Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imho sounds like he panicked - buried her clothes behind a random business in town but [theoretically] dumped her body in the woods? Why not keep her clothes with her? He must not understand DNA/evidence collection. Separating her from her clothes was pointless.
Moo
Of course we don't know, but my guess would be to make indentification that much harder?

Imho sounds like he panicked - buried her clothes behind a random business in town but [theoretically] dumped her body in the woods? Why not keep her clothes with her? He must not understand DNA/evidence collection. Separating her from her clothes was pointless.
Moo

My thought would be that a body decomposes and the bones are carried off by animals and eventually covered by branches and leaves. I watched a raccoon disappear one summer in the woods behind our home. It had died of some unknown cause. I could not believe how it seemingly melted into the earth. Leaves fell on it and there is no evidence visible to the eye that it existed. By taking the clothing, that is one less marker to tell someone who might stumble over bones that they were human. Remnants of clothing removes all doubt that the bones inside them are of human origin.

My thought would be that a body decomposes and the bones are carried off by animals and eventually covered by branches and leaves. I watched a raccoon disappear one summer in the woods behind our home. It had died of some unknown cause. I could not believe how it seemingly melted into the earth. Leaves fell on it and there is no evidence visible to the eye that it existed. By taking the clothing, that is one less marker to tell someone who might stumble over bones that they were human. Remnants of clothing removes all doubt that the bones inside them are of human origin.

Interesting.

Clothing on a body gives clues to LE and in this particular case Amish clothing tells what area she is from.

We had a very sad and similar case in Chicago a few months ago. A young college student was leaving the University in the evening and was raped and strangled to death in the parking garage. The perp had just got out of jail on burglary charges and was not deemed a "risk to society".
Go figure !!
I have seen more times than not where a perp either just got out of jail or is on "Probation" for a previous crime and is roaming the streets committing more crimes.. I really pi$$es me off
Rant over, carry on

His job at a large scale cement casting company may be a factor.
He could have easy access to any number of chemicals, lime,calcium oxide, acids etc. thanks to his employment in the concrete industry. Iv certainly had painful lesions that just continue to eat away at the skin, from concrete and its components. Bloody disgusting thought, Poor girl.

I expected something similar to what happened to Sierra. I am so sad for Linda's family. By all accounts, she was a sweet girl who deserved more. I hope police are able to recover her. Being the father of a teen girl, this one hits close to home. Our girls deserve to be able to walk alone without fear. I hope they feed this guy to the wolves once he receives his due process and all.

This man likely had a gun. So he may have used it to control her.

He could have easy access to any number of chemicals, lime,calcium oxide, acids etc. thanks to his employment in the concrete industry. Iv certainly had painful lesions that just continue to eat away at the skin, from concrete and its components. Bloody disgusting thought, Poor girl.
LE will want to know if any supplies are missing particularly on abduction day and the days after.

Of course we don't know, but my guess would be to make indentification that much harder?
Seems he most likely threw her body and her clothes in the trunk of his car. Drove to one area (Ronks)) to get rid of her clothing, thinking they would never find them. Then drove to another location (Welsh Mountain Nature Preserve) to dispose of the body. I still think the assault and murder could have taken place in Gap, quite possibly at his place of work. I could be wrong, JMO.

Last edited:
I am continuing to pray for Linda’s family. What an excruciating time this must be for them.

—To the Stoltzfoos’ May the God of all Grace, continue to strengthen and restore you. May He comfort you, bringing a full, beauty for ashes, healing to all of you. May He bless you with His peace, that you know, is nothing that this world can give to you. Keep your eyes focused on Him and the glory that will be revealed to you (very) soon. Please continue to be a beautiful LIGHT to the English, especially through these terrible, broken, dark, end times that we live in today. In Jesus Holy and Perfect name, I lift my requests and thanksgiving up to you God.
Mere words cannot express to you all how deeply sorry I am that you lost your precious Linda so soon, much too early in her life. You all will continue to be in my heart and my prayers. <3

ETA: I am also praying for everyone else who has been negatively and adversely affected by this tragic loss. e.g. LE, the community, websleuthers, the perpetrator’s family, EVERYONE.

Last edited:
Lol at Big duh TwoBlueJays. It's a lot of info. to take in, process and separate. Can be confusing. Been there myself.
Right! You get focused on minutiae and forget the big picture. I did that with Gannon - chased a lot of dead ends but on the upside I got to know a lot about the Colorado Springs area.

"Amish churches in that area don't wear black head coverings" is the exact quote from the article that I think you're referring to (BBM, link to original article at bottom).

It appears, however, that in other areas it IS quite common for single/unmarried women to wear black bonnets (which they change to white bonnets upon their marriage). The diversity of bonnet-based practices is quite remarkable, particularly in a faith tradition and culture that most "English" outsiders view as monolithic--see, for example all the variations on head coverings here: https://amishamerica.com/amish-womens-head-coverings/

Paradise Twp. man charged with kidnapping Linda Stoltzfoos, an Amish teen who is still missing [update]
Thanks for clarifying/correcting. At the time, I was under the erroneous impression that she was sited farther away from home than she actually was, so I translated "in that area" to mean the church of the witness being interviewed, assuming it was in a different area. So glad you pointed that out!

Further, the fact that the witness thought she saw a black head covering is strange, since Linda is wearing a white head covering in the only photo I've seen of her (and that is the color worn in the area).

Further, the fact that the witness thought she saw a black head covering is strange, since Linda is wearing a white head covering in the only photo I've seen of her (and that is the color worn in the area).
It’s my understanding that in Linda’s church district, unmarried women wear the black coverings for church and the white ones the rest of the time. In other church districts, black coverings may not be worn at all. Amish people would definitely realize that a black one looked out of place in an area where only white coverings would be worn.

Thanks for clarifying/correcting. At the time, I was under the erroneous impression that she was sited farther away from home than she actually was, so I translated "in that area" to mean the church of the witness being interviewed, assuming it was in a different area. So glad you pointed that out!

It does state on the FBI missing persons poster, that she was wearing a black head covering. I noticed when going along Gibbons rd. in Bird-in-Hand (Google earth), their was two women in a field that were wearing black head wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny