitter just show up at the mother's house with the toddler? No phone call or text to make sure she was home?

Did the stepfather even know the babysitter was planning to take him back to his mother?

"She (the mother) gets a text (from the stepfather) saying, 'Did you get the baby? She dropped him off at 33rd and Diamond.'
That's the first time we heard of this babysitter.
I don't know who this woman is," Kimberly Hill (mother) said.
The stepfather said a babysitter had dropped off King.
Philadelphia police search for 2-year-old boy last seen on Tuesday
Oh boy this is not gonna end well
JMO

For two people who are splitting the care of a toddler, a two week window of no contact seems off. I mean, who doesn't just fall in love with a toddler? They are at that stage when they are so darn cute. They are using language typically, saying new and funny things. They are usually showing who they love right back. If a toddler left me after a stay or came for a new visit, I would be calling soon and talking about them, missing them probably so much or asking questions back and forth. Maybe there are special circumstances here, but this seems problematic IMO. Especially would worry about their ongoing health today. They touch everything! And we have a pandemic.

The mom said she got a text from the step dad saying the babysitter dropped him off. The mom said she doesn't know who this woman (babysitter) is. The grandmother doesn't think the step dad is involved; he most certainly is because he was the last parent to have him. The police have talked to everyone involved including the babysitther and they have come up with nothing ? Did the babysitter actually drop him off but not hand him over to someone or even see him go inside ? He had been staying with his step dad since May and he was supposed to return him in 2 weeks for his birthday ? Is the babysitter, the step dad's girlfriend ? or more importantly the step dad's new girlfriend ?

But it is the stepfather who reported him missing. Not the mother. So what is going on here?

If she is going to have the child around for his birthday and he doesn't show up, after some time wouldn't she be the one who would file for the missing of her child.

The toddler's grandmother, Kimberly Hill, tells Action News that King's stepfather had the boy since the end of May.

The stepfather was to drop King off at the mom's house in two weeks for the toddler's birthday.

Instead, the mom received a text from the stepfather that set off the search for her son. The stepfather said a babysitter had dropped off King.

"Somebody's not telling us the truth because the babysitter is saying she returned the child to the mother.
The mother's saying that she did not," said Captain Mark Burgmann.
His birthday was the end of June, so that would have been more than teo weeks. He was her ex-boyfriend, not his step-father.

This article says that the stepfather texted the mom, claiming that the babysitter dropped this 2 year old toddler off at a certain street corner.

Who drops a baby off on a street corner instead of taking him all of the way to his home and leaving him with a responsible adult? No one that’s who.

(Well, maybe Zanny the nanny...but she’s not a real person. Hmm.)

MOO
This was according to the mom's mother.
From your article
"She gets a text saying, 'Did you get the baby? She dropped him off at 33rd and Diamond.' That's the first time we heard of this babysitter. I don't know who this woman is," Kimberly Hill said."

So I'd like to know why police say she was dropped off to the mother and not this. Seems an important distinction.

'Somebody's Not Telling Us The Truth': Philadelphia Police Searching For Missing 2-Year-Old King Hill

Somebody’s Not Telling Us The Truth’: Philadelphia Police Searching For Missing 2-Year-Old King Hill
By CBS3 StaffJuly 9, 2020 at 10:00pm
snipped
Police say King was reported missing on Wednesday night by his stepfather. Detectives say they will air on the side of caution and say the child may be in danger.

“At this point in time, we have no idea where the child is,” Philadelphia Police Capt. Mark Burgmann said.

Burgmann says King was in the care of a babysitter, who is a friend of the stepfather. According to police, the babysitter told the stepfather she returned King to his biological mother.

The mother is disputing that claim, police say.

“The babysitter advised the stepfather that she had returned the child to the mother, however, that’s being disputed by the mother,” Burgmann said. “The biological mother is claiming she did not return the child to her. We are very aggressively investigating this to find out where the child is.”

Police say the story isn’t lining up and investigators are hoping to get to the bottom of what really happened.

“Somebody’s not telling us the truth
,” Burgmann said.
-----------------------------------------------
BBM headline says it all
JMO

So stepfather shows up to get King from the babysitter, and the babysitter says she returned the child to his Mom (or some street corner). Stepfather then checks with the mom to make sure she has King and she doesn't. No previous arrangements made to exchange on this date.

If stepfather and babysitter are in a relationship, I think the babysitter has some splaining to do.

Also, when Mom got that text form stepfather, she may not have wanted to involve the police, because of her own problems/issues - which I expect she has because she let some else take her kid for a month. Stepfather waiting to file missing report until the next day bothers me too, but the fact that he would care for the child during the mom's absence makes me want to give him a pass.

JMO MOO

Philadelphia police battle conflicting stories in search for missing toddler
snipped
Police say King Hill was listed as missing from his home along Page Street near 31st Street in the Strawberry Mansion neighborhood around 9:50 a.m. Tuesday.

Police say the boy may have been seen over the weekend, but they did not say by whom.
----
I wonder when the last seen date really is? and I guess I hope they checked the dumpsters near both houses.
sigh
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members