Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Also keep in mind they said he is 34 years old correct, and he probably started driving around 16 or 17. So that's 17 years driving experience, but 12 of those was spent in prison, leaving him 5 years of driving. Doesn't leave a lot of time to learn all the secret spots to hang with your friends. He had to go to a place he either drove by frequently. Or knew of growing up. What town was he raised in?
Did he family frequent any parks or preserves?
Where is his brother living now?
Could he have met is brother at the Welsh Mountain Preserve parking area?
For the little amount of time he had to do this, he knew where to drive in a fair amount of time.
He was living on the streets at age 7 until he and his brother were adopted by a couple in Lancaster, PA which is not far at all from Bird In Hand and the other communities he is known to travel to and from. He knows those areas very very well.

Last edited:
I agree, your really pushing it taking photographs of someone's inside vehicle. I know if I walked outside my house and saw someone taking pictures of my vehicle there would be a confrontation. So what made this individual so comfortable to take these pictures?

IMO- if this is a suspicious vehicle parked outside of the mans business, NO driver to be located, I don't blame him for taking pictures of it. License plates, outside, interior.
It would all be evidence if he needed to present it to a court of law. He didn't touch the car either, no? Maybe not so much "comfortable", taking the pics, but possible learned from a previous break in (?)
JMO

There was a large search Sunday in the Welsh Mountain area that apparently resumed yesterday as well.

Search for Linda Stoltzfoos continues in East Earl Township

What were they looking for here? Did they find anything? It was a little surprising to me that so many Plain people set aside their Sunday customs to join the search but, then again, many of them serve on the local volunteer fire companies that were a large part of the search effort. And the search was fowr one of their own. I wonder at what point in the timeline beginning 6/21 do police think JS was in the Welsh Mountain area. Did he go back several times as he did to the Harvest Road location?

The Welsh Mountain area was the site where remains were found in another locally famous case. COM. v. ZIMMERMAN | 351 Pa.Super. 5 (1986) | asuper51355 | Leagle.com

T
his is the appeal of the killer, but the summary of the facts gives this information: “On July 31, 1980, a young girl named Evelyn Fisher disappeared from her home. Her skeletal remains were found October 9, 1980, in the thick brush and foliage of the Welsh Mountains, about 4 miles from the girl’s home.”

The area hasn’t changed much from that description, and I think if there are remains in there, time is of the essence to preserve as much evidence as possible.
Three months from abduction til skeletal remains were found Hereshecomes75. I had no idea decomposition could happen so quickly, no wonder authorities are intent on finding her as soon as possible. A victims clothing would most likely last a lot longer than that.

I only saw a posting on here that said she was seen with JS in his car the afternoon of the abduction in Gap. Where does it say she was seen alive days later ?
I was just trying to locate the article but it has been corrected. It initially sounded like she was seen on June 29th by an Amish man, but it turns out that is when he contacted the police or FBI about what he saw on the June 21st. :(

I was just trying to locate the article but it has been corrected. It initially sounded like she was seen on June 29th by an Amish man, but it turns out that is when he contacted the police or FBI about what he saw on the June 21st. :(
Oh okay, thought I was missing important info. Thanks for letting me know.

Heavenly Father,
Grant Your mercy and strength to all people who are affected by lovely, dear Linda's sudden disappearance. Wrap Your arms around her family and friends so they may feel Your comforting peace. Guide those who continue to search. We thank You for their courage and persistence. Give law enforcement officers, who continue to serve all of us during these especially challenging times, enlightenment.
Lord, help us to focus on You, our Good Shepherd. Linda is a lamb of Your flock. Please lead her home. Lord, in Your mercy, hear our prayer. Amen.
❤❤

Thank you so much.

Amen.

Jmho

IMO, I think the suspect has been casing the neighborhood. I wonder if this was premeditated and planned. We know he was charged with many gunpoint robberies over time. I wonder if those businesses in the neighborhood have been robbed, hence, the cams. Wonder if one of his crimes in a way helped catch him for this horrible crime. He didn't deserve to breathe the same air as this angel. MOO.

This makes me wonder if she saw him doing something by walking by...so he did something to keep her quiet....

Three months from abduction til skeletal remains were found Hereshecomes75. I had no idea decomposition could happen so quickly, no wonder authorities are intent on finding her as soon as possible. A victims clothing would most likely last a lot longer than that.
I agree that was fast. If you read further in the appeal I posted for the Evelyn Fisher case, it explains how her skeletal remains were found with the arms restrained by her jeans. Her clothing and shoes were in a pile nearby. Evelyn went missing in the summer, too. I assume the normal decomposition process was aided by the heat and the animal and insect life you find in a deciduous forest. So if they think Linda’s remains could be in there, they’d want to find them as quickly as possible.

