Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” July 2018 - Vance Rodriguez#4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adhesions can cause bowel obstructions, which can be fatal. Abdominal Adhesions - Harvard Health

He was NOT diagnosed with an obstruction.

didn’t they say that his bowel WAS obstructed? Or was it impacted? Regardless, I’m sure that if it related to COD it would have been known? But I have no idea...good find!

He was NOT diagnosed with an obstruction or an impaction. He had a full bladder and full bowel. So he was eating and drinking. But not eating enough to survive.

Very interesting podcast! I think finding this Steam account, however small the needle, will be very beneficial. I know several gamers who also share an interest in the coding/development stages of the games. It made me wonder, could one of his nicknames be part of a gamertag? I’m useless when it comes to finding these things, I’m just a part time gamer and know nothing about the inner workings of them. It’s the first thing that came to mind when hearing the gentleman give his thoughts on Denim’s coding.

Kuddos to whomever made the Skreeps connection!

Geez :oops::oops: I should have read the entire urban dictionary definition of gamertag before I linked it in my previous post. My apologies to anyone who did.

I’m sure it’s mostly common knowledge, but it is basically a username of sorts that gamers chose for themselves. Usually visible to other players.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17283/windows-10-mobile-gamertag

Example: M0sT1y_HarmL355

ETA: and it’s Screeps, not Skreeps! :oops::oops:

Last edited:
Geez :oops::oops: I should have read the entire urban dictionary definition of gamertag before I linked it in my previous post. My apologies to anyone who did.

I’m sure it’s mostly common knowledge, but it is basically a username of sorts that gamers chose for themselves. Usually visible to other players.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17283/windows-10-mobile-gamertag

Example: M0sT1y_HarmL355

ETA: and it’s Screeps, not Skreeps! :oops::oops:
Very interesting podcast! I think finding this Steam account, however small the needle, will be very beneficial. I know several gamers who also share an interest in the coding/development stages of the games. It made me wonder, could one of his nicknames be part of a gamertag? I’m useless when it comes to finding these things, I’m just a part time gamer and know nothing about the inner workings of them. It’s the first thing that came to mind when hearing the gentleman give his thoughts on Denim’s coding.

Kuddos to whomever made the Skreeps connection!
It was CCSO. They explained it pretty well in the podcast. They figured out what the code was and then took it from there. Det. Hurm was pretty clear he thinks there is a good shot someone from Screeps/Steam could ID Mostly Harmless.

So close but so far.

Thanks for correcting that. I misread that somewhere...
It is my pet peeve on this case. For some reason people read a lot more into the autopsy report than is there. All it takes is one comment and then everyone has bad information. Impaction/Obstruction is the most common. And I can't remember where I saw it posted, but some person thought he was an alcoholic and had cirrhosis. When cirrhosis was specifically ruled out in the report.

Having said that, I STILL think the autopsy was subpar. Leaving the cause of death undetermined was a mistake. I've now seen the photos. I'm not a ME but I think a cause of death could have been determined. He was so thin he would have been on a refeeding program had someone rescued him.

It is my pet peeve on this case. For some reason people read a lot more into the autopsy report than is there. All it takes is one comment and then everyone has bad information. Impaction/Obstruction is the most common. And I can't remember where I saw it posted, but some person thought he was an alcoholic and had cirrhosis. When cirrhosis was specifically ruled out in the report.

Having said that, I STILL think the autopsy was subpar. Leaving the cause of death undetermined was a mistake. I've now seen the photos. I'm not a ME but I think a cause of death could have been determined. He was so thin he would have been on a refeeding program had someone rescued him.
Where can I view the autopsy report?

It was CCSO. They explained it pretty well in the podcast. They figured out what the code was and then took it from there. Det. Hurm was pretty clear he thinks there is a good shot someone from Screeps/Steam could ID Mostly Harmless.

So close but so far.
Thank you for clarifying! I couldn’t remember where the Screeps connection came from. I’ve read so much and for some reason thought it could have been a WS’s member.

After hearing this latest podcast, I agree. I think he must have or have had a presence on some platform pertaining to this stuff. And apparently Steam is the most likely. You’re right, so close yet still so far.

I’m really anxious to see what Othram is able to accomplish! I certainly have high hopes.

Just thinking this morning it is possible he had an ED. I got so weak I just didn't have the energy to eat or move and just slept a lot of the time (Almost all the time) would explain why he didn't seem to have moved out of his tent much re: Long grass. Why he had food around him but starved to death, why he had urine and waste inside him (Its harder to go as your body just lacks the energy bowel and urine problems are very common in ED) It said he had some meds in his bloodstream. This may have not been anything other than something he had to "Eat" that was within his reach just a few calories to stop the tummy grumbles/pain. It said he had a waterlogged foot, odema is very common in ed , what happens to the fluid in that area when you die, does it re-absorb, stay as it is, or leech out?
Exlains his obsession of calorie counting, not eating more than the crust (Although this is just a snapshot in time, maybe he ate the rest as well after that picture was taken?)
Anorexics and bulimics sometimes swap, you can have both of them.
lastly, Bilemy sounds like how we would pronounce bulimia minus the A. Bil-E-MYA.
Sorry for my ramblings x

I'm excited to share the annotated map/timeline. Tricia asked that I include in my post: this map has been reviewed and approved prior to my sharing it. This wouldn't be possible without the timeline @Gardener1850 put together. Everything included comes from official LE postings and official business postings. Of course, this does not mean everything is 100% accurate!

This has been hand-stitched together in Photoshop from approximately 20 screenshots of maps with MH sightings/interactions marked. After that, I overlaid the trails, then associated photos and annotations were placed on a top layer. Due to the shape of our little blue planet, as well as the dynamic nature of trails, please keep in mind that some marked locations and trails may be a bit skewed.

A final note, some photos and sightings were intentionally excluded due to the inability to verify the sighting location, and/or the photo was not found via an official source. I hope this is helpful. I welcome feedback and have set the map up in a way that we can edit/add to it without too much trouble.

Brilliant I somehow missed this. Did anyone have a photo timeline handy to put next to where he was seen? I am wondering about when he shaved his beard off, did it co-responded with him not being seen on the trail on cameras at a certain point? Did they find scissors and razors although reading this some "Trail angels" stop points provide these.

Since we're all talking so freely about what happened to him, how about addressing the huge gash across his ... either neck or upper clavicle area. Why wasn't that addressed in the autopsy report? Seems strange to me.
Uh, because there was no gash at all? Not even a scratch on his neck or clavicle area. Not a mark at all.

This is how disinformation begins. By writing stuff like this you're sending websluthers on wild goose chases.

Just thinking this morning it is possible he had an ED. I got so weak I just didn't have the energy to eat or move and just slept a lot of the time (Almost all the time) would explain why he didn't seem to have moved out of his tent much re: Long grass. Why he had food around him but starved to death, why he had urine and waste inside him (Its harder to go as your body just lacks the energy bowel and urine problems are very common in ED) It said he had some meds in his bloodstream. This may have not been anything other than something he had to "Eat" that was within his reach just a few calories to stop the tummy grumbles/pain. It said he had a waterlogged foot, odema is very common in ed , what happens to the fluid in that area when you die, does it re-absorb, stay as it is, or leech out?
Exlains his obsession of calorie counting, not eating more than the crust (Although this is just a snapshot in time, maybe he ate the rest as well after that picture was taken?)
Anorexics and bulimics sometimes swap, you can have both of them.
lastly, Bilemy sounds like how we would pronounce bulimia minus the A. Bil-E-MYA.
Sorry for my ramblings x

This has really crossed my mind, a lot.

My biggest problem with bulimia (In particular) is the condition of his teeth.

A bulimic person will usually have severely eroded enamel and (I think in particular) rotting molars because of acid produced when vomiting.

besides the teeth, I have also really thought that Bilemy was very close to bulimia. (Crazy my auto punctuation capitalizes Bilemy)

This has really crossed my mind, a lot.

My biggest problem with bulimia (In particular) is the condition of his teeth.

A bulimic person will usually have severely eroded enamel and (I think in particular) rotting molars because of acid produced when vomiting.

besides the teeth, I have also really thought that Bilemy was very close to bulimia. (Crazy my auto punctuation capitalizes Bilemy)
He seems to have been more anorexic than bulimic. No reports of him vomiting or binging and purging. Plenty of reports of him commenting that he used to be heavier, that he closely monitored caloric density of everything he ate, even one person noted he only ate bites of the crust of a pizza. He was even building an app for monitoring calories while hiking.

He seems to have been more anorexic than bulimic. No reports of him vomiting or binging and purging. Plenty of reports of him commenting that he used to be heavier, that he closely monitored caloric density of everything he ate, even one person noted he only ate bites of the crust of a pizza. He was even building an app for monitoring calories while hiking.

Hi. Been lurking. If one looks at Benadryl Anorexia, the combination could certainly result in death. :(

http://patientsville.com/benadryl/anorexia.htm#.XxGzRojYrdQ

His autopsy was sent to Dr Cyril Wecht, a well known and well respected forensic pathologist. His assessment was that MH died of starvation and suffered. The question remains as to why. I believe he was anorexic because Obsidian said he was obsessed with counting caloric intake and miles traveled. I think he got to that camp weak, and hoped someone might stumble upon him, because he didn't have the reserves to hike any further. MOO

Uh, because there was no gash at all? Not even a scratch on his neck or clavicle area. Not a mark at all.

This is how disinformation begins. By writing stuff like this you're sending websluthers on wild goose chases.
Apparently I see something that you don't, but guess I won't pursue the subject further since it's apparently prohibited.
ETA: I just checked and the file is no longer there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member