Deceased/Not Found PA - King Hill, 2, stepfather said King was with babysitter, Philadelphia, 7 Jul 2020 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
At a Thursday evening news conference, police said that they've been able to talk to everyone involved, including the parents and the babysitter. Everyone was cooperative, police say, but they still have no new leads.

"Somebody's not telling us the truth because the babysitter is saying she returned the child to the mother. The mother's saying that she did not," said Captain Mark Burgmann.

Philadelphia police search for 2-year-old boy last seen on Tuesday
Perfect example of when a polygraph for the mother, father and the babysitter would be a very valuable investigative tool.

I knew a woman who used to pass her toddler off on various cousins and such for weeks at a time, even out of state, so I think that is not unusual for some. I wouldn’t do it but some do. I sure wouldn’t hand them off to an ex-bf or anyone who wasn’t their bio dad. Not placing blame, just stating my opinion.

Last edited:
Trang Do @TrangDoCBS3
2h

STILL MISSING! There is a dispute between the toddler’s mother & a babysitter over who had King Hill, 2, last. Anyone with any information on King’s whereabouts is asked to contact
@PhillyPolice
Special Victims Unit at 215-685-3257 or call 911.

Philadelphia Police Searching For Missing 2-Year-Old King Hill
Police say 2-year-old King Hill was last seen at 9:50 a.m. Tuesday near 31st and Page Street in the city's Strawberry Mansion neighborhood.
philadelphia.cbslocal.com

This is one insane story that probably won’t end well, I’m afraid.

If a “trusted” babysitter dropped my 2 year old grandchild off at a random street location, I would be in jail after locating said babysitter. JMO.

I mean really? Who does this? What happened to this precious child??

it didn't happen JMO

PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police continue the search for a missing 2-year-old boy who was last seen on Tuesday morning.

Police say King Hill was last seen at 9:50 a.m. on July 7 at 31st and Page streets in Strawberry Mansion.

6308872_070920King-Hill.jpg

More at Philadelphia police search for 2-year-old boy last seen on Tuesday

This doesn't sound good... I hope that I'm wrong,
It only took reading 5 words from this article to set my alarm bells off jangling!

"She gets a text saying, 'Did you get the baby? She dropped him off at 33rd and Diamond.'

Right there....those 5 words have me shaking my head in disbelief. WHY would he even need to ask that question if he felt that the child was in good hands being babysat and then dropped off safely? This is not an Amazon package left on a doorstep! This is a 2 year-old child!

I hope that, at worst, this child is being used as a pawn in a custody arrangement that has gone sideways.

I don't want to even start to contemplate what the other awful possibilities are.:mad:

JMO

JMO but think its a bit difficult to tell if someone is 'normal' or not from a 15 second video!
He looks like he's just woken up to me!
I didn't say "he doesn't look normal" - I said he doesn't look like a normal 2 year old. I probably should have said "typical" two year old. You know, like the "terrible twos."

There are actually 3 videos in that twitter thread I posted - not just the one where he is obviously sleepy or unwell.

The mom said she got a text from the step dad saying the babysitter dropped him off. The mom said she doesn't know who this woman (babysitter) is. The grandmother doesn't think the step dad is involved; he most certainly is because he was the last parent to have him. The police have talked to everyone involved including the babysitther and they have come up with nothing ? Did the babysitter actually drop him off but not hand him over to someone or even see him go inside ? He had been staying with his step dad since May and he was supposed to return him in 2 weeks for his birthday ? Is the babysitter, the step dad's girlfriend ? or more importantly the step dad's new girlfriend ?

Why would he need to text her, if the babysitter dropped the little boy off? If she did, the mom would already know. There is no way the babysitter left the child on a street corner-no. way. Mom knows what happened to him.

So stepfather shows up to get King from the babysitter, and the babysitter says she returned the child to his Mom (or some street corner). Stepfather then checks with the mom to make sure she has King and she doesn't. No previous arrangements made to exchange on this date.

If stepfather and babysitter are in a relationship, I think the babysitter has some splaining to do.

Also, when Mom got that text form stepfather, she may not have wanted to involve the police, because of her own problems/issues - which I expect she has because she let some else take her kid for a month. Stepfather waiting to file missing report until the next day bothers me too, but the fact that he would care for the child during the mom's absence makes me want to give him a pass.

JMO MOO
The text message quote is from the grandmother, not police, which I find odd and not 100% credible for that reason.

Wouldn't LE be able to check the texts on the phone to see how accurate the statements and texts are? If mother did really get a text from Stepdad/ex boyfriend then I'm not leaning towards the mother. My question is also, if the mother was expecting the child for his birthday in June, there had to have been texts/calls going back and forth regarding that as well. Phone records need to be pulled STAT on all 3!

Wouldn't LE be able to check the texts on the phone to see how accurate the statements and texts are? If mother did really get a text from Stepdad/ex boyfriend then I'm not leaning towards the mother. My question is also, if the mother was expecting the child for his birthday in June, there had to have been texts/calls going back and forth regarding that as well. Phone records need to be pulled STAT on all 3!
That was something the grandmother said in an interview, not police.

Six weeks without her two year old. Makes me wonder if something happened 6 weeks ago. The babysitter throws a kink in mother and boyfriend being complicit. Sort of.

I just wonder how many relatives had to say no, I don’t want this little boy, before he finally got left in the care of a man who is not even related to him by blood and no longer married to the mother, if he ever was. He’s a stepfather. And the stepfather didn’t even keep him, he says that he gave him to his girlfriend ling term, who says that she left him on a street corner.
Where was child protective services? Where are this little boy’s grandparents, aunts and cousins?

Yes, it does happen. I think that the problem in this situation is the choice of caregiver. Of all people to choose, a stepfather or ex boyfriend falls right above online predator on my list of bad choices. This is just my opinion.

I don’t see how blood relation has anything to do with what happened to this kid. Step parents can be just as wonderful or terrible as biological parents. Blood doesn’t make a parent. Being there does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627