The British Royal Family #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder who is allowing the source to keep putting her dad in the spotlight? Flashback to years ago..... no letter should have been written but yet the letter still needs to announced in MSM ...MOO

Makes no sense. The press hasn’t decreased, it has only increased with their move to the US.

Most of what we've read about Meghan has been from "Palace sources". No doubt those people are highly favorable to Catherine, as she is the future <modsnip> of the monarchy.

I can't imagine being a bride-to-be in a foreign country with such a high-profile family and to have people tattling to the Press on me over every little thing. What a welcome!

I don't recall any report of:
HRH William listed on the Court Calendar for an anniversary event for his military group for many months
But instead HRH William & the DoC show up in London's theater district for handshakes with media stars from the US.

Anyone know of this happening with HRH William & the DoC?
HRH Edward and the CoW, either?

HRH Harry was scheduled for the Centennial of the Royal Marines. That's going to happen just once.
But this is what happened instead:
upload_2020-7-15_17-31-38.jpeg
image from ca.hellomagazine.com

The dress is OK, the choices -- not so much.

JMHO YMMV LRR

I don't recall any report of:
HRH William listed on the Court Calendar for an anniversary event for his military group for many months
But instead HRH William & the DoC show up in London's theater district for handshakes with media stars from the US.

Anyone know of this happening with HRH William & the DoC?
HRH Edward and the CoW, either?

HRH Harry was scheduled for the Centennial of the Royal Marines. That's going to happen just once.
But this is what happened instead:
View attachment 255693
image from ca.hellomagazine.com

The dress is OK, the choices -- not so much.

JMHO YMMV LRR
I'm not sure what that has to do with my post but would you mind providing a link to the story and not just the photo?

ETA Granted, this is a wikipedia article but it seems the Royal Marines are much older than 100 years and I don't see any reference to anything significant happening with them in 1919 or 1920. I can't find anything in a google search for "Centennial of the Royal Marines".
History of the Royal Marines - Wikipedia

Another nothingburger IMO

Last edited:
The DoCam seems to be a truly lovely person and is kind and considerate of her staff. I'm glad that she would stand up for them.

I'm starting to get that impression about the Countess of Wessex, too. She has definitely risen in my esteem of late!

Catherine has lately been acting like a mean girl, IMO. She doesn't want Meghan in Harry's life but she doesn't want all the burden since H&M have moved on. I think she's in over her head, through no fault of H&M's. Again MOO.

And she and William have had trouble keeping staff too.
Prince William and Kate's maid quits 'demanding' job | Daily Mail Online

dbm, the Double-Post Pixie visited....

Last edited:
I'm not sure what that has to do with my post but would you mind providing a link to the story and not just the photo?

Here ya' go, LaLouve:

Meghan Markle and Harry ignore Royal Marines memorial for Lion King

Prince Harry snub? Meghan Markle and Harry ignore Royal Marines memorial for Lion King

The 34-year-old had been invited to a memorial concert for the Royal Marines held annually in Deal, Kent, but opted to be Meghan’s plus one at the celerity-flanked bash, which saw the American gush over A-list pals Beyonce and Jay Z.

Oh, excuse me, memorial event.

Here ya' go, LaLouve:

Meghan Markle and Harry ignore Royal Marines memorial for Lion King

Prince Harry snub? Meghan Markle and Harry ignore Royal Marines memorial for Lion King

The 34-year-old had been invited to a memorial concert for the Royal Marines held annually in Deal, Kent, but opted to be Meghan’s plus one at the celerity-flanked bash, which saw the American gush over A-list pals Beyonce and Jay Z.

Oh, excuse me, memorial event.

Thanks Laughing.

According to the link, it's an event held annually, not once in a hundred years. And the story goes on to say "The Duke attended the Mountbatten Festival of Music in March this year, where the Deal anniversary was a core theme on the night. This included specially commissioned music and video to remember those that died."

So in truth it's not the scandal and "snub" that some want to make it out to be.

Another nothingburger MOO.

Pass the ketchup..... :p

I'm sorry but the IRA story is according to Piers Morgan, who is not known for his objectiveness about Meghan. If we're now relying on him for accurate, factual reporting I'm afraid I won't be buying a ticket for that ride.

And your first link goes on to say: "However Kensington Palace denied Harry was ever invited to the [IRA] memorial event. He attended the Lion King premiere in central London with wife Meghan on July 14."

In the Spectator article, a "palace spokeswoman" "confirmed that Prince Harry had been unable to attend"..... (my emphasis). That seems to me that he had either been invited, or that it would have been expected for him, as the Captain General of the Royal Marines, to attend the anniversary event described as a "special concert". It did mark the 30th anniversary of the IRA attack which killed 11 marines and wounded others.

I have an idea that if the nebulous "KP" quoted in your first link, Laughing, did indeed deny the invitation, it was to, ahem, "protect" H. Invitation or not; however, the episode is one of the many that show the character of the man. The choices we make in life show what is important to us. He could have chosen a serious event honoring the fallen of those he leads and represents, or the celeb event. He chose the latter.

Certainly, few people are going to make character judgements based on one event or behavior, but this was part of a string of items exhibited by both MM and PH that soured me on them.

For me, one of the first was the coat. (The one at Eugenie's wedding -the one with the two top buttons undone.) That coat!

BTW, this article has a good description of the original event, for anyone who is interested: Prince Harry 'missed IRA Marines service for Lion King Premiere'

Last edited:
Catherine has lately been acting like a mean girl, IMO. She doesn't want Meghan in Harry's life but she doesn't want all the burden since H&M have moved on. I think she's in over her head, through no fault of H&M's. Again MOO.

And she and William have had trouble keeping staff too.
Prince William and Kate's maid quits 'demanding' job | Daily Mail Online

None of us knows what anyone else really thinks, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Duchess of Cambridge did want M out of Harry's life. It seems that he was quite close to the DoCam and the rest of the family before M. There are countless photos as well as reports of them seeming to get along and enjoy each others' company. H now seems to be on the outs with his entire family, including the sister-in-law he appeared to be so fond of for many years.

I'll take fries with this nothing burger!

From your link - rather unflattering for Harry.

"She says Meghan wants to run for president of the US someday and that “England doesn’t do it for her.” She describes her as “an operator… a fame addict”… who’s “had a series of men.”

“Meghan’s whole life is an act.” Harry? “was desperate to meet someone”… “he’s not the swiftest”… “he’s a prop.” Page 217 calls him “pathetic.”

Also from Her Ladyship’s mouth, which is as tart as her pen: “This person is no more suited to royal life than Angelina Jolie would be to competitive boxing. She has inflated herself beyond natural entitlement. Since she always wanted to be a star, she has this propensity for exaggeration.

“As for Harry, he should have been instructive. This nonsense that she didn’t at first know so much about him… I mean, please. She’d looked him up in books. And she pats him like, ‘good boy.’ She even answers for him.”
https://pagesix.com/2020/06/15/meghan-markle-described-as-a-fame-addict-in-new-royals-book/
Ouchhhh

How has DC been mean?

Catherine should've reined in her staff after Meghan's bridezilla moment and been way more empathetic to a foreigner marrying into one of the most high-profile families in the world. But no, the episode was leaked to the press, again making Meghan look bad. That was a pretty passive aggressive attempt to throw Meghan under the bus, and a crappy thing to do.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member