The community search hotline also asked people to be considerate to the Stoltzfoos family and not to ask them any questions or details about the investigation.
“This is extremely stressful during this time and the family is not emotionally strong enough to handle these questions,” the hotline spokesman said in the recorded message.
The community search hotline asked people to continue praying for the Stoltzfoos family and additionally the Smoker family.
Community volunteer searches for missing Amish woman Linda Stoltzfoos conclude; local authorities to coordinate all search efforts

I am thinking she is walking past 553 Beechdale Rd. going towards home. He is approaching 553 Beechdale Rd. driving in the same direction she is walking so she can't see him approaching her. The camera shows her on east side of Beechdale Rd. and she walks west (across the road) to where his car is. The camera captured his car on west side of Beechdale Rd. I believe he actually drove past her house. Poor young lady almost made it home.

Last edited:
I agree that was fast. If you read further in the appeal I posted for the Evelyn Fisher case, it explains how her skeletal remains were found with the arms restrained by her jeans. Her clothing and shoes were in a pile nearby. Evelyn went missing in the summer, too. I assume the normal decomposition process was aided by the heat and the animal and insect life you find in a deciduous forest. So if they think Linda’s remains could be in there, they’d want to find them as quickly as possible.
Sometimes remains will be moved by animals especially in wooded areas.

S0 on 6/23 they had the license plate of a vehicle parked and suspiciously nosing around a business in an area where a woman was missing. Why didn't they look into the registered owner of the car at that time? Then 6 days later, they find 2 independent witnesses that saw an Amish woman in a car matching the description of the suspicious car and they still didn't look into the owner. I guess hind sight is 20/20.

A few thoughts/questions that come to mind while catching up on this thread:

JS may not have realized there were so many cameras in this rural, Amish area. A lot has changed in the 12 years he was in prison. He may have thought "rural, no cameras, few people, Amish don't have phones/social media....he could get away with a crime and have time before being noticed/police notified".

JS visiting the business on Harvest Rd twice and looking in windows/checking doors makes me think he may have initially wanted to "plant" evidence inside the building to frame someone who owns it or works there. When he couldn't get in, he buried the stockings and bra behind the property.

How did JS bury the articles of clothing? Did he bring a shovel with him or did he use a shovel from the property? I wonder if police checked for fingerprints/DNA on shovel handles on the property.

The Harvest Rd business owner may have taken pics of the car from the inside of his building. It's possible to zoom in on a car's interior.

Are the railroad tracks behind the Harvest Rd business active? If so, what time did a train go by the area in question? Trains may have cameras.

I read that at 12:42 on June 21 JS's car was caught on camera with a white object on the front passenger side seat. What could that have been?

A few thoughts/questions that come to mind while catching up on this thread:

JS may not have realized there were so many cameras in this rural, Amish area. A lot has changed in the 12 years he was in prison. He may have thought "rural, no cameras, few people, Amish don't have phones/social media....he could get away with a crime and have time before being noticed/police notified".

JS visiting the business on Harvest Rd twice and looking in windows/checking doors makes me think he may have initially wanted to "plant" evidence inside the building to frame someone who owns it or works there. When he couldn't get in, he buried the stockings and bra behind the property.

How did JS bury the articles of clothing? Did he bring a shovel with him or did he use a shovel from the property? I wonder if police checked for fingerprints/DNA on shovel handles on the property.

The Harvest Rd business owner may have taken pics of the car from the inside of his building. It's possible to zoom in on a car's interior.

Are the railroad tracks behind the Harvest Rd business active? If so, what time did a train go by the area in question? Trains may have cameras.

I read that at 12:42 on June 21 JS's car was caught on camera with a white object on the front passenger side seat. What could that have been?
The man named Scott who lives in the house next to the abduction area had surveillance cameras installed 2 weeks before the abduction because of damage done to his property. Thank God he did because that is what clinched the arrest of JS. Additionally, it appears to me that the windmill device on the property at 557 Beechdale Rd. captured the abduction. I don't know what the camera on the 3 bay garage across from the silo shows.

Last edited:
There is a small circular object that looks like a camera, connected to a cord mounted over the middle door of the three bay garage. It is at the correct angle to have taken the picture of his car in front of the silos.
But, it boggles my mind that he would take her from that spot because of the house across the street being so close to the road and the business itself being right on the road. How could he think no one would see what was happening in real time?

Perhaps he knew the family who resided in the home were gone? He may have watched them leave- church services, maybe? IMO, I doubt he noticed the camera. I think he had an "oh sh**" moment when investigators released the photo of his vehicle. That's why (if news reports are correct), the vehicle has disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam