Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are right,they are searching because i dont think Ray drove Abbott that day or if he did,he had 10.30ish to 3.30ish to fill in time..im not sure about hospital distance and time..i think he got to that shed fairly quickly and held up there because of sirens etc..helicopters and so on..he would have panicked and as soon as Ray got there he left town to get as far as he could fast.
... and maybe without RP. RP wouldn't perhaps say so, because FA wasn't allowed to drive, afaik. Maybe, RP was only told about the 300 km or saw it on the odometer. If RP wasn't present and wasn't the driver himself, he can't know, if "driving North" was true. Maybe, it was not. MOO

I don't personally think that Porter's car needed to have been at #35 that morning, for an Abbott theory to apply.

Geoff Owen was in Kendall that morning. He could have dropped Abbott off somewhere close by.

To me, it is not unlikely that Abbott carried William to the school. Abbott was accustomed to walking a lot. And if Porter didn't arrive there till after 3pm, Abbott had a lot of time with William :( :( :( before Porter arrived.

If Abbott did carry William away, it could be why Savage disappeared for 1½ hours to see if he could see where they went/find William.
Who told FA of the opportunity to abduct little W??

I don't personally think that Porter's car needed to have been at #35 that morning, for an Abbott theory to apply.

Geoff Owen was in Kendall that morning. He could have dropped Abbott off somewhere close by.

To me, it is not unlikely that Abbott carried William to the school. Abbott was accustomed to walking a lot. And if Porter didn't arrive there till after 3pm, Abbott had a lot of time with William :( :( :( before Porter arrived.

If Abbott did carry William away, it could be why Savage disappeared for 1½ hours to see if he could see where they went/find William.
IF PS went after someone, he didn't want to help little W, I think, but only to find out who/where/what. MOO

My thoughts:

The cars we parked in front of # 35, the FFC said she saw no one in the cars, maybe the occupants went inside # 35 ( the house is set a fair way back of the road ) ?

The person that the FFC said she saw turn into the Miller's fits the description of DP and also maybe FA , both have access to may cars on the Heron Ck propery...........

DP & FA know each other very well, DP says he's scared of FA

The Miller's was essentially vacant (as the Miller's were away) was someone hiding there as a lookout??? To tip someone off, maybe in car? I'm sure PS would have known the Miller's were away, he seemed to know everything about everyone. He knew the FF arrived the night before , heard the kids that morning etc

FA has a history of dragging people into his crimes than holding that over their heads so to speak. He brags to anyone & everyone it seems about getting of murder charge.

Seems people are scared of him.

I am stating to wonder if WT was initially taken to Heron's Creek ( hence the searches ) & than driven away ( maybe 300kms somewhere ) on another day?

It was not made clear in evidence, that the day RP said he picked up FA & WT at the shed near the school that it was the 12th, I think many assumed it was, maybe it wasn't? Maybe it was the next day?

Evidence was heard that FA used cars from people without their knowledge ( from DP from memory ) despite having no license.

I think there a few people involved in this crime

I think poor William was eventually placed in water due to alot of questions around boats & fishing :(

PS may have seen something or knows something, he could have been threatened or his family, but with FA know locked up ( he won't live to get out of jail ) , this his his time to speak up , but he hasn't ( that we know off )

ALL IMO etc.
drsleuth,

Can you remember roughly what was said about boats and fishing? As far as I know the only things reported by MSM were that FA and RP were fishing buddies, and that an aged-care nurse was asked whether RP might have tried to mime the action of throwing something from a boat.

Thank you.

I've always felt the cars were at #35. Especially with him being 'nocturnal' and the cars already being there at 7.30am.

Why don't we ever hear anything about the 2nd car?

Another thing.... Elizabeth Rowley described the station wagon slightly differently. FA came into her antique shop 6-8 times in late 2013 to ask her to look at items in a car in which he was a passenger. She described the car as a white FORD station wagon, boxy shape. When asked if she was sure, she said "I know my cars it was a ford." She had also seen him in a white utility.

It's concerning that the Frank Abbott theory might depend on the car FFC described being Ray Porters. I hope there's more.
Blues Clues,

If you were at the inquest and if it's ok to ask:

Did Elizabeth at the antique shop say anything about the type of items FA was trying to sell, or where they might have come from? Did it sound like he was a trader or collector or agent and it was all legal, or did she have any reason to think the goods might not have been his to sell?

And when talking about Dooley's report, did she mention a date or time when FA was said to have driven a woman and child to Tamworth?

Thank you.

I believe DP fits fm description to a T of the man she locked eyes with in the green /teale car. Weathered skin thick neck sandy hair, very distinct description.
His brown hair looks dyed. From his complexion I think he might have been sandy/red before greying. And it seems he has no alibi, if getting buses ready means he was at home at the property where many buses can be seen. Yet his car was out, supposedly taken without his knowledge. (And his own brother talks of him with disgust, which must say something about at least one of them.)

Blues Clues,

Did Elizabeth at the antique shop say anything about the type of items FA was trying to sell, or where they might have come from? Did it sound like he was a trader or collector or agent and it was all legal, or did she have any reason to think the goods might not have been his to sell?

And when talking about Dooley's report, did she mention a date or time when FA was said to have driven a woman and child to Tamworth?

Thank you.

Yes it's to ask. Unfortunately I don't have answers though. I think she might of mentioned what the items were but I didn't note it down. She didn't buy any of the items he brought to her as she didn't consider them to have any value.
Witness Dean Anderson spoke of FA stealing and said his impression of him was "a petty crim". Based on that I'd be more inclined to think he wasn't a collector or agent, but someone who went outside the law to find ways to make a bit of cash.
She didn't mention a date or time re driving a woman and child to Tamworth.

drsleuth,

Can you remember roughly what was said about boats and fishing? As far as I know the only things reported by MSM were that FA and RP were fishing buddies, and that an aged-care nurse was asked whether RP might have tried to mime the action of throwing something from a boat.

Thank you.

From IR evidence : was asked if husband " Dooley" was a fisherman & if FA talked about fishing together with FA. She said yes , used to go to Dunbogan.

She was than asked if FA or RP had a boat & she said she never saw or heard of a boat.

From PT's evidence : he was asked if FA ever talked about fishing & if he ever had a boat, he didn't know.

From JA's evidence : She was asked if FA & RP ever talked about fishing & she replied that now I think about it yeah , but I don't know where. She was than asked if she ever heard them talking about a boat & she she she didn't.

From PN's evidence : Asked did you know RP to be a fisherman & replied yes he loved his fishing. Said he went fishing at Dunbogan near boatshed / bridge . Asked if anyone went with him & he replied FA. He was also asked if he heard RP talk about having a boat & he said no.

From DP's evidence
: Asked about FA & if he knew him, said he was a regular visitor, and said RP used to take FA fishing. Asked if he knew if FA had a boat, a tinny? & said he didn't know & that it wasn't on his property.

From KO's evidence: She was asked did RP say something about a boat & she replied yes, they did a lot of fishing. Mr Craddock than asked to check one detail with KO about another nurse who said she says that RP mentioned something about going on a boat & using a hand signal , indicating something dropped of a boat & she replied, No.

From TP's evidence : Was asked if RP spent alot of time in North Queensland on a rural station & at some point towed Caravan & boat back to his dad's place & he answered yes. Mr Craddock tried to find out time frame when caravan & boat was bought to Kendall & he couldn't remember. Mr Craddock than said that down in Kendall your brother & father both had tinny's & he replied yes. He said his dad & Ray were both keen fisherman.

TP said RP told him that " a male & I were fishing, told kids not to go near water as dangerous". Mr Craddock asked him if RP told him where this was & he said down river & he did not know what river.

Sorry for any typos :D

From IR evidence : was asked if husband " Dooley" was a fisherman & if FA talked about fishing together with FA. She said yes , used to go to Dunbogan.

She was than asked if FA or RP had a boat & she said she never saw or heard of a boat.

From PT's evidence : he was asked if FA ever talked about fishing & if he ever had a boat, he didn't know.

From JA's evidence : She was asked if FA & RP ever talked about fishing & she replied that now I think about it yeah , but I don't know where. She was than asked if she ever heard them talking about a boat & she she she didn't.

From PN's evidence : Asked did you know RP to be a fisherman & replied yes he loved his fishing. Said he went fishing at Dunbogan near boatshed / bridge . Asked if anyone went with him & he replied FA. He was also asked if he heard RP talk about having a boat & he said no.

From DP's evidence
: Asked about FA & if he knew him, said he was a regular visitor, and said RP used to take FA fishing. Asked if he knew if FA had a boat, a tinny? & said he didn't know & that it wasn't on his property.

From KO's evidence: She was asked did RP say something about a boat & she replied yes, they did a lot of fishing. Mr Craddock than asked to check one detail with KO about another nurse who said she says that RP mentioned something about going on a boat & using a hand signal , indicating something dropped of a boat & she replied, No.

From TP's evidence : Was asked if RP spent alot of time in North Queensland on a rural station & at some point towed Caravan & boat back to his dad's place & he answered yes. Mr Craddock tried to find out time frame when caravan & boat was bought to Kendall & he couldn't remember. Mr Craddock than said that down in Kendall your brother & father both had tinny's & he replied yes. He said his dad & Ray were both keen fisherman.

TP said RP told him that " a male & I were fishing, told kids not to go near water as dangerous". Mr Craddock asked him if RP told him where this was & he said down river & he did not know what river.

Sorry for any typos :D

A lot of focus on boats and water. You may be right that William ended up in the water, or at the very least the Coroner is exploring that scenario.

From the inquest , there was another car also caught on that same camera as RP's on the 12/9/14 @ 14:07 , a green/blue car ( ? toyota camry) that belonged to DP.

DP was asked if he was driving on that day & he said he wasn't & that he didn't go anywhere on that day as he was getting buses ready.

He was asked if he knew who was driving it & he said he honestly didn't even know it was out.

He also said that the blue/green car was awaiting a re-spay & that it was an embarrassment to drive.

This came after questions about FA driving his cars.

Thanks for sharing this drsleuth.

The more I read it and think about DP's answers the more suss he becomes. I had thought the reason he wanted FA off his property was due to the sex offence charges FA was facing and maybe it was. But I'm now, after reading this, wanting DP grilled on why he wanted him gone.

Just a theory - one of these poi's could have cleaned up for another and they're involved in a cover-up. Maybe DP was afraid FA talked so much that the cover-up was going to be exposed. ETA Maybe FA fell out with DP over the sex offences charges and was threatening him not to reveal other things he knew FA was involved in. Perhaps RP was used to unwittingly assist with the cover-up.

Why mention the car was awaiting a respray as it was an embarrassment? Was it resprayed, was he trying to explain away the reason the car is no longer the same colour - if so that is a major red flag. Looking at all the bomb cars on his properties I don't believe he would be embarrassed about the state of one car. What was your feeling about the way he introduced that information in his evidence drsleuth?

Last edited:
Blues Clues,

Thank you.

Sorry to butt in :D

I'll post about the Tamworth trip soon ( evidence from a protected witness )

He tried to sell her in late 2013 a 1930's penny bit it was " not real " " They are the rare ones, was scratched at the bottom"

FA in his cross examination of ER , he said to ER that he also came in with a watch & Australian Army badge & said you did buy the Army Badge :rolleyes:

ER saw FA in two different cars ( she saw him 6-8 times over 6 months in late 2013 ) Came to know him as FA. She saw him in white station wagon, boxy style, she thought it was a ford & white ute.

When she made a statement ER said she remembered one occasion, where she remembered FA made a joke about not having driven to the store. ER had a customer who she knew as "Dooley" & she knew his last name was Northam & that he had a scrap metal business & that he & his wife would sell goods. Dooley had said to FA "Better be careful driving around her, that's the coppers missus"

She said she about 6/12/2013 after the last time she saw FA she got a phone call from Dooley who got a phone call from FA . FA was upset as he was not paid for taking a little girl & mother to Tamworth.

She was than asked if Dooley had told her that FA got of murder before & some one going missing from John's River. She said he wanted me to tell my husband ( CR ) which she did.

She was asked if FA ever mentioned the WT case to her & she couldn't be sure.

Sorry to butt in :D

I'll post about the Tamworth trip soon ( evidence from a protected witness )

He tried to sell her in late 2013 a 1930's penny bit it was " not real " " They are the rare ones, was scratched at the bottom"

FA in his cross examination of ER , he said to ER that he also came in with a watch & Australian Army badge & said you did buy the Army Badge :rolleyes:

ER saw FA in two different cars ( she saw him 6-8 times over 6 months in late 2013 ) Came to know him as FA. She saw him in white station wagon, boxy style, she thought it was a ford & white ute.

When she made a statement ER said she remembered one occasion, where she remembered FA made a joke about not having driven to the store. ER had a customer who she knew as "Dooley" & she knew his last name was Northam & that he had a scrap metal business & that he & his wife would sell goods. Dooley had said to FA "Better be careful driving around her, that's the coppers missus"

She said she about 6/12/2013 after the last time she saw FA she got a phone call from Dooley who got a phone call from FA . FA was upset as he was not paid for taking a little girl & mother to Tamworth.

She was than asked if Dooley had told her that FA got of murder before & some one going missing from John's River. She said he wanted me to tell my husband ( CR ) which she did.

She was asked if FA ever mentioned the WT case to her & she couldn't be sure.

Thank you :)

I had a vague recollection of the coins and watch but didn't want to say in case I wasn't remembering correctly. The amount you have been able to retell in detail from the inquest is amazing. I often needed to stop scribbling and listen intently for fear of missing something.

ER's mention of a white utility is the third mention of a white utility at the inquest. Whether that's significant or not - who knows?

Thanks for sharing this drsleuth.

The more I read it and think about DP's answers the more suss he becomes. I had thought the reason he wanted FA off his property was due to the sex offence charges FA was facing and maybe it was. But I'm now, after reading this, wanting DP grilled on why he wanted him gone.

Just a theory - one of these poi's could have cleaned up for another and they're involved in a cover-up. Maybe DP was afraid FA talked so much that the cover-up was going to be exposed. ETA Maybe FA fell out with DP over the sex offences charges and was threatening him not to reveal other things he knew FA was involved in. Perhaps RP was used to unwittingly assist with the cover-up.

Why mention the car was awaiting a respray as it was an embarrassment? Was it resprayed, was he trying to explain away the reason the car is no longer the same colour - if so that is a major red flag. Looking at all the bomb cars on his properties I don't believe he would be embarrassed about the state of one car. What was your feeling about the way he introduced that information in his evidence drsleuth?

Blue Clues , I didn't really get any " bad " vibes from DP, but now I'm also questioning alot, and I have to remember these types are masters at deceiving!! I wasn't there the day his brother MP gave evidence & wish I was to compare the two.

Maybe FA also has other info ( maybe not related to WT ) that he is holding over DP's head??

There certainly was an element of hostility between FA & DP . FA's cross examination of DP seemed to go forever with comments such as

FA : " you said I moved to Heron Creek in 2011, I put to you that's not correct"

DP : " I know exactly...........( cut of by FA ) "

FA " I can prove to you beyond reasonable doubt I was not"

DP " I know I'm telling the truth"

Coroner " Just questions Mr Abbot " ( I'd like a $ for every time she had to say this ;) )

FA " IN 2011 I was opposite Johns River shop where boys broke in my place & took my car to bush & burnt it "

Coroner : I'll stop you there Mr Abbott, I've given you some leway......( FA bitts in again)

FA: " somewhere in the middle of 2011, who asked me to move onto property , you or your brother?"

DP " Wasn't me"

FA " You calling your brother a liar?"

DP " My brother was the only person stopping you from my father kicking you out"

DP " Three times my father came to you on the verandah & asked you to leave. For a start lets stop these lies right now. I knew it was coming ( police ) You said " you know you'll never get rid of me "

DP " on thur 11/9 I was working on buses , RP picked you up 12pm"

FA : " That again not correct Mr Parish, police have evidence"

Coroner " I have read all the evidence Mr Abbott"

Lots more but than this one exchange

FA " Do you say you were home the time WT disappeared?"

DP " Yes"

Mr Craddock " Sometime in 2015 did Mr FA say to you " I know where WT is?"

DP " Yes, check GO place, he said it many times "

Just FYI GO had been to the Heron Creek property. How many times , who knows, FA says twice & DP says " I've seen him more than twice your honour"

So when did FA move to Heron Creek from Johns River?, who knows I actually think it was maybe 2010/ 2011 when he got kicked out of Johns River & after he lived somewhere with RP for a while .

Yes it's to ask. Unfortunately I don't have answers though. I think she might of mentioned what the items were but I didn't note it down. She didn't buy any of the items he brought to her as she didn't consider them to have any value.
Witness Dean Anderson spoke of FA stealing and said his impression of him was "a petty crim". Based on that I'd be more inclined to think he wasn't a collector or agent, but someone who went outside the law to find ways to make a bit of cash.
She didn't mention a date or time re driving a woman and child to Tamworth.
Blues Clues,

Thank you. Even knowing that the antiques shop didn't buy anything - despite FA continuing to try so often - might tell us something (I don't know what, exactly, but it's interesting that he kept trying, I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member