Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know, though. She’d just left a gathering where the rest of her immediate family was. And almost any time there’s an emergency here, sirens start up to call the volunteer firefighters for assistance with traffic and/or first aid and/or assistance getting to the victim. I’d sooner think he displayed a weapon, expecting her to be nonresistant.

I had imagined a hybrid of manipulating the Good Samaritan mentality of needing help roadside, and then pulling a weapon once she was within distance to be forced into the car. I can't even type this without feeling terrible - what a monster.

I love trains, and I was so excited when I finally had a son who loved them too! We live in a great area for trains. Here is a map showing the PA tracks and what they are used for:

https://gis.penndot.gov/BPR_PDF_FILES/MAPS/Statewide/parail.pdf
I love trains too Hereshecomes75. While visiting a relative years ago , who lives in Midwest when we heard train whistle blow we drove to tracks and put pennies on them so I could show city kids. lol. There was a total of 53 trains that time.

I don’t know, though. She’d just left a gathering where the rest of her immediate family was. And almost any time there’s an emergency here, sirens start up to call the volunteer firefighters for assistance with traffic and/or first aid and/or assistance getting to the victim. I’d sooner think he displayed a weapon, expecting her to be nonresistant.
Interesting to learn what happens there in case of emergency. Thanks.

Search continues for missing Amish teen Friday morning in East Earl Township

Authorities in conjunction with the volunteer crews (mentioned yesterday by @Divine) are conducting a search detail along Airport Road in Earl Township at 730 this morning.

"Airport road is less than a mile long and connects South Kinzer Avenue to Ranck Road. The search is abut 11 miles northeast of where Stoltzfoos was believed to be abducted."

Airport road is just a couple minutes west of the Welsh Mountains.

I wonder if this is still a construction site and if so, I wonder if the company he worked for was doing work here.خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

I had imagined a hybrid of manipulating the Good Samaritan mentality of needing help roadside, and then pulling a weapon once she was within distance to be forced into the car. I can't even type this without feeling terrible - what a monster.
This has been my thought also.
Praying today is the day that Linda is found !!!!

Interesting to learn what happens there in case of emergency. Thanks.

I just realized (by this comment) that fire companies don’t have the fire Siren/whistles any more. It’s common here and LOUD. It was used to let everyone know to meet at the station. All fire dept here are volunteer (except Lanc city). When the news talks about number of trained volunteers they are most likely referring to fire depts. I know many people in the fire dept who were searching. Different department have different equipment (they all can’t afford everything)

Noteworthy info: Conestoga (and another one I can’t remember) are often called for water searches because they have water equipment/training because of their proximity to the Susquehanna River.

I just realized (by this comment) that fire companies don’t have the fire Siren/whistles any more. It’s common here and LOUD. It was used to let everyone know to meet at the station. All fire dept here are volunteer (except Lanc city). When the news talks about number of trained volunteers they are most likely referring to fire depts. I know many people in the fire dept who were searching. Different department have different equipment (they all can’t afford everything)

Noteworthy info: Conestoga (and another one I can’t remember) are often called for water searches because they have water equipment/training because of their proximity to the Susquehanna River.
I read about the Amish years ago and admired their humble and simple lifestyle but, I have learned so much about this area of PA from this missing young woman; just as you are informing us about fire dept. traditions and areas of expertise. I think this abduction was planned because Linda Stoltzfoos still hasn't been found yet. I find it hard to believe this monster (JS) committed this crime last minute and went undetected for so long. MHO. This had to have been planned.

Last edited:
Did anyone notice the particular LE depts being named in helping with the investigation?
-West Lampeter
-Lanc City (Largest Dept in the county)
-Manheim Twp
-East Hempfield
-Ephrata

My thoughts
•they seem random
•they don’t all border the East Lampeter jurisdiction
• Some are very small LE depts (barely staff to cover their own jurisdiction)
•some are not even close (Hempfield)
•if the focus is on Leacock, Salisbury, Paradise and Strasburg Townships why are they not using The closet LE offices (I realize most of these twps are cover by state LE)

Why were these chosen to help?

The only connection I can see are that these depts are along the RT 30/222 Corridor ... hmmm??? Any thoughts

I love trains too Hereshecomes75. While visiting a relative years ago , who lives in Midwest when we heard train whistle blow we drove to tracks and put pennies on them so I could show city kids. lol. There was a total of 53 trains that time.

LOL - Blast from the Past!!!

We did the same thing. Thanks for that memory.

Hoping and praying (with the rest of You) that Linda is found today!

Did anyone notice the particular LE depts being named in helping with the investigation?
-West Lampeter
-Lanc City (Largest Dept in the county)
-Manheim Twp
-East Hempfield
-Ephrata

My thoughts
•they seem random
•they don’t all border the East Lampeter jurisdiction
• Some are very small LE depts (barely staff to cover their own jurisdiction)
•some are not even close (Hempfield)
•if the focus is on Leacock, Salisbury, Paradise and Strasburg Townships why are they not using The closet LE offices (I realize most of these twps are cover by state LE)

Why were these chosen to help?

The only connection I can see are that these depts are along the RT 30/222 Corridor ... hmmm??? Any thoughts

It's unlikely that Smoker ever ended up close to these jurisdictions in his operation.

It's more likely that they just need more manpower. I cannot speak for West Lampeter or Ephrata; but East Hempfield, Lanc City, and Manheim Township all have a great police force and honestly there ain't nothing going on there (ableit Lanc City gets some interesting crime - but Hempfield and Township is mostly random domestic calls or catching kids smoking weed type of thing). They're very competent forces and it makes a lot of sense to send some support over to Earl Township - I'm guessing they aren't exactly the NYPD. Even I was able to drive over today to Petra church and helped with the Welsh mountain search this morning. I'm guessing they're also just lending additional support. All hands on deck.

(RSBM)

They're very competent forces and it makes a lot of sense to send some support over to Earl Township - I'm guessing they aren't exactly the NYPD. Even I was able to drive over today to Petra church and helped with the Welsh mountain search this morning. I'm guessing they're also just lending additional support. All hands on deck.

Thank you for helping, @crispy1988 -- you know, when *you* help search like that, *everyone* here is going with you, in our hearts, since we all want Linda to be found ASAP, and preferably to be found alive.

Thank you for helping, @crispy1988 -- you know, when *you* help search like that, *everyone* here is going with you, in our hearts, since we all want Linda to be found ASAP, and preferably to be found alive.

Thank you too. I completely agree and can actually feel the way it reinvigorates the desire for all of us to keep searching. It is also very inspiring to see the entire community come together - it is true that the amount of good in the world is significantly more than the amount of evil - it just isn't a sexy story and is often self-contained by its very nature.

I feel tomorrow morning is a prime opportunity to snoop. I can bring more guys with me and the search authorities have basically permitted us to keep looking. We will be waking up bright and early to get started.

The coordinated searches are primarily in Earl Township. Does anyone have any ideas on some unconventional locations to snoop around? Obviously I won't trespass property or step on anybody's toes. I will also check in at the command post (Petra church or Garden Spot firehouse) and ensure any random places chosen will not be impeding any specific investigations.

That being said, what locations would you folks want to search? What locations would you prioritize? Would you go hiking in the Welsh Mountains or take a long walk along the Pequea Amtrak line? I hear it's a good time of year to go hunting behind Harvest Structures...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam