Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should also be noted that Smoker could access the railroad from his home, without ever crossing a street or highway. I know this area very well.
Interesting that RR tracks are near his home, you can't tell from the Google Earth or Google Maps view. Always extremely helpful to have people in the area to communicate with and learn from. Thanks. I believe The Strausburg RR Line runs through Kinzer, Bird in Hand and Paradise, all around Amish area.

Interesting that RR tracks are near his home, you can't tell from the Google Earth or Google Maps view. Always extremely helpful to have people in the area to communicate with and learn from. Thanks. I believe The Strausburg RR Line runs through Kinzer, Bird in Hand and Paradise, all around Amish area.
The Strausburg Museum is in Ronks and the tourist train is led by a steam engine.

Last edited:
Talking about the railroad and Smokers access to them got me thinking. There is an Asian Church/Retreat very near him that he could access through the fields as well. This Retreat has been closed since COVID. I've been in the hotel/kitchen areas and this would be a place I would search. Many empty beds, nooks and crannies.

My sister and I went to the weekly Prayer and Worship for Linda in Bird in Hand. So many gathered to praise God and together ask for Him to bring His light into this dark situation. That light would fill Lancaster county. We prayed that the Lord would reveal himself to Justo in prison and soften his hardened heart to speak what he knows. Prayer for Linda's family to have peace and rest at night, angels surrounding their home. For the Smoker family as well and the investigators to have wisdom. It really was an amazing uplifting evening praising the God of the heavens and asking for him to answer quickly for closure.

<modsnip: Stating info as fact without MSM to support>

But police indicated today there are other areas of search. They have so much information we don't have. I hope some more information comes forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
In addition to the adoption, this is truly not a story because everyone in these intimate Amish communities are related. It is not uncommon to find birth defects in these communities due to close genealogy. I'm not surprised at all that they were able to find a distant relative of the Smoker family related to a distant relative of the Stoltzfoos family. As law enforcement said in the press conference, there is absolutely no reason (thus far) to believe Smoker knew Linda in any capacity.
That’s why I was wondering why it was being reported to sound like they were blood-relatives without the distinction of the fact that they aren’t related that way. IMO it sensationalizes something that doesn’t need to be sensationalized!

And to be clear I in no way mean adopted children aren’t related to their adoptive families. I’m only speaking as to how this article makes it sound, especially if you’re not really following the case and have no clue JS was adopted.
MOO

It should also be noted that Smoker could access the railroad from his home, without ever crossing a street or highway. I know this area very well.
So he has RR tracks near home, near work and the area where he drove around.
He could easily walk out his door, follow the tracks behind buildings, staying off the roads, to whichever area or building (example-his work) he wanted to go, all undetected.
If the tracks follow along his trail of movements, then yes, I would be looking all along the tracks for her body.
Praying they find Linda soon and bring her home to her family !!!

My sister and I went to the weekly Prayer and Worship for Linda in Bird in Hand. So many gathered to praise God and together ask for Him to bring His light into this dark situation. That light would fill Lancaster county. We prayed that the Lord would reveal himself to Justo in prison and soften his hardened heart to speak what he knows. Prayer for Linda's family to have peace and rest at night, angels surrounding their home. For the Smoker family as well and the investigators to have wisdom. It really was an amazing uplifting evening praising the God of the heavens and asking for him to answer quickly for closure.

<modsnip: Stating info as fact without MSM to support>

But police indicated today there are other areas of search. They have so much information we don't have. I hope some more information comes forward.
Thank you for sharing your experience and the community's prayer service with us.
So glad you could be there for support to Linda's family and friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes there are double railroad tracks to the rear of his home, also double railroad tracks to the rear of his work place (dutchland) and double rail road tracks where they found the bra (shed Place). Very odd, or coincidence.
:eek:
oh WOW !!!
That is quite a coincidence.
I know I use landmarks while driving or traveling.
Perhaps he was keeping along the RR track line, using buildings or landmarks to mark where he is burying items.

I know someone posted a map (not the ones used in the presser today)
but I think one that had JS home, work, abduction site, church and his travel path.
Is there a way to see RR tracks on a map, following his path and places of home, work, stops he made, etc
Just wondering .. I can try to bring up the RR tracks and follow them around the area however, I am not very techy to be able to lay map over the car route map.
I am just curious and probably a lot work to try to do that but I do like having visual maps to follow a perps path when there is still a missing person that needs to be found.

I know someone posted a map (not the ones used in the presser today)
but I think one that had JS home, work, abduction site, church and his travel path.
Is there a way to see RR tracks on a map, following his path and places of home, work, stops he made, etc
Just wondering .. I can try to bring up the RR tracks and follow them around the area however, I am not very techy to be able to lay map over the car route map.
I am just curious and probably a lot work to try to do that but I do like having visual maps to follow a perps path when there is still a missing person that needs to be found.
Try Google maps.

This the million dollar question to me. What was the reasoning for Smoker's activity at Harvest Structures (3104 Harvest Drive)?

Why go all the way east, either towards home, work, or welsh mountains, but then return to a location significantly closer to the abduction two hours later?
Did someone meet up with him to help him? Just me wondering.

His apartment is right next to the main railroad tracks. His place of employment is right next to the main railroad tracks. He disposed of SOME clothing at a business right next to the main railroad tracks. The place of abduction is not that far from the main railroad tracks. What are the odds? He seems to like the railroad tracks.

Try Google maps.

OOh Boy-- am I ever having fun on Google maps..
I have traveled all over the area plus saved about 10 maps with directions and found one that shows Strasburg Rail road named on it but does not show actual tracks around the county.
But I am still working on it LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member