Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to say that we definitely have ONE who from the beginning was extremely hardworking on this case and irreplaceable IMHO. I was involved in the very beginning of this case as were many others. From the “get go” we researched, we dug, we posted and shared. We shared links to court cases in posts that were removed, we found every tidbit that at the time was allowed to be shared on this case.

So, this is my post to say thanks to those of you that shared in that back and forth and a HUGE shout out to @Gardener1850 for her amazing abilities to organize and her sacrificial time. IMHO, her timeline has been used by many and will FOREVER be THE BIGGEST asset to this case.

MOO and all that jazz.

iCourt Portal - Online records & payments for the Idaho courts
CR33-20-0302 | State of Idaho Plaintiff, vs. Lori Norene Vallow Defendant.

Case Number
CR33-20-0302

• 07/17/2020 Pre-trial Conference

Judicial Officer
    Mallard, Michelle Radford

Hearing Time
    10:30 AM

Result
    Hearing Held

Parties Present
    State: State of Idaho

Prosecuting Attorney: Wood, Robert H.

Defendant: Vallow, Lori Norene

Attorney of Record: Means, Mark LeRoy

• 01/25/2021 Jury Trial

Judicial Officer
    Mallard, Michelle Radford

Hearing Time
    9:00 AM

Another question;because I'm always full of questions. LOL

Can the previous court documents in LVD's history be used by the defense or the DA in the current case? Are they admissible? Will the publication of these previous documents harm the case going forward?

Why did MM even bother on the request for the lower bail reduction on the lesser charges? We don't think she has the money or people to get her out and there are surely more charges to come. Seems like a waste of time. I usually assume the lawyer is doing things I don't understand because he has this grand plan that will all tie it together one day but MM isn't that smart. Just seems like a waste of any amount of time he billed her for that - whether prepping or in court. JMO

Why did MM even bother on the request for the lower bail reduction on the lesser charges? We don't think she has the money or people to get her out and there are surely more charges to come. Seems like a waste of time. I usually assume the lawyer is doing things I don't understand because he has this grand plan that will all tie it together one day but MM isn't that smart. Just seems like a waste of any amount of time he billed her for that - whether prepping or in court. JMO
One of our posters, who is a verified attorney, mentioned several pages back that he does this because he's simply doing his job. Yes, it makes no sense since more serious charges have to be coming. She has another $1m in bail still out there and it's highly doubtful any bondsman would put up the funds even if she could make the downpayment. So, in the meantime Mr. Means must do whatever he's legally able to, but that's okay since she will continue to sit. In her mind, only for another five days with 7/22 right around the corner, but in reality she'll be sitting for a long, long time.
MOO.

Last edited:
...Snipped for focus...

I hope everyone is outraged over the issues you mentioned. The findings and revelations contained in these documents is reprehensible and revolting. The manipulation so vile that it alone should have been a crime. It’s unimaginable how poor Tylee even got through it without long term scars.

Lolo should never have been allowed to adopt JJ either. I suppose it was a private adoption because she would never have been favorably vetted had it gone through typical scrutiny. If people aren’t angry and disgusted with the information and stand on principle alone, I say let’s keep our eye on the ball! The non-redacts are not particularly harmful while everything else is extremely insightful. This is a women with a deplorable background and that is a fact.
100%. JMO, but there’s something much deeper here and even more to come from a document stand point. The truth is not pretty. It downright sucks. But to understand the whys and how’s, you have to understand those involved and their history. As always, all JMO.

Thank you @Tortoise for the updated timeline !!
YOU ROCK !!!
Thank you! I've just spent all day reposting it and adding links because I realised there were a ton missing when I looked back over it this morning. I've just finished and I need some fresh air now, after 12 hours in front of my screen. At the moment I feel as if I wouln't mind if I never saw another timeline in my LIFE! :)

Apologies all for the first one which was below standard.

Please read the following message from Tricia:

Dear Everyone,

This will be a quick message.

We need your help as soon as possible to keep Websleuths from going dark.
COVID-19 cut our revenue drastically. We are slowly creeping back up but we are still very short.
I wish I had the money to handle myself but Websleuths is my full time job.

We have two ways to donate
CLICK HERE TO SEND USING WEBSLEUTHS PAYPAL

CLICK HERE TO GET VENMO and the user name on Venmo is Tricia-Griffith-14

Please DO NOT DONATE ONE PENNY unless you can truly afford to do so.

If you have questions please email rather that post here. My email is triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

This is urgent. Any donation is appreciated.

Thank you,
Tricia Griffith
Owner Websleuths.com

Please read the following message from Tricia:

Dear Everyone,

This will be a quick message.

We need your help as soon as possible to keep Websleuths from going dark.
COVID-19 cut our revenue drastically. We are slowly creeping back up but we are still very short.
I wish I had the money to handle myself but Websleuths is my full time job.

We have two ways to donate
CLICK HERE TO SEND USING WEBSLEUTHS PAYPAL

CLICK HERE TO GET VENMO and the user name on Venmo is Tricia-Griffith-14

Please DO NOT DONATE ONE PENNY unless you can truly afford to do so.

If you have questions please email rather that post here. My email is triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

This is urgent. Any donation is appreciated.

Thank you,
Tricia Griffith
Owner Websleuths.com

Thank you! I've just spent all day reposting it and adding links because I realised there were a ton missing when I looked back over it this morning. I've just finished and I need some fresh air now, after 12 hours in front of my screen. At the moment I feel as if I wouln't mind if I never saw another timeline in my LIFE! :)

Apologies all for the first one which was below standard.

No apologies necessary!

I've been refreshing my memory going through it and appreciate that you've caught it up as well as updated some of the earlier entries for information more recently learned. The abbreviations for names list is also great to have handy.

Thank you so much. I'm sure it was MANY hours of work!

No apologies necessary!

I've been refreshing my memory going through it and appreciate that you've caught it up as well as updated some of the earlier entries for information more recently learned. The abbreviations for names list is also great to have handy.

Thank you so much. I'm sure it was MANY hours of work!
Thank you Diddian. It's all sorted now.

New timeline updates now fit for viewing - ID - Joshua Vallow & Tylee Ryan, Rexburg, Sept 2019 TIMELINE ONLY - *NO DISCUSSION*

There is another thing that caught my ear in the conference; when the DA mentioned the cases possibly being combined. How would that play out?

Prosecutor Rob Wood would file a Motion to Consolidate. Here's the relevant snippet from the 7th Judicial District of Idaho rules:

"8. Consolidation of Cases. (1) Motions to consolidate cases shall be heard by the judge assigned to either the lowest numbered or the first filed case. (2) Notice of a motion to consolidate shall be given to all parties in each action involved and a copy shall be filed in each case involved. (3) In the event a motion is granted, the order shall specify the case number under which all future papers shall be filed, which shall be the lowest of the case numbers involved. Thereafter, that number shall be used exclusively for all papers filed only in the designated case file. (4) If a motion to consolidate is granted the case shall be heard by the judge who is assigned to the lowest numbered of the cases involved."

https://isc.idaho.gov/files/CourtRules_Seventh_Judicial_District.pdf

ETA: 1) JMO, IANAL. My Google skills are not sanctioned by the Idaho State Bar or 4 out of 5 dentists :D
2) I will miss Judge Eddins, he was growing on me

Last edited:
If I understand correctly, approximately $15k if she can get a bondsman to secure the full $150k (she will need money/assets to account for the $150k surety bond). They're not going to just pony up $150k if she has $30 to her name in money/assets. That is also just these charges. She'd have to come up with approx. $100k and show $1 million in money/assets if a bondman would even consider helping.

So, by my estimation $115,000 in cash and another $1,035,000 in money/assets assuming she could get someone to even secure all the bonds to get her fully released
So in other words, she’s staying right where she is.

100%. JMO, but there’s something much deeper here and even more to come from a document stand point. The truth is not pretty. It downright sucks. But to understand the whys and how’s, you have to understand those involved and their history. As always, all JMO.
I truly hope that each department (from over the many years) that was involved with this ongoing tragedy, takes a long, hard look at what the hell went wrong - why things weren't followed up, why information wasn't correctly shared to the appropriate departments, why the law didn't step in and remove Lori (as advised), why this was allowed to carry on for so long without one department standing up and saying 'Right, this is ridiculous - we're calling a halt on this NOW!'

It would be a blessing if they ALL learned something from the terrible mistakes that were made here, so it didn't happen again - but sadly, these 'errors of judgements' seem to crop up time and time again - albeit not as gross as this case seems to be evolving into. It's almost like, with the track history we're starting to hear about, that those involved with LDV over the years, were so fed up with the amount of paperwork involved, that they put it all in the 'outbox' tray and left it for someone else, in another department, to deal with. Their failings in not acting on other professionals advice, has cost the lives of 2 beautiful children from growing up, and cutting short the lives of several adults. Truly, truly heartbreaking.

I truly hope that each department (from over the many years) that was involved with this ongoing tragedy, takes a long, hard look at what the hell went wrong - why things weren't followed up, why information wasn't correctly shared to the appropriate departments, why the law didn't step in and remove Lori (as advised), why this was allowed to carry on for so long without one department standing up and saying 'Right, this is ridiculous - we're calling a halt on this NOW!'

It would be a blessing if they ALL learned something from the terrible mistakes that were made here, so it didn't happen again - but sadly, these 'errors of judgements' seem to crop up time and time again - albeit not as gross as this case seems to be evolving into. It's almost like, with the track history we're starting to hear about, that those involved with LDV over the years, were so fed up with the amount of paperwork involved, that they put it all in the 'outbox' tray and left it for someone else, in another department, to deal with. Their failings in not acting on other professionals advice, has cost the lives of 2 beautiful children from growing up, and cutting short the lives of several adults. Truly, truly heartbreaking.

OK, so--I have an unpopular opinion on the way these documents have been shared--but I agree strongly with shining a light on the underlying failures of the system(s). In fact, I'm a little worried that this sort of case is not that unusual. NOT the murder part, to be clear; but the serial failure to protect children from a pattern of parental behavior that is harmful and leads to lots of potential bad outcomes (including in some cases murder). I wonder if we have any social workers here who can comment on this?

My gut feeling is that we have many, many children here in the U.S. who slip through the cracks of family (and criminal) court. It reminds me of pre-9/11 federal law enforcement, where you couldn't count on the fact that federal agencies were sharing information about patterns of behavior they were observing, and often for silly technical reasons, like not having their databases integrated!

If this is a problem, what can we as citizens do to advocate for more law enforcement (and judicial) accountability in protecting children across time, jurisdiction and geography?

Last edited:
OK, so--I have an unpopular opinion on the way these documents have been shared--but I agree strongly with shining a light on the underlying failures of the system(s). In fact, I'm a little worried that this sort of case is not that unusual. NOT the murder part, to be clear; but the serial failure to protect children from a pattern of parental behavior that is harmful and leads to lots of potential bad outcomes (including in some cases murder). I wonder if we have any social workers here who can comment on this?

My gut feeling is that we have many, many children here in the U.S. who slip through the cracks of family (and criminal) court. It reminds me of pre-9/11 federal law enforcement, where you couldn't count on the fact that federal agencies were sharing information about patterns of behavior they were observing for silly reasons, like not having their databases integrated!

If this is a problem, what can we as citizens do to advocate for more law enforcement (and judicial) accountability in protecting children across time, jurisdiction and geography?
BBM
Unfortunately, it’s all to commonplace. Have you read the thread on Gabriel Fernandez? There’s a Netflix series about his case too. Mother and boyfriend in prison but charges against the case workers were just dismissed.
GUILTY - CA - Gabriel Fernandez, 8, tortured to death, Palmdale, 22 May 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member