FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020

Did they know their attackers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe someone was just pissed that his fishing spot was being invaded.
Possible, but I think it is a less likely motive.

The area seems large and uncrowded, thus less chance of a "You are too close to me! No, actually you are too close to me!" type argument.

The factor in that the area is in rural, inland Florida with plenty of lakes and low access overhead costs. This is unlike say, the premier trout fly fishing stream in Montana or a premier Florida salt water sport fishing site.

Such streams in Montana and off shore sites might feature people who spent large amounts of money and time to go fishing there. Thus, they could be more prone to be hypersensitive towards people "spoiling" the experience, those not following unwritten and fuzzy etiquette expectations or having a deep dislike of say, wealthy out of staters "taking over" fishing sites from locals etc.

But... I imagine that if other motives do not yield results, the sheriff will investigate for signs of a "build up". These signs could be an individual or family claiming the area and patrolling for "trespassers", harassing other fishermen, cars at fishing spots being vandalized etc.

Last edited:
Its important to note and we can think clearly on line but when the event is happening it will be a completely different story when we are in the ring.....

On that note there is a new initiative to teach and train individuals to handle open wounds. Like CPR
this initiative wants to teach the community wounds care. Open addressing wounds is just as important as CPR.

Check it out.

I can’t imagine a Dad not taking his dying son with him to call for help.

It's entirely possible that the father's actions in that situation were not logical. But leaving his critically injured and helpless son lying in the dark crime scene, not knowing where the attackers were, seems so unlikely it suggests the son was not alive when the father arrived. It makes me consider that the sheriff wants the perpetrators to believe a victim lived long enough to provide information critical to identifying them.

The sheriff 's hedge about one or more assailants suggests the son was not alive or was unable to communicate when his father arrived also. If the son could speak, the sheriff would have definitive information. The father would have been asking what happened when he discovered his son injured and his friends dead. If his son was able to speak, he'd have said the name(s) of the attackers if he recognized him/them. If it was a random attack, the pronouns would indicate whether they'd been attacked by one person or more than one.

All my opinion only.

Newspaper comment section is shut down but the article instead links reader to comments posted on the Ledger's official fb page. Here's the direct link.
See comments about 5 hours ago.

The Ledger

I don’t have FB so I can’t see the comments but I notice the article says they suspect it was more than one perpetrator.

I’m wanting to agree. I’m just finding it hard to believe that this is random. I know people “do things” in these isolated spots but this smells more like an ambush to me.

I have to agree with ambush.

The suspect(s) were armed and road rage or fishing spot dispute could have been settled with a bullet. The Sheriff described the scene as a massacre -- the worst he's ever seen. Sheriff Judd wanted the public to know the victims were severely beaten and shot.

IMO, the attacker(s) making a statement, and sending a message.

I don’t have FB so I can’t see the comments but I notice the article says they suspect it was more than one perpetrator.
I do not have FB either but you can view public pages such as the news sites and Polk County Sherriff without logging in. (An alleged BR family member posted a comment and shared a screenshot at the Ledger.

I have to agree with ambush.

The suspect(s) were armed and road rage or fishing spot dispute could have been settled with a bullet. The Sheriff described the scene as a massacre -- the worst he's ever seen. Sheriff Judd wanted the public to know the victims were severely beaten and shot.

IMO, the attacker(s) making a statement, and sending a message.
It would have to be more than one person doing the beating and shooting unless if the first victim was beat and dead before the other two friends arrived and then the last two were shot as soon as they arrived.

Road Rage moves to the top of the list......

Suspected scenario based on image.

Light Bar on....High intensity as we can see it on in broad daylight in a photo.
Damion Tillman (Red truck) passenger from tire shows wet red clay from edge of road. Meaning he moved over to far right.
Brandon and Kevin (White Truck) parallel to Red truck indicates that the suspects vehicle was further ahead behind red truck
Verbal altercation leads to parties exiting vehicles staggering the initial vehicles position.

Escalation

Suspect(s) physical altercation escalated to shooting.
Suspect(s) anticipating possible CCW in white truck.

Suspect Profile
Makes suspect(s) felon or another CCW.
Ballistics will narrow search....

IMG_20200718_103616.jpg

Listen to dads comment 2:48. Dad hears arguing in back ground.
This means that call to dad was made before the shooting.

Thank you for posting this! It’s full of information.

First thing I noticed was that the scene of the crime is a (rather wide) unpaved road, out in the open. For some reason, I was expecting it to be deep in a wooded area on the shores of the lake.

Secondly, the trucks are parked by a road sign. It makes me wonder if that was a meeting place marker. MOO

Thirdly, Brandon’s mother said they fished every night. Seems to me, MOO, they had a kind of routine and someone would know where to find them. If they fished every night, does that mean they were home asleep during the day?

setup/drug deal gone bad?
No fishing.
and, not all best friends.

Meth/drugs/illicit $ are definite possible variables.
Rollins and Springfield have extensive arrest records.
Armed assault and violent crimes for the former going back to 18 yo; meth for the latter
<modsnip>
No record for Tillman -- innocent victim?
Why was (the younger) Tillman there first, and alone in his truck, only later to have Rollins' truck roll up when something was going down?
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Armed assault and violent crimes for the former going back to 18 yo; meth for the latter, <modsnip>
Why was Tillman there first, and alone in his truck, only later to have Rollins' truck roll up when something was going down?
<modsnip>

This is interesting since it’s probable that, with records that extensive, they know some folks who run in bad circles. <modsnip>

Armed assault and violent crimes for the former going back to 18 yo;
< modsnip>
Why was Tillman there first, and alone in his truck, only later to have Rollins' truck roll up when something was going down?
<modsnip>

Tillman was also the youngest of the 3. I don’t know how long they were friends but I don’t think it had been number of years for Tillman with the other two just from the age imo.

It sounds like Tillman may have gotten in with the wrong kind of crowd. And someone wanted him dead because he was an easier target ? Or to send some sort of message ?

Road Rage moves to the top of the list......

Suspected scenario based on image.

Light Bar on....High intensity as we can see it on in broad daylight in a photo.
Damion Tillman (Red truck) passenger from tire shows wet red clay from edge of road. Meaning he moved over to far right.
Brandon and Kevin (White Truck) parallel to Red truck indicates that the suspects vehicle was further ahead behind red truck
Verbal altercation leads to parties exiting vehicles staggering the initial vehicles position.

Escalation

Suspect(s) physical altercation escalated to shooting.
Suspect(s) anticipating possible CCW in white truck.

Suspect Profile
Makes suspect(s) felon or another CCW.
Ballistics will narrow search....

IMG_20200718_103616.jpg

Listen to dads comment 2:48. Dad hears arguing in back ground.
This means that call to dad was made before the shooting.

I'm not sure whether I can agree that the call to the father was before the shooting started. He said he heard 'fussing'. That could mean a number of things, arguing with the victims, the sounds of physical violence, perps arguing amongst themselves, screams, crying or moaning, and perhaps gunshots. Any one of those things would be very alarming when your son has just called with a one word message, help.

<modsnip: rumor>

The sheriff's office will be investigating all possibilities.

With all due respect... if one of the deceased had a criminal record could that person have been targeted and the others were sadly collateral damage ?

I just want the killers to be nabbed at this time !

You don't have the right to take the law into your own hands....if that's what the killers thought.
(I'm under the assumption that there are more than just one perp.)

<modsnip>
Why was (the younger) Tillman there first, and alone in his truck, only later to have Rollins' truck roll up when something was going down?
<modsnip>
They were beaten and shot. No matter their past arrest records. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member