Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is this ditch drain Spartygirl ? The hole looks quite large. Do you know what purpose it serves. I don't know what a ditch drain is or its purpose. I can guess but would rather have someone knowledgeable tell me.
I tried to post a larger picture that showed the building where the clothes were found and he kept returning to and then where the drain pipe is at but WS wouldn't let me save it for some reason so I tried a smaller picture.
Let me see if I can try a larger one again.

<modsnip: Please do not mention private messaging.>

Last edited by a moderator:
I myself have thought the same thing. I saw a post on another site about LE looking for a cabin Smoker was known to frequent. She could well be alive and unable to get away. I pray that the family gets answers soon.

Oh wow, really? Could you send a link about this cabin and where it is? This could be a big lead in this case.

<modsnip: Discussion of rumors is not allowed>
But sometimes the more you completely dispose of a body the more time it takes, in which he completed in a very short time. This doesnt make sense, if he is so confident she can't be found, he could not of had enough time to use fire, dig a hole (was hole dug in the days prior?), or drive on back roads to some cabin UNLESS he had help and met someone, traded the body off to bury or dispose of then realized there was still a few pieces of clothing left in car to hide before he returned home. Which in that case he doesn't feel as much guilt because someone help him or did the finally dirty work, allowing him to return back to work normal. Maybe LE is waiting to either find this really hard hiding place or the person that possibly helped to come forward. As stated above, this is only the worst case scenario, lets hope she is malnourished and maybe just tied somewhere and this all is back to normal tomorrow.
I really hope you’re right and she’s being held somewhere.

Where is this ditch drain Spartygirl ? The hole looks quite large. Do you know what purpose it serves. I don't know what a ditch drain is or its purpose. I can guess but would rather have someone knowledgeable tell me.
Sorry-- ditch drain is at the 3104 Harvest Dr where he was seen peeking in windows, and had returned there a few times and where her bra and stockings were found behind the building.
Her clothes found behind building and this drain runs underground out towards side of building where those little sheds are at.

Sorry-- ditch drain is at the 3104 Harvest Dr where he was seen peeking in windows, and had returned there a few times and where her bra and stockings were found behind the building.
Her clothes found behind building and this drain runs underground out towards side of building where those little sheds are at.
I went by that address via Google Maps boy that area is really really isolated. No wonder he felt comfortable going back there, no other buildings in sight, not many if any cars on the road.

@Saphyrrra

I literally just signed up, but I've been following this blog since the story broke and would like to commend its integrity. I made a PDF screenshot of the circle and timeline because the logistics were driving me nuts. For background, I'm from Lancaster and recently moved back last year. I was raised in another Amish area, but worked at the Steamboat Inn and another hotel in the Bird-in-Hand area for 7 years, and have a deep connection to the very kind community there. I'm a bit of a shady character myself (but with a kind heart) and I am extremely familiar with those roads from smoke breaks at work. This is why the map drives me nuts, it makes no logistical sense. I also agree with other posts that I would love to be permitted to search for Linda, but I also completely understand why LE operates the way that they do.

What is driving me nuts about the logistics? From the beginning, the camera catches him booking a right down Beechdale road from Mill Creek heading south towards Church Road and 340. The next known location is the sighting on Amish Road approximately 30-50 minutes later. I actually don't know the exact timing of the Amish rd sighting, but I remember it was appropriately distanced from abduction to be "en route" to some other location. This is the first thing that hurts my head. Amish Road is a very small "L" shaped road that would indicate he was heading southeast from the abduction. It would make a lot more sense for this sighting to have been on his way to his occupation at Dutchland Inc. than for it to be on his way to the Welsh Mountains. Perhaps he dipped south to Rt 30 to avoid driving through her intimate Amish community (to outsiders we think it's isolated but perhaps they would all immediately recognize Linda) - this would explain why he would be Amish road heading northeast towards Welsh mountains at this sighting. Either way, I personally believe he was on his way to Welsh Mountains or Dutchland Inc. Both provide perfect means for this heinous crime. Dutchland Inc. is a construction company and we know what the mafia has done with that for years. There is actually a perfect way to pull over off on route 41 just past Dutchland, Inc. - there is a break in the guard rail on the right side of the road. He could have pulled over into that construction zone and entered through the backwoods - just a thought. Also important to point out that we know nothing publicly about Welsh mountains other than that is where the searches were heavily focused and it would mirror Evelyn Fisher case - but clearly LE knows a little more and rightfully so. (EDIT: AFFIDAVIT SAID HE WAS HEADING NORTH ON AMISH ROAD - KEEPING THIS INFO UP FOR SPECULATIVE PURPOSES, BUT THAT FACT INDICATES HE WAS GOING TO WELSH MOUNTAINS FROM RT. 30)

The second thing that really hurts my head is the activity at Harvest Structures (the company at 3104 Harvest Drive). I'm such a nut that I actually drove by it yesterday and the corn is so high that you can only see the entrance and the factory, but where Smoker backed into was entirely not visible from the road. Thank goodness the business owner did what he did. But back to logistics, this is the next publicly known location after the Amish Road sighting. He spent a full hour here from 230-330. Why in the world would he not have disposed of everything at the scene? I am not well versed but that makes the most sense to me. Regardless, what the heck was he doing here. And why did his "guilty conscience" (guilty about being caught, not committing the act) bring him back here two nights later when he backed his car up to the railroads. Also, this is where they found her clothing items. This entire Harvest Structure activity is just a mystery to me, unless it was as simple as he forgot to dispose of those clothes and that was just driving him crazy (like a Columbo villain).

I am looking forward to the announcement this afternoon. I hope and pray for closure to this story for the Stoltzfoos family, Bird-in-Hand community, and the Lancaster community in general. If we are permitted, you better believe I will be one of the hounds on Gault Road or Dutchland Inc. this weekend. Thank you to everyone for this blog, it has helped me significantly more than any other source on this case.

KEY FOR THE MAP:
1. Justo Smoker residence (roughly)
2. Abduction (exactly) - 1242PM
3. Amish Road sighting (roughly) 115PM
4. Harvest Structures (3104 Harvest Drive) 230PM-330PM

Top right X: welsh mountains
Bottom right X: Dutchland Inc (where Smoker works)

EDIT: PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS MAP NEEDS TO BE CORRECTED TO SHOW AN ACCURATE RESIDENCE FOR JUSTO SMOKER: IT IS 3250 LINCOLN HIGHWAY AND NOT CHERRY ROAD/LINCOLN HIGHWAY INTERSECTION
:eek:its boggling my mind! Very good description! Thank you.

[bbm]
a few times? I read he returned once
can you link where it says a few times?

It infuriates me how so many MSM tries to diminish a suspect's criminal history. Ugh!

JSs crimes were very serious. That is why he was given many years in prison.

He's not the only suspect by far I've seen where MSM tries to rewrite history on the actual criminal acts suspects have done.

I'd like to know if he has a juvenile record as well. If it goes to trial and he's convicted those records can be unsealed, and revealed to his jury during the sentencing phase.

I know PA hasn't executed anyone, but it's still an option for the DP.

The governor of CA also has stopped executions when he's still in office, but it's still a legal option. 60 percent of voters still want the DP in CA. Only citizens can vote to have it repealed. The Chase Merritt jury just sentenced him to death in CA.

So I I believe when they charge JS with murder the DA will ask for the DP, rightfully so.

While they will talk with the family about the sentencing options I've seen several DAs go with the DP even if the family disagreed.

It truly would only be the appropriate sentence allowed under PA law based on the crimes JS has committed against beautiful innocent Linda.

Jmho

The Amish are completely anti-death penalty so as much as I might agree that they should go for it, I doubt they will out of respect for Linda’s family’s wishes. JMO.

Good morning everyone. Hoping today is the day Linda is found. Just checking in, and catching up. Any more news about the tweet saying items of clothing were also found on the railroad tracks?

Really dumb thought that popped in my head but I’ll throw it out there. Being JS was adopted by a Mennonite family he would have some basic knowledge of the culture, he might know what to say that would entice Linda into his vehicle. The scenario in my head was maybe she’d seen him at the pretzel stand (often/stalking?) enough to be slightly familiar. Maybe even he spoke to others at the stand about being “raised” Mennonite so their/her guard would be lowered a bit?

Then JS waits for an opportunity, maybe figures out where services were that Sunday, and when he saw her walking home, he approached her and said something had happened to a family member of hers or something similar to get her into the car? Under circumstances like that maybe she would get into the car?

Really reaching. Sorry. MOO
This was my first thought as well — that maybe he approached her and said something like... “hey, I really hate to bother you but what is your name?” And when she said “Linda, why?” He was like “ahh thank God it’s you! There’s been an accident involving one of your family members and someone from your church flagged me down and asked me to keep an eye out for you. Come on, I’ll take you to them right now.” Or something along those lines. I can only think of a few things he could’ve said that wouldn’t have caused immediate suspicion. I’m far from naive... but if were still 18 and someone approached me with such a scenario, I’d probably be so panicked and worried that I wouldn’t even question him.

The community search hotline also asked people to be considerate to the Stoltzfoos family and not to ask them any questions or details about the investigation.
“This is extremely stressful during this time and the family is not emotionally strong enough to handle these questions,” the hotline spokesman said in the recorded message.
The community search hotline asked people to continue praying for the Stoltzfoos family and additionally the Smoker family.
Community volunteer searches for missing Amish woman Linda Stoltzfoos conclude; local authorities to coordinate all search efforts
It’s such a shame that they even have to say this! WTH is wrong with people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member