The British Royal Family #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catherine should've reined in her staff after Meghan's bridezilla moment and been way more empathetic to a foreigner marrying into one of the most high-profile families in the world. But no, the episode was leaked to the press, again making Meghan look bad. That was a pretty passive aggressive attempt to throw Meghan under the bus, and a crappy thing to do.

MOO

The article this post seems to be referencing, where this particular conversation started, was a few posts back and dealing with MM behaving poorly (stamping her foot, raising her voice) at Kate's staff. And Kate is supposed to rein her staff in?

I would think someone should rein Markle in.

That first one is such a great dress.

I think Althorpe, the Spencer family estate, has a lot of Diana's clothing. When I was there in 2000 they had her wedding dress (and handmade wedding shoes signed by the cobbler) on display plus a lot of others, but mostly evening wear.

ETA Do I recall correctly that some of Diana's dresses were auctioned for charity years ago?

Maybe I'm thinking of this charity auction of her clothes, before she was killed.

https://www.princessdianaforever.com/the-dresses-auction

I forgot about this. 79 dresses is a lot.

I had money to spare I would purchase Diana's old beret
upload_2020-7-16_21-52-37.png

And her maternity gown from 1984
upload_2020-7-16_21-55-26.png

And this coat that she wore during her first pregnancy.
upload_2020-7-16_21-58-54.png

I wouldn't have anywhere to wear her evening gowns and ball gowns :)

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Harry is the only Royal that has actually has had a job, or risked his safety for anyone else.
Meghan was used to working with professionals not courtier staff. Kate was emotional and jealous, having tantrum about flower girl tights. DM is in a nexus with the Royals and Royal staff, as so much money is to be made selling information about the Royals. For example today's news is all about PCs bathing habits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Beatrice gets married in secret ceremony in Windsor

Princess Beatrice has got married in a secret wedding ceremony attended by the Queen.

The royal - ninth in line to the throne - married Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi in a COVID-secure wedding in All Saints Chapel, Windsor Great Park, this morning.

The Queen and Prince Philip attended the ceremony after the couple's plans for a larger ceremony were scuppered by the coronavirus pandemic.

It is understood around 20 guests were there, include the bride's father Prince Andrew.

Hopefully they release some photos, would really love to see them.

I think it was really smart to do it this way given the circumstances surrounding Andrew, they get a wedding in front of her grandparents and can throw a 2nd one if they want post Covid19 in Italy or somewhere private in the UK. Also the focus will have been on them rather than if people booed Andrew or if Harry and Meghan attended, etc. I'm dying to know what her dress was like and if she wore a tiara etc, hope they release lots of photos

I think it was really smart to do it this way given the circumstances surrounding Andrew, they get a wedding in front of her grandparents and can throw a 2nd one if they want post Covid19 in Italy or somewhere private in the UK. Also the focus will have been on them rather than if people booed Andrew or if Harry and Meghan attended, etc. I'm dying to know what her dress was like and if she wore a tiara etc, hope they release lots of photos

Multiple weddings drive me crazy lol.

Nothing against your opinion. I hope they stick to one and keep their reputation as royals who did it the safe way. :)

And yes to lots of photos!

Jmo

Definitely the best decision the royals have made for some time! Shows appropriate priorities.

Harry is the only Royal that has actually has had a job, or risked his safety for anyone else.
Meghan was used to working with professionals not courtier staff. Kate was emotional and jealous, having tantrum about flower girl tights. DM is in a nexus with the Royals and Royal staff, as so much money is to be made selling information about the Royals. For example today's news is all about PCs bathing habits.
Prince William embarks on final day as a helicopter pilot
HRH William had a job - he was a pilot.

Princess Beatrice gets married in secret ceremony in Windsor

Princess Beatrice has got married in a secret wedding ceremony attended by the Queen.

The royal - ninth in line to the throne - married Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi in a COVID-secure wedding in All Saints Chapel, Windsor Great Park, this morning.

The Queen and Prince Philip attended the ceremony after the couple's plans for a larger ceremony were scuppered by the coronavirus pandemic.

It is understood around 20 guests were there, include the bride's father Prince Andrew.

Hopefully they release some photos, would really love to see them.

Congratulations to Beatrice and Eduardo:):)

I'm thrilled for them and I'm so touched by the lovely intimate, private setting with her grandparents and parents there.

I think this is just fabulous news.

Can't wait to see her dress

They looked very happy.

I forgot about this. 79 dresses is a lot.

I had money to spare I would purchase Diana's old beret
View attachment 255864

And her maternity gown from 1984
View attachment 255865

And this coat that she wore during her first pregnancy.
View attachment 255868

I wouldn't have anywhere to wear her evening gowns and ball gowns :)

I think Princess Diana had a particular talent for "style", encompassing various aspects of that concept: Knowing what looked good on her, an eye for wearing clothing/using accessories in different ways, and being an actual trend setter (such as the headbands she wore several times.) She reminds me very much of Queen Maxima.

Unfortunately, Princess Diana lived in an era of really pouffy sleeves, crazy, globs of makeup, etc. I would have liked to see her style today!

I think Princess Diana had a particular talent for "style", encompassing various aspects of that concept: Knowing what looked good on her, an eye for wearing clothing/using accessories in different ways, and being an actual trend setter (such as the headbands she wore several times.) She reminds me very much of Queen Maxima.

Unfortunately, Princess Diana lived in an era of really pouffy sleeves, crazy, globs of makeup, etc. I would have liked to see her style today!

She evolved from that perky, sweet, clever dressing of the 80"s into a sleek fashion gazelle. I'm sure she would have done elegant-casual so very well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288