Deceased/Not Found PA - King Hill, 2, stepfather said King was with babysitter, Philadelphia, 7 Jul 2020 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
it didn't happen JMO
This is sort of OT, but I live in Florida, and worked in an office on the beach and had a little apartment not far. I would sometimes walk home on the beach. One day I was sitting on the beach just sort of watching the waves, no towel or beach apparel, and in my work clothes. A couple came along and sat a very young infant, possibly even newborn, down next to me in the sand and started to walk away. I believe I was transfixed with the ocean, and they thought I didn't notice the baby now sitting next to me in the sand. I started yelling to them and they just kept walking. Then they said, oh could you watch her for a while, we have some things to do (probably shooting drugs, in my opinion). I think they had no intention of ever coming back. I raised holy he-- and they came back and took her. In hindsight, I don't know what I should have done at that moment. I did call the police when I got home, but they were long gone. I know this is OT, but just wanted to say apparently there are crazy people out there who do this. The story of this baby brought back memories of that incident. I pray he is found soon. MOO. Katt

A bit more info...

King Hill was reported missing from his home near 31st and Page streets by his stepfather.

Capt. Mark Burgmann says the stepfather left the child in the care of a babysitter. That babysitter says she returned the child to the mother, but the mother says that’s not true and that she hasn't seen the child in weeks.

The babysitter the stepfather's friend and has been taking care of the child long-term.

Bolded caught my eye first read through.
Without knowing stepdad and babysitter's dynamic, it almost sounds like "hot potato" with the little guy.

I honestly don’t feel suspicious of the mother on that interview. I might be naive, but I don’t get the vibe that she’s faking her emotions. The end of the interview said a lot to me and I feel like that’s the reason King is nowhere to be found: “if you don’t want to bring him to me because you feel like I’m nothing”, that’s directed to someone specific. She feels like someone is deliberately hiding the baby from her because someone thinks she’s not a fit parent. And maybe, this is something that has been happening for a while, maybe concerns about her being fit or unfit to care for a child is the reason the baby seems to be going back and forth from several people. I wonder if she has custody of the oldest daughter and who has her, if it’s the father or the babysitter. Very weird. I tend to believe the babysitter is being described as such because the dad/stepdad doesn’t want people, specifically the mother, to know that they have some sort of relationship. Just speculating over here and I mean no disrespect to anyone.

I still don't get this 'drop him at the corner' thing. What does that even mean? Didn't the babysitter wait and hand off the child? If so, can she describe the car and what Mom was wearing? Would there be any cameras around to verify?

I think it boils down to Mom vs 'babysitter.' One of them is responsible for his disappearance, most likely. :(

I still don't get this 'drop him at the corner' thing. What does that even mean? Didn't the babysitter wait and hand off the child? If so, can she describe the car and what Mom was wearing? Would there be any cameras around to verify?

I think it boils down to Mom vs 'babysitter.' One of them is responsible for his disappearance, most likely. :(

maybe she met, say, mom and moms brother at a corner and babysitter dropped him off at the car. Jmo

Idk, grandma doth protest too much methinks. Not saying she has anything to do with it, My gut just tells me little king hasn’t had the best family life.
I know what you mean. If my 2 yr old grand baby was being passed around like that, I'd scoop him up myself and let them sort it out later. This is really devastating. :(

It only took reading 5 words from this article to set my alarm bells off jangling!

"She gets a text saying, 'Did you get the baby? She dropped him off at 33rd and Diamond.'

Right there....those 5 words have me shaking my head in disbelief. WHY would he even need to ask that question if he felt that the child was in good hands being babysat and then dropped off safely? This is not an Amazon package left on a doorstep! This is a 2 year-old child!

I hope that, at worst, this child is being used as a pawn in a custody arrangement that has gone sideways.

I don't want to even start to contemplate what the other awful possibilities are.:mad:

JMO
Exactly. ‘The baby’ has a name. Seems kind of impersonal to call him ‘the baby’

Wouldn't LE be able to check the texts on the phone to see how accurate the statements and texts are? If mother did really get a text from Stepdad/ex boyfriend then I'm not leaning towards the mother. My question is also, if the mother was expecting the child for his birthday in June, there had to have been texts/calls going back and forth regarding that as well. Phone records need to be pulled STAT on all 3!
That was something the grandmother said in an interview, not police.

Six weeks without her two year old. Makes me wonder if something happened 6 weeks ago. The babysitter throws a kink in mother and boyfriend being complicit. Sort of.
I only found one video so far. Can you please point me in the direction of the other video. Thank you
Sorry, other pictures.

Grandma? Bio dad? Bio dads family? I think it’s very unusual for a mom to give her child to an ex bf (who’s not bio dad) for weeks at a time unless there’s... idk how to politely say it... issues. The stepmom in me is raising my eyebrows. This whole situation is suss.
Issues? I am not following you. Do you mean leaving child for extended periods of time with people that are loosely defined relationships and no commitment?

That was something the grandmother said in an interview, not police.

Six weeks without her two year old. Makes me wonder if something happened 6 weeks ago. The babysitter throws a kink in mother and boyfriend being complicit. Sort of.

Sorry, other pictures.
Thank you

This is one of those cases that’s really hard to discuss without being able to talk about social media. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73