Found Deceased CA - Naya Rivera, "Glee Actress", missing from boat with son, 4, (fnd alive), Lake Piru, 9 July 2020

12:32 PM PT -- According to reports, Ventura County's search for Naya will continue on a day-to-day basis, but not at the same intensity it's been at these past few days. Sonar scans of the lake are said to be completed by end of day Sunday.

Naya Rivera Search Will Include Cabins on Lake Piru, Intensity Lessens

Wow sonar search will conclude end of today Sunday. I can’t believe the side sonar would be completed in only a few days that lake is big. That’s disappointing. Unless her body surfaces and without the use of sonar anymore that will be her underwater grave unless she’s alive somewhere. Highly unlikely but there’s always hope.

Are their other ways to launch a boat around the lake that they wouldn’t know about. She a very beautiful woman I just don’t know there are a lot of sexual predators and stalkers here in CA. It’s strange that her 4 yr old boy was sleeping and not wailing My boys are grown now but at that age if I wasn’t in their site they would have been panicked and been crying hard out on a big scary lake alone. I don’t know if everything a four year old says is completely accurate and I would not completely depend on it. Sometimes stories from little tykes aren’t always correct. I was googling different side sonar equipment for locating bodies. Their are some very sophisticated $200,000 systems that are used. They one I saw they were using weren’t near as sophisticated as the others. Divers seem useless as you can’t see much around you which sucks. I think all avenues should be searched. I still feel there could have been foul play.
Let's go with your speculation there could have been foul play for a moment.
While my #1 speculation is exactly how it's been reported; (she went in the water and didn't come back up - likely tangled in something), I do think all possibilities should be considered.

As such, I would have taken a blood test on the little one to see if there were any sedatives in his system. While it makes sense to me that a little one out on the water might take a nap (warm weather makes us dozy and the water can lull us), it does peak my interest. I would certainly have looked for any signs of sedatives, and checked residue in any containers.

While this sounds a bit far fetched, it can quickly help eliminate any speculation about this being anything other than a tragic accident.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Are their other ways to launch a boat around the lake that they wouldn’t know about. She a very beautiful woman I just don’t know there are a lot of sexual predators and stalkers here in CA. It’s strange that her 4 yr old boy was sleeping and not wailing My boys are grown now but at that age if I wasn’t in their site they would have been panicked and been crying hard out on a big scary lake alone. I don’t know if everything a four year old says is completely accurate and I would not completely depend on it. Sometimes stories from little tykes aren’t always correct. I was googling different side sonar equipment for locating bodies. Their are some very sophisticated $200,000 systems that are used. They one I saw they were using weren’t near as sophisticated as the others. Divers seem useless as you can’t see much around you which sucks. I think all avenues should be searched. I still feel there could have been foul play.
No there's just the two launch areas. There's really no other place that easily accessible to put a boat in the water

12:32 PM PT -- According to reports, Ventura County's search for Naya will continue on a day-to-day basis, but not at the same intensity it's been at these past few days. Sonar scans of the lake are said to be completed by end of day Sunday.

Naya Rivera Search Will Include Cabins on Lake Piru, Intensity Lessens

Wow sonar search will conclude end of today Sunday. I can’t believe the side sonar would be completed in only a few days that lake is big. That’s disappointing. Unless her body surfaces and without the use of sonar anymore that will be her underwater grave unless she’s alive somewhere. Highly unlikely but there’s always hope.

If LE gives up on the searching rather quickly I can tell you one thing and that is that her friends will more that likely keep it going. Naya's family and friends have all the money in the world to bring in top notch equipment to find her. Her brother Mychal is in the NFL, Naya herself was rich, and all her friends like Heather Morris for example are rich as well.

If LE gives up on the searching rather quickly I can tell you one thing and that is that her friends will more that likely keep it going. Naya's family and friends have all the money in the world to bring in top notch equipment to find her. Her brother Mychal is in the NFL, Naya herself was rich, and all her friends like Heather Morris for example are rich as well.
Mychal is a free agent, as far as I know, he's not signed with any team right now. I don't know how much money Naya still had, but it would be smart to not touch it and leave it to her son. I'm afraid her family and friends try to go and search for her, someone can easily get hurt and that doesn't help anyone.

My post was deleted because on non factual information. I should have put the link, my apologies. So here it is again with link.

I think people speculate on outlandish theories because then there is a shred of hope she’s alive. But this a tragic accident IMO.

Her son said mom jumped in the lake and never came up. That in my opinion is exactly what happened. She jumped in, either hit her head or got tangled up in something underwater like a tree/rock/debris.

Link: “Josey Hollis Dorsey, told deputies his mom had jumped in the water ... but didn't come back up.” Naya Rivera Heartbreaking Surveillance Video, Presumed Dead in Drowning

What I found rather odd is that the video of her walking across the parking lot with her son shows her carrying an extremely large, obviously very heavy white sack slung over her shoulder. What was in that bag? No mention has been made of the bag being found on the boat. Her son was carrying a small white sack which did not seem unusual, but there is something "off" about her carrying this huge sack on a 3-hour boat-ride. Was she meeting up with someone? So many unanswered questions.

