Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you too. I completely agree and can actually feel the way it reinvigorates the desire for all of us to keep searching. It is also very inspiring to see the entire community come together - it is true that the amount of good in the world is significantly more than the amount of evil - it just isn't a sexy story and is often self-contained by its very nature.

I feel tomorrow morning is a prime opportunity to snoop. I can bring more guys with me and the search authorities have basically permitted us to keep looking. We will be waking up bright and early to get started.

The coordinated searches are primarily in Earl Township. Does anyone have any ideas on some unconventional locations to snoop around? Obviously I won't trespass property or step on anybody's toes. I will also check in at the command post (Petra church or Garden Spot firehouse) and ensure any random places chosen will not be impeding any specific investigations.

That being said, what locations would you folks want to search? What locations would you prioritize? Would you go hiking in the Welsh Mountains or take a long walk along the Pequea Amtrak line? I hear it's a good time of year to go hunting behind Harvest Structures...
Thanks for searching. What about the Asian Church/Retreat/ Hotel in Paradise. It’s been closed since COVID. It’s located behind Smokers house.

I was just looking up Dutchland Inc, and I found a job posted two days ago that sounds like it could be the job JS had.

Precast Laborer
Precast Laborerother related Employment listings - Gap, PA at Geebo

Note that it says the company uses Fair Chance hiring practices, which is for people with convictions. Also it doesn’t absolutely require a high school diploma or GED, so you might have some Amish or exAmish working there. It sounds like a rough job, but they allow for people who want to redeem themselves after some bad times. As someone who volunteers with people trying to climb out of poverty and overcome poor choices, I think that’s commendable in a workplace.

edited to add working link

LOL - Blast from the Past!!!

We did the same thing. Thanks for that memory.

Hoping and praying (with the rest of You) that Linda is found today!
Please come home Linda.
I read about the Amish years ago and admired their humble and simple lifestyle but, I have learned so much about this area of PA from this missing young woman; just as you are informing us about fire dept. traditions and areas of expertise. I think this abduction was planned because Linda Stoltzfoos still hasn't been found yet. I find it hard to believe this monster (JS) committed this crime last minute and went undetected for so long. MHO. This had to have been planned.
Apologies to anyone I might have offended by saying he went undetected for so long. I think LE and the community did an excellent job of finding the suspect, I just wish he had been found sooner. He could have been watching Linda with binoculars or even a telescope lens from a distance and she would not have seen him nor would anyone else.

Thanks for searching. What about the Asian Church/Retreat/ Hotel in Paradise. It’s been closed since COVID. It’s located behind Smokers house.
I would want to check with the proprietors of The Asian Church Retreat Hotel to make sure there been no security breaches and I would check out the RR tracks behind JS apartment building.

I would want to check with the proprietors of The Asian Church Retreat Hotel to make sure there been no security breaches and I would check out the RR tracks behind JS apartment building.
Exactly! Every time that I have been at the Retreat, no one has been present. Perhaps, just walk around and look for a security breach. I know a family that can get you inside.

I was just looking up Dutchland Inc, and I found a job posted two days ago that sounds like it could be the job JS had.

Precast Laborer

Note that it says the company uses Fair Chance hiring practices, which is for people with convictions. Also it doesn’t absolutely require a high school diploma or GED, so you might have some Amish or exAmish working there. It sounds like a rough job, but they allow for people who want to redeem themselves after some bad times. As someone who volunteers with people trying to climb out of poverty and overcome poor choices, I think that’s commendable in a workplace.

I think it's super important to have employers like that too.

And I'm really glad this didn't make them rethink whether they want to hire those type of people.

But.... truth be told, with tough jobs like that, they gotta take who they can get

So with a suspect apprehended and charged, sitting in jail. I suppose lawyers have come between the investigators and the information that they can pull out of JS. So far the fact that JS was caught is fantastic, and of course LE has to remain tight lipped with what information they have from him. I truly wonder what information they managed so far to get out of him, his apartment, his girlfriend, his vehicle, and info from the people that new him. Where is Linda really baffles me at this point. Why wouldnt JS have given up the truth yet? What would be the benefit to not leading investigators to the area of desecration? I hope she wasnt fed to hogs, or dismembered. Honestly I hope she is still alive, as long as she's not being brutalized. With the flies, and wasps making quick work of decay, she must be alive, or hidden, buried, or in a body of water, or completely destroyed somehow.

The searchers today deserve a lot of thanks for their dedication and willingness to serve. It’s HOT!
Exactly! Every time that I have been at the Retreat, no one has been present. Perhaps, just walk around and look for a security breach. I know a family that can get you inside.

