Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM:

“More than a dozen members of the Australian Defence Force are believed to be lockdown this morning after visiting a Sydney pub at the centre of a new coronavirus outbreak.”

So much for providing “defense”.

SMH.

Just to provide a little clarity ... a young staff member at this particular pub tested positive. So the NSW govt has been working hard to contact trace everyone who was at this pub between 3rd and 10th July.

Our Deputy Chief Medical Officer even went on national TV yesterday to call for people who may have been at the pub during this time to please come forward for testing. At least 400 people have responded, so far.

Hey all. Hope everyone is well. I am still trying to recover from this broken ankle and it is not fun. We finally have the mask order - which is fun when it is 95 degrees outside with humidity at 95 percent!!! Anyone, the virus is spreading like crazy in my neck of the woods. Even though I am fortunate enough to be able to work from home, two of my co-workers have the virus at this time. It is scary.

Also, school is starting around August 10th, How crazy is that???

Good to hear from you, Kensie! Hope you're doing ok with that ankle and everything else going on.

Masks still aren't mandated here; we only have to wear them on public transport (and in shops in Scotland, which might be rolled out elsewhere soon). I wore mine for a short time recently and felt a bit "stifled" so I can't even imagine it in that heat. Remind me where your neck of the woods is?

Just to provide a little clarity ... a young staff member at this particular pub tested positive. So the NSW govt has been working hard to contact trace everyone who was at this pub during the last week or so.

At least 400 people came forward for testing.

Thanks for the clarification.

:)

I‘m not aware of the specifics in that region- I guess I’m wondering why they’re hitting pubs right now, but I guess it depends on the situation there.

It’s good they have strong contact tracing in place. Of course they do.

He got an itemized bill when he left. He is currently negotiating with them (he doesn't have insurance). The ER visit alone was about $3000 plus the tests and treatments were all add-ons, of course.

I think they'll let him make payments. And it probably won't appear on his credit record unless he ceases to do so - they may want a minimum every month. He's still at the stage where he has no energy and just can't handle more than one task per day.

I hope he returns to full health and strength quickly. I can't imagine the financial stress that some families have during these dreadful days.

Good to hear from you, Kensie! Hope you're doing ok with that ankle and everything else going on.

Masks still aren't mandated here; we only have to wear them on public transport (and in shops in Scotland, which might be rolled out elsewhere soon). I wore mine for a short time recently and felt a bit "stifled" so I can't even imagine it in that heat. Remind me where your neck of the woods is?

Alabama - South East USA

White House seeks to discredit Fauci as coronavirus surges

Many of the statements the White House criticizes Fauci for were based on the best available data at the time and were widely echoed by Trump and other officials.

The White House is seeking to discredit Dr. Anthony Fauci, the country's leading infectious disease expert, as President Donald Trump works to marginalize him and his dire warnings about the shortcomings of the U.S. coronavirus response.

In a remarkable broadside by the Trump administration against one of its own, a White House official said Sunday that "several White House officials are concerned about the number of times Dr. Fauci has been wrong on things." The official gave NBC News a list of nearly a dozen past comments by Fauci that the official said had ultimately proven erroneous...

Of course we all knew it was just a matter of time before Dr. Fauci would be thrown under the bus.

Police helping during Covid times, help others.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/baby-wombat-named-ted-is-taken-in-by-a-police-officer-after-its-mother-was-struck-and-killed-by-a-car-and-is-now-being-raised-at-the-local-cop-s
[URL='http://www.dailymail.co.uk/']

Baby wombat named Ted is taken in by a police officer after its mother was struck and killed by a car - and is now being raised at the local cop station

Adam Mccleery For Daily Mail Australia

2 hrs ago
tation/ar-BB16E4Fp?ocid=msedgdhp[/URL]
An orphaned bare-nosed wombat that was rescued by a police officer will spend the next year living at the local station until it's ready to go back out into the wild.

The eight-month-old wombat named Ted was taken in by Monaro Police District's Senior Constable Tori Murray in June after its mother was hit and killed by a car.

Since then Ted has spent most of its days at the Queanbeyan Police Station where a bed has been set up under Senior Constable Murray's desk.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/poli...rump-s-stone-ruling/ar-BB16E3oR?ocid=msedgdhp

BB16E9K3.img

© Provided by Daily Mail Ted, the eight-month-old orphaned wombat (pictured), was rescued by a NSW Police officer after his mother was killed by a car and now spends his days at a police station
The wombat is often found taking a nap in its portable bed or following other officers around.

Monaro Police District's Inspector Charles Hutchins said everyone had taken to Ted immediately and enjoyed having him at the police station.

'The officers have taken very positively to Ted,' he said.

'As you can appreciate with every baby animal, everyone is very nurturing and caring and very interested in the process.

'I’m sure there are plenty of cuddles being passed around the office.'

Ted gets no shortage of love and attention from the officers but when it comes to feeding time it is up to Senior Constable Murray.

'Ted is fed special wombat formula by bottle up to about four times a day,' Insp Hutchins said.
BB16E7b6.img

© Provided by Daily Mail Monaro Police District's Inspector Charles Hutchins (pictured) said all everyone had taken to Ted immediately and enjoyed having him at the police station

Did you and your husband need a CoVid test before seeing the Dr? In these parts, unless you're coming in an ambulance, you need a negative test result within the week of your appointment. It may be because the Dr.'s offices are in the hospital building.

Wow. How do people do that when they can't even get tests results within a week? No one here in GA can get a test result back that quick outside a hospital now. My mom just saw the cardiologist this week and no test results required. However she told me everyone in the waiting room had a mask on. I was at the same cardiologist office a month ago and 90% didn't at that time.

Wow. How do people do that when they can't even get tests results within a week? No one here in GA can get a test result back that quick outside a hospital now. My mom just saw the cardiologist this week and no test results required. However she told me everyone in the waiting room had a mask on. I was at the same cardiologist office a month ago and 90% didn't at that time.

And not getting results in a timely manner totally screws up contact tracing.

The Meet The Press video I posted above addresses this testing results timeline issue. Worth a watch, imo.

It's really scary to think that one could be reinfected after having to suffer through covid-19 once already. There's no way that herd immunity can be built up naturally if immunity only lasts for 2 to 3 months. That would mean that a vaccine that somehow lasts longer would be our only hope for those communities that are completely out of control.

More interesting info on Harvard research:

Covid Kills More Men Than Women. Experts Still Can’t Explain Why

Sickening that they are attempting this, especially since the proof is in the data. Dr. Fauci has more integrity than any of them put together. MOO.

Yep.

Everything is documented. We know who said what when.

It’s very easy to line up quotes against each other.

Fauci has consistently emphasized the seriousness of this situation. And more.

It's really scary to think that one could be reinfected after having to suffer through covid-19 once already. There's no way that herd immunity can be built up naturally if immunity only lasts for 2 to 3 months. That would mean that a vaccine that somehow lasts longer would be our only hope for those communities that are completely out of control.

More interesting info on Harvard research:

Covid Kills More Men Than Women. Experts Still Can’t Explain Why
I saw some research a while back going down the rabbit trail of male hormones. I don't know what ever happened with that.

I saw some research a while back going down the rabbit trail of male hormones. I don't know what ever happened with that.

I have a non-scientific theory that women are more protected from many illnesses. Only because so many of us care for ill children and don't catch their illness.

When I caught chickenpox from my daughter, I had such a very mild case while she was absolutely covered in the pox.

And not getting results in a timely manner totally screws up contact tracing.

The Meet The Press video I posted above addresses this testing results timeline issue. Worth a watch, imo.

Basically we're screwed, right? I mean how do you even get prescribed meds for it without test results? And then early treatment is best in most cases. So we can't stop spread, have to quarantine more and then can't get treatment early enough. All because they couldn't be bothered to make sure we could handle testing or just about anything related to this stupid virus. :(

And god help you if you need an icu bed. Feels like we’re Totally screwed imo.

Basically we're screwed, right? I mean how do you even get prescribed meds for it without test results? And then early treatment is best in most cases. So we can't stop spread, have to quarantine more and then can't get treatment early enough. All because they couldn't be bothered to make sure we could handle testing or just about anything related to this stupid virus. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288