GUILTY IA - Breasia Terrell, 10, found deceased, Davenport, 10 July 2020 *arrest*

Last edited:
Missing person update | July 11 | 4:30 PM: Our deepest THANK YOU to the caring people offering to help with the missing child investigation underway.

Here’s what you need to know:
✔️ The DPD is actively investigating and in constant contact with the family.
✔️ The DPD and supporting agencies are working expert-driven and independent search efforts that do not require volunteers.
✔️ Those seeking to join a volunteer search party should self-organize. Please be safe: work in groups of 3 or more and assign one person in your group to call 9-1-1 with information and tips.

We thank everyone for their compassion for the family during this difficult time. As the investigation and work evolves, we’ll be providing updates as soon as possible.
Davenport Police Department

Well now it’s in msm...

Searching for Breasia: Sex offender's apartment searched in hunt for missing Davenport girl

Breasia's grandmother Donita Gardner, of Davenport said when her grandson went to stay overnight with Dinkins, his father, Breasia went with him.

Breasia was missing in the morning, Gardner said.

So he is her... uncle? And the "grandson" which would be her cousin... where does he say she went?
And, why in the world is someone allowing children to sleep over at the home of a convicted sex offender?

So he is her... uncle? And the "grandson" which would be her cousin... where does he say she went?
And, why in the world is someone allowing children to sleep over at the home of a convicted sex offender?
Yea, I am not quite sure of the relationship. I do know from one other case i followed that a sex offender was allowed to be in the presence of his own child....which seems crazy to me as well. This man isn't only a sex offender, he is basically a career criminal. Multiple drug arrests, suspended license, etc. Just totally disgusting.

Well, IMO I took it that DG's grandson is Breasia's half brother and Dinkins is his father, but not Breasia's. Breasia is also Donita Gardner's granddaughter.

Well, IMO I took it that DG's grandson is Breasia's half brother and Dinkins is his father, but not Breasia's. Breasia is also Donita Gardner's granddaughter.
I guess that would work too, I just immediately thought of cousins, for some reason.
Either way, WHERE is this little girl, and WHY did her mama allow her to sleep over at the home of a freaking sex offender?
I'm going to pretend mama thought she was staying over elsewhere, and give her the benefit of the doubt. FOR NOW.
The primary caretaker of the "grandson" needs to answer for this as well, whoever she is.

I guess that would work too, I just immediately thought of cousins, for some reason.
Either way, WHERE is this little girl, and WHY did her mama allow her to sleep over at the home of a freaking sex offender?
I'm going to pretend mama thought she was staying over elsewhere, and give her the benefit of the doubt. FOR NOW.
The primary caretaker of the "grandson" needs to answer for this as well, whoever she is.
IMO, it kind of sounds like the mom was at work until late and the grandma was watching her. To me it sounds like Breasia sent her mom the text after 9:00 and the mom didn't read it until she got off work. IMO-maybe the mom didn't know that she wasn't with the grandma overnight? Search for missing 10-year-old Breasia Terrell continues Saturday

IMO, it kind of sounds like the mom was at work until late and the grandma was watching her. To me it sounds like Breasia sent her mom the text after 9:00 and the mom didn't read it until she got off work. IMO-maybe the mom didn't know that she wasn't with the grandma overnight? Search for missing 10-year-old Breasia Terrell continues Saturday

That makes sense. So then in that scenario, it was grandma who sent the kids to sleep over at a registered sex offender's house.
:mad:

Well now it’s in msm...

Searching for Breasia: Sex offender's apartment searched in hunt for missing Davenport girl

Breasia's grandmother Donita Gardner, of Davenport said when her grandson went to stay overnight with Dinkins, his father, Breasia went with him.

Breasia was missing in the morning, Gardner said.

The photos in this article of her mother are heartbreaking. As was just said, it makes more sense to me that her grandmother allowed her to go to his house. Again imo.
While personally, I (I think I represent a huge majority on that one) would never ever let a 10 year old girl near him, perhaps the grandma is a bit blinded because of her relationship with him and the fact that the little girl was with the perps own son it created a false sense of safety perhaps rationalized by something like, “he only committed crimes on “others” and wouldn’t do it to family”). Offering no excuses just thinking about how she wound up in his “care”?
The mother looks absolutely broken, I don’t want to think she would also have to live with leaving her with him...I am sure she feels horrible enough having to work nights to support her family.
All imo, and forgive my rambling

The photos in this article of her mother are heartbreaking. As was just said, it makes more sense to me that her grandmother allowed her to go to his house. Again imo.
While personally, I (I think I represent a huge majority on that one) would never ever let a 10 year old girl near him, perhaps the grandma is a bit blinded because of her relationship with him and the fact that the little girl was with the perps own son it created a false sense of safety perhaps rationalized by something like, “he only committed crimes on “others” and wouldn’t do it to family”). Offering no excuses just thinking about how she wound up in his “care”?
The mother looks absolutely broken, I don’t want to think she would also have to live with leaving her with him...I am sure she feels horrible enough having to work nights to support her family.
All imo, and forgive my rambling
Family and friends denying sex offenders are really “that bad” are the reason sex offenders have easy access to children.
FWIW, the kids shouldn’t have been around him because of his other records alone!

Family and friends denying sex offenders are really “that bad” are the reason sex offenders have easy access to children.
FWIW, the kids shouldn’t have been around him because of his other records alone!
I absolutely agree!
Just trying to rationalize the seemingly irrational. From personal experience family denial and silence in case of SOs is baffling yet too prevalent. MOO

Yea, I am not quite sure of the relationship. I do know from one other case i followed that a sex offender was allowed to be in the presence of his own child....which seems crazy to me as well. This man isn't only a sex offender, he is basically a career criminal. Multiple drug arrests, suspended license, etc. Just totally disgusting.
Certainly has a lot of cases - more than 60 (I stopped counting) in Iowa and two dozen in Rock Island County Illinois across the river.

Dinkins is Breasia's little brother's Dad, but no relation to her.

I have to ask, did her Mom know Dinkins was a RSO?

Dinkins is Breasia's little brother's Dad, but no relation to her.

I have to ask, did her Mom know Dinkins was a RSO?

Is there a link to that somewhere? (I miss stuff a lot, sorry if it's already been posted)

I must be blind. I'm not seeing anywhere in that article that Donita Gardner's grandson, is Breasia's half brother.

It identifies her as grandmother to both children, but that's all.

You're correct, I also made the same (possibly inaccurate) assumption there, so would the boy then be Breasia's cousin? Making Dinkins her uncle?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back