Thank you! This is a great place to snoop around. Everything you've said makes perfect sense. I plan on just driving/walking around and looking for anything suspicious. I don't think I will need the family - but I am willing to schedule a time to meet them if you think it's worth taking a stroll through. Hopefully I can simply park in the church parking lot and walk all over the area (including the route to his house).

Did anyone notice the particular LE depts being named in helping with the investigation?
-West Lampeter
-Lanc City (Largest Dept in the county)
-Manheim Twp
-East Hempfield
-Ephrata

My thoughts
•they seem random
•they don’t all border the East Lampeter jurisdiction
• Some are very small LE depts (barely staff to cover their own jurisdiction)
•some are not even close (Hempfield)
•if the focus is on Leacock, Salisbury, Paradise and Strasburg Townships why are they not using The closet LE offices (I realize most of these twps are cover by state LE)

Why were these chosen to help?

The only connection I can see are that these depts are along the RT 30/222 Corridor ... hmmm??? Any thoughts

IMO, most likely provided by ability/availability , from the county mutual aid program.

Thank you for helping, @crispy1988 -- you know, when *you* help search like that, *everyone* here is going with you, in our hearts, since we all want Linda to be found ASAP, and preferably to be found alive.
Yes, Ditto that -- We are all with you in spirit and in our hearts while you are out searching and helping to find Linda.
Did you "hear" anything new regarding the searches, his travel path when he took her, or ..... anything ????
Thank you for taking time to help bring Linda home to her family.

I think it's super important to have employers like that too.

And I'm really glad this didn't make them rethink whether they want to hire those type of people.

But.... truth be told, with tough jobs like that, they gotta take who they can get

I agree, @iFish - it is super important to have employers willing to give a second chance to convicted felons.

I worked as an HR Director for many, many years. I became heavily involved in the National reentry program, and traveled all over the United States (and a little in Canada) training employers. (No, I did not work with Dutchland, Inc.) :)

There definitely are employers who will hire "absolutely anyone", while others refuse to hire felons convicted of violent crimes (armed robbery is one of them). Obviously, the subject is very interesting to me, and I have spent a great deal of time with men and women who have chosen to lead a criminal lifestyle.

I am discussing this information for one specific reason: Justo Smoker. I would like to know the company's hiring policies. I am interested in learning if an in-depth interview with JS (or any other felon) takes place? What was his demeanor like from the time of his interview? Did he exhibit a sense of entitlement? Did he seem genuine about wanting to earn his money, and not forcefully take it from others? Did anything go missing during his employment (either from the company or other employees)? How did he get along with others? Was he confrontational? Did he despise or butt-heads with superiors? Did he exhibit behavior that showed his desire for power and control? OR- was he overly compliant, soft-spoken or shy? Was he silently seething and attempting to cover it up?

ALL of these things ^^^ are indicators a criminal is likely to re-offend. As behavior either escalates, or the employee becomes withdrawn and does not communicate; chances are something bad is about to happen. If we are to stop and think about it- the crime JS committed against Linda was not all that different than armed robbery. Holding someone against their will (while armed), in order to obtain something he wanted (money, or possibly sexual favors). Strong-arming others to inflict terror, and gain control. You know- your average who choses not to change their behavior.

For anyone who may be interested in learning more about the Second Chance Movement:Second Chance Act Grant Program | National Reentry Resource Center

I agree, @iFish - it is super important to have employers willing to give a second chance to convicted felons.

I worked as an HR Director for many, many years. I became heavily involved in the National reentry program, and traveled all over the United States (and a little in Canada) training employers. (No, I did not work with Dutchland, Inc.) :)

There definitely are employers who will hire "absolutely anyone", while others refuse to hire felons convicted of violent crimes (armed robbery is one of them). Obviously, the subject is very interesting to me, and I have spent a great deal of time with men and women who have chosen to lead a criminal lifestyle.

I am discussing this information for one specific reason: Justo Smoker. I would like to know the company's hiring policies. I am interested in learning if an in-depth interview with JS (or any other felon) takes place? What was his demeanor like from the time of his interview? Did he exhibit a sense of entitlement? Did he seem genuine about wanting to earn his money, and not forcefully take it from others? Did anything go missing during his employment (either from the company or other employees)? How did he get along with others? Was he confrontational? Did he despise or butt-heads with superiors? Did he exhibit behavior that showed his desire for power and control? OR- was he overly compliant, soft-spoken or shy? Was he silently seething and attempting to cover it up?

ALL of these things ^^^ are indicators a criminal is likely to re-offend. As behavior either escalates, or the employee becomes withdrawn and does not communicate; chances are something bad is about to happen. If we are to stop and think about it- the crime JS committed against Linda was not all that different than armed robbery. Holding someone against their will (while armed), in order to obtain something he wanted (money, or possibly sexual favors). Strong-arming others to inflict terror, and gain control. You know- your average *** who choses not to change their behavior.

For anyone who may be interested in learning more about the Second Chance Movement:Second Chance Act Grant Program | National Reentry Resource Center

I have been interested in "Re-entry" of the work force for felons as I had a friend years ago who ran an Employment agency and most applicants were felons.
I helped him with payroll and some office duties as a side job and was always curious about how new applicants progressed through the process and was able to witness a few positive outcomes and quite a few negative outcomes. :(

I would imagine that JS would also have a Probation officer ?????
I know where I live, they assign a PO to a new released felon/ parolee so I wonder what his PO would have to say also.
JMO

Precast Laborer

Nothing wrong with giving someone a chance to put the past behind them and a chance to better their station in life. If they screw that up, that's on them not the company.

Please read the following message from Tricia:

Dear Everyone,

This will be a quick message.

We need your help as soon as possible to keep Websleuths from going dark.
COVID-19 cut our revenue drastically. We are slowly creeping back up but we are still very short.
I wish I had the money to handle myself but Websleuths is my full time job.

We have two ways to donate
CLICK HERE TO SEND USING WEBSLEUTHS PAYPAL

CLICK HERE TO GET VENMO and the user name on Venmo is Tricia-Griffith-14

Please DO NOT DONATE ONE PENNY unless you can truly afford to do so.

If you have questions please email rather that post here. My email is triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

This is urgent. Any donation is appreciated.

Thank you,
Tricia Griffith
Owner Websleuths.com

Thank you too. I completely agree and can actually feel the way it reinvigorates the desire for all of us to keep searching. It is also very inspiring to see the entire community come together - it is true that the amount of good in the world is significantly more than the amount of evil - it just isn't a sexy story and is often self-contained by its very nature.

I feel tomorrow morning is a prime opportunity to snoop. I can bring more guys with me and the search authorities have basically permitted us to keep looking. We will be waking up bright and early to get started.

The coordinated searches are primarily in Earl Township. Does anyone have any ideas on some unconventional locations to snoop around? Obviously I won't trespass property or step on anybody's toes. I will also check in at the command post (Petra church or Garden Spot firehouse) and ensure any random places chosen will not be impeding any specific investigations.

That being said, what locations would you folks want to search? What locations would you prioritize? Would you go hiking in the Welsh Mountains or take a long walk along the Pequea Amtrak line? I hear it's a good time of year to go hunting behind Harvest Structures...
Any landfills nearby ? Do they keep records of who uses it and what they brought there ?

Very

ALL of these things ^^^ are indicators a criminal is likely to re-offend. As behavior either escalates, or the employee becomes withdrawn and does not communicate; chances are something bad is about to happen. If we are to stop and think about it- the crime JS committed against Linda was not all that different than armed robbery. Holding someone against their will (while armed), in order to obtain something he wanted (money, or possibly sexual favors). Strong-arming others to inflict terror, and gain control. You know- your average *** who choses not to change their behavior.

interesting IMO. Thank you

New Holland Resovior near todays search
And
The quarry ponds on the other side of welsh mountain....there are two pond to the right of quarry when entering...
Is this where his employment buys gravel?

So with a suspect apprehended and charged, sitting in jail. I suppose lawyers have come between the investigators and the information that they can pull out of JS. So far the fact that JS was caught is fantastic, and of course LE has to remain tight lipped with what information they have from him. I truly wonder what information they managed so far to get out of him, his apartment, his girlfriend, his vehicle, and info from the people that new him. Where is Linda really baffles me at this point. Why wouldnt JS have given up the truth yet? What would be the benefit to not leading investigators to the area of desecration? I hope she wasnt fed to hogs, or dismembered. Honestly I hope she is still alive, as long as she's not being brutalized. With the flies, and wasps making quick work of decay, she must be alive, or hidden, buried, or in a body of water, or completely destroyed somehow.
He might be holding out per advice from his lawyer to see if they are going to add more serious charges or more charges in general thereby positioning himself to exchange info for a better deal. We have to wait for court appearance on July 21st for that correct ? It seems so so far away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes