CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately I think CW is thriving in prison. I suspect that he is his most comfortable right now. He has put on a new mask (pretending he has been saved) and is chugging along probably feeling like he's better than the rest already because he claimed the ole JC.

A thousand times this. Sadly I think he is thriving in prison too. Pardon the pun. He doesn't have to make any decisions (no longer needs a mom or wife to make them for him) He doesn't have to worry about money. His life is regimented just like he prefers. He will probably take up weight lifting like so many do and obsess over it. He will keep pretending to be saved to save face for his family. That way he can keep saying the devil made him do it. No real accountability. His family will continue to enable him. Its the perfect life for him. I wish he had gotten the death penalty.

IMO he will never tell the real story of what happened. He is still lying to this day.

A thousand times this. Sadly I think he is thriving in prison too. Pardon the pun. He doesn't have to make any decisions (no longer needs a mom or wife to make them for him) He doesn't have to worry about money. His life is regimented just like he prefers. He will probably take up weight lifting like so many do and obsess over it. He will keep pretending to be saved to save face for his family. That way he can keep saying the devil made him do it. No real accountability. His family will continue to enable him. Its the perfect life for him. I wish he had gotten the death penalty.

IMO he will never tell the real story of what happened. He is still lying to this day.

I haven't posted for a while on this forum, but I still read it. I also think he is thriving in prison. Agree with everything you said, including he will never tell the real story of what happened.

Also wish he would have gotten the death penalty. I'd be fine with him rotting on death row. I know that the DA handled this with much respect and compassion for what Shannan's family wanted, and I respect that, but I don't think he has one ounce of remorse in him. Not even a little bit. JMO

I watched a YT documentary last night and had to fast forward the bit with Ma Watts spouting her bile...the malevolence and spite comes off that woman in waves (IMO etc.).
I think she and Ronnie will never accept CW is a murderer, it’ll always be someone else’s fault. I also find their apparent lack of grief over the callous murders of Bella, Celeste and Nico - I find that truly chilling.

I give you credit for getting through that. I cannot watch Ma or Pa. Their son has admitted he murdered his family - at least twice. I really don't think that matters to Ma. Not sure about Pa. For Ma, my impression has been that he is HER son and he is entitled. He's perfect. When Ma got her opportunity to speak before he was sentenced, she said she "hated what happened". To me, she hates that he has to pay consequences, and I wouldn't be surprised if she blames Shannan for that.

All JMO

Does anyone have a source for the Wisconsin prison? I read elsewhere that the *** had been moved back to CO.
I'm not sure your source or the date you read that CW was moved back to Co but I'd have to say that it's not likely true. If CW was in Co, I'm sure this would have already been leaked -- just as it was leaked that he was in WI! MOO

I watched a YT documentary last night and had to fast forward the bit with Ma Watts spouting her bile...the malevolence and spite comes off that woman in waves (IMO etc.).
I think she and Ronnie will never accept CW is a murderer, it’ll always be someone else’s fault. I also find their apparent lack of grief over the callous murders of Bella, Celeste and Nico - I find that truly chilling.
You should have listened to all of it. So sad.

I'm not sure your source or the date you read that CW was moved back to Co but I'd have to say that it's not likely true. If CW was in Co, I'm sure this would have already been leaked -- just as it was leaked that he was in WI! MOO
@Seattle1 I agree with your thoughts. This came from a FB page and felt that it was speculation. He should be in HELL.

Killers Chris Watts and Jayme Closs kidnapper Jake Patterson are prison friends, read Bible passages together: Report

The killers reportedly became such good friends that Watts helped Patterson calm his hot temper while reading Bible passages to him at night. The pair reportedly discussed and dissected the passages afterward.
There are other sources which dispute this account, stating that Patterson is in New Mexico, and that they were never housed together. I don't know which to believe. But I do believe he writes smarmy things for Cindy to read over the graves of the children he murdered, and I believe this not because he's Oh so sorry, rather because he knows it is a perfect way to hurt the Rzuceks.

There are other sources which dispute this account, stating that Patterson is in New Mexico, and that they were never housed together. I don't know which to believe. But I do believe he writes smarmy things for Cindy to read over the graves of the children he murdered, and I believe this not because he's Oh so sorry, rather because he knows it is a perfect way to hurt the Rzuceks.

Reportedly, JP was not moved from WI until mid July 2019 after he was deemed a security risk there. JP and CW would have been housed in the same unit as multi-murderers. Not that the transfer benefitted JP as he was also cited for fighting an inmate in NM last October. Personally, I don't believe JP will survive incarceration too many years. MOO

An employee of the New Mexico Corrections Department confirmed Wednesday that Jake Patterson, 22, was transferred to one of its prisons from Dodge Correctional Institution in Waupun. The employee could not say which one.

Jake Patterson, Jayme Closs kidnapper, taken to New Mexico prison

Jayme Closs kidnapper Jake Patterson fought New Mexico inmate

Reportedly, JP was not moved from WI until mid July 2019 after he was deemed a security risk there. JP and CW would have been housed in the same unit as multi-murderers. Not that the transfer benefitted JP as he was also cited for fighting an inmate in NM last October. Personally, I don't believe JP will survive incarceration too many years. MOO

An employee of the New Mexico Corrections Department confirmed Wednesday that Jake Patterson, 22, was transferred to one of its prisons from Dodge Correctional Institution in Waupun. The employee could not say which one.

Jake Patterson, Jayme Closs kidnapper, taken to New Mexico prison

Jayme Closs kidnapper Jake Patterson fought New Mexico inmate
I can't link to the YT site that has extensively looked into this. But it seems that they were not in the same group, or pod, whatever it is called in Dodge. Adjacent groups but not the same. And, apparently they are not on each other's call lists. Anyway I looked at the book description on Amazon where this information came from, the book seems to go over all the aspects of the case we on this forum are very familiar with. I wouldn't be too surprised if CW was spinning a bit of a tale that reached the author through Cindy Watts. and that Mrs. Watts thought it made him look good. I don't see any indication in the book description that the author had access to CW. So, where DID he get those stories which paint CW in a sympathetic light?

Last edited:
I can't link to the YT site that has extensively looked into this. But it seems that they were not in the same group, or pod, whatever it is called in Dodge. Adjacent groups but not the same. And, apparently they are not on each other's call lists. Anyway I looked at the book description on Amazon where this information came from, the book seems to go over all the aspects of the case we on this forum are very familiar with. I wouldn't be too surprised if CW was spinning a bit of a tale that reached the author through Cindy Watts. and that Mrs. Watts thought it made him look good. I don't see any indication in the book description that the author had access to CW. So, where DID he get those stories which paint CW in a sympathetic light?

May I ask what the name of the book is, please? Thank you.

I wouldn't expect inmates to be on each other's "call lists" as I think it's long understood that inmates that are not immediate family are prohibited from corresponding or communicating with other inmates housed in other prisons.

I also do not put anything past mother Watts trying to spin Watts prison image but I do believe that it's possible Watts and Patterson could have had an opportunity to meet during bible study.

I don't think bible study or religious services would be withheld from maximum security inmates and doubt there are private sessions or multiple days to choose from for bible study. However, if Watts and Patterson were ever acquainted, I believe it was short-lived as Patterson was transferred by July 2019 -- giving him only about 5-6 weeks in DCIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74