No disrespect, but if you’re a parent of a kid aged anywhere from birth-10 years old, you pretty much go on any planned excursion with a bag weighing more than your own self. Towels, changes of clothing, a lunch bag, a cooler, a beach bag with toys, sunscreen, bug spray, phone charger, etc.

I don’t find the enormous bag suspicious at all...I find it relatable! I think she probably just arrived equipped for a day on the water with her son, plus extras of clothes and towels and lunch and plenty of snacks and fluids.
JMHO

Ventura Co. Sheriff @venturasheriff
For those intent on searching for Naya Rivera on your own, 1. The lake is closed. 2. Temps are already in the 90’s. 3. The terrain around the lake is very steep and rugged. Our teams are well equipped and highly trained. We don’t want to have to rescue you.

In today’s search for Naya Rivera, cabins and outbuildings in the surrounding area will be checked once again, as well as the shoreline. This has been part of the ongoing search effort since her disappearance on Wednesday afternoon. Boat crews continue to scan the lake.

Divers continue the search for Naya Rivera this afternoon at Lake Piru. This is day 5 of the search and recovery effort. She disappeared Wednesday afternoon while swimming in the lake. https://t.co/3etxZ3ycpN

Let's go with your speculation there could have been foul play for a moment.
While my #1 speculation is exactly how it's been reported; (she went in the water and didn't come back up - likely tangled in something), I do think all possibilities should be considered.

As such, I would have taken a blood test on the little one to see if there were any sedatives in his system. While it makes sense to me that a little one out on the water might take a nap (warm weather makes us dozy and the water can lull us), it does peak my interest. I would certainly have looked for any signs of sedatives, and checked residue in any containers.

While this sounds a bit far fetched, it can quickly help eliminate any speculation about this being anything other than a tragic accident.

Exactly and since the lake was practically empty even only a few employees who would notice a small outboard fishing boat launched somewhere on the other side of the lake? I completely agree it’s too early to rule everything out. The boy is only 4 not even 5 yrs old yet he might not even remember. Anything could have happened to Naya. She is very attractive and on SM. Someone stalking her could have known all her moves. I’m open to any possibilities since she hasn’t been found.

My post was deleted because on non factual information. I should have put the link, my apologies. So here it is again with link.

I think people speculate on outlandish theories because then there is a shred of hope she’s alive. But this a tragic accident IMO.

Her son said mom jumped in the lake and never came up. That in my opinion is exactly what happened. She jumped in, either hit her head or got tangled up in something underwater like a tree/rock/debris.

Link: “Josey Hollis Dorsey, told deputies his mom had jumped in the water ... but didn't come back up.” Naya Rivera Heartbreaking Surveillance Video, Presumed Dead in Drowning

That’s not correct if you read the original Ventura Sheriffs press release. The boy said they were swimming in the lake he got up on the boat she didn’t. So who knows he’s a little boy.

Ventura Co. Sheriff @venturasheriff
For those intent on searching for Naya Rivera on your own, 1. The lake is closed. 2. Temps are already in the 90’s. 3. The terrain around the lake is very steep and rugged. Our teams are well equipped and highly trained. We don’t want to have to rescue you.

In today’s search for Naya Rivera, cabins and outbuildings in the surrounding area will be checked once again, as well as the shoreline. This has been part of the ongoing search effort since her disappearance on Wednesday afternoon. Boat crews continue to scan the lake.

Divers continue the search for Naya Rivera this afternoon at Lake Piru. This is day 5 of the search and recovery effort. She disappeared Wednesday afternoon while swimming in the lake. https://t.co/3etxZ3ycpN
They do not know for certain that she was "swimming" in the lake. That seems like a bit of a misstatement.

JENN MCGRAW @NewsMcGraw 2h

Replying to @decdav003 @tepall14
and 2 others
Officials are searching cabins and will have a press conference if there’s any discovery

JENN MCGRAW @NewsMcGraw 1h

Update: After days of searching, mutual aid is leaving Lake Piru, heading back to assist their own communities.@VENTURASHERIFF
will continue with their dive team/sonar to search to #BringNayaHome

[URL='https://mobile.twitter.com/NewsMcGraw']JENN MCGRAW @NewsMcGraw[/URL] 3h

This picture says it all, an emotional plea from a mother to find her daughter #WhereIsNaya It’s day 5 in the search for actress from hit series
@OfficialGLEEtv
Officials believe she drowned in Lake Piru while boating with her son.
@KTLA 5pm for the update

Mychal is a free agent, as far as I know, he's not signed with any team right now. I don't know how much money Naya still had, but it would be smart to not touch it and leave it to her son. I'm afraid her family and friends try to go and search for her, someone can easily get hurt and that doesn't help anyone.

He was in with the Raiders at one point and then also in with Jaguars so he I'm sure he has money.

willenFan21 - your avatar - the pic of the beautiful mother and son. Do you know when that pic was taken and by whom?

It was taken 42 weeks ago. You can find it at the link below. This was the caption:

"nayarivera
Verified

I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be. Happy birthday Josey! Love Mommy ❤️"

It was taken 42 weeks ago. You can find it at the link below. This was the caption:

"nayarivera
Verified

I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be. Happy birthday Josey! Love Mommy ❤️"
Thanks - and you just gave me another piece of data i was interested in. The little boy is approaching 5, so that is useful when analyzing his statements.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen