FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020

Did they know their attackers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damion’s phone may well have had a passcode, which his father did not know.

It’s time to nip this “dad/phone” issue in the bud once and for all.

It is all but certain that Brandon made his emergency call during the actual alteration and NOT after the suspects left.
Had Brandon been left with his phone then he himself could’ve made more emergency calls during that 10-15 minutes he was hanging on to life.
At minimum he could’ve called 911 himself after calling his father.

Whether his phone was taken or destroyed we don’t know, but we can be practically positive that neither he nor his father has access to that phone after the attack.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @Seattle1 , that sheriff seems like an honest guy seeking justice. His comment about the victims race seemed to be just a matter of facts.
Sheriff Grady Judd is one dedicated law enforcement officer. He will stay on this until arrests are made. Check him out on Youtube. He had quite the message for would be looters during the recent protests.

So i don't fish... Here in Colorado it seems that people go early in AM or in the earlier evening. Is fishing at night common?

Got to remember if you live way out in the sticks then there are things people do for entertainment that might seem odd to city folk. It is unlikely that clubs are prevalent in that town.

My initial thought was that they inadvertently drove up on some kind of drug deal going on. Wrong place, wrong time. The place seems pretty isolated making it a great place to fish for catfish at 10pm but also makes it a great place for criminal activity like drug drops or drug deals. To me, it seems unlikely they were targeted. They would have had to tell somebody their plans and it would have had to have been passed along repeatedly till somebody who wanted them dead heard about it and ran out to kill them.
I still think they stumbled onto some criminal activity, possibly a drug deal. Just my thoughts.

My initial thought was that they inadvertently drove up on some kind of drug deal going on. Wrong place, wrong time. The place seems pretty isolated making it a great place to fish for catfish at 10pm but also makes it a great place for criminal activity like drug drops or drug deals. To me, it seems unlikely they were targeted. They would have had to tell somebody their plans and it would have had to have been passed along repeatedly till somebody who wanted them dead heard about it and ran out to kill them.
I still think they stumbled onto some criminal activity, possibly a drug deal. Just my thoughts.

One of the reports says Tillman had gotten there first and had been fishing. It just makes me think this was intentional murder.

Who knew about their plans to go fishing? Were all 3 guys married-in relationships? Could there have been a love triangle/situation gone bad?
Did they stop off anywhere on the way for bait, etc? Cameras often tell stories, esp in these cases, I’m sure LE is retracing their last steps. MOO

It’s time to nip this “dad/phone” issue in the bud once and for all.

It is all but certain that Brandon made his emergency call during the actual alteration and NOT after the suspects left.
Had Brandon been left with his phone then he himself could’ve made more emergency calls during that 10-15 minutes he was hanging on to life.
At minimum he could’ve called 911 himself after calling his father.

Whether his phone was taken or destroyed we don’t know, but we can be practically positive that neither he nor his father has access to that phone after the attack.

*On a separate note, the idea that the father could possibly be lying about conversing with his dying son at the scene (in an effort to play mind games with the suspects) is beyond absurd.

It's funny how people can't just accept a story as it is, they always think someone is lying and that it didn't happen that way. This is the guy's father and anybody who would think he is some way wrapped up in this well let me tell you that is an incredible stretch.

Inobu, can you please explain what you mean about the headlights on the white truck? My knowledge of cars is limited to a few general categories and color. I think you are referencing special lights like spotlights mounted on top of the cab, like in the Ahmaud Arbery killing. But I don't see them in the photo of the white truck. Can you be more specific about what you see and why it is important? Thank you!

In the image the red and white trucks are left as the investigation found them.
The Red truck facing south and the white truck facing north.

You can see the Red Trucks off road lights are in the center of the bumper and they are on.

If the White trucks lights were found off then it would indicate the white truck was easing up to the incident. You cannot drive fast
in the dark. Remember they were in the dark so.... think dark.

If the white trucks lights were on then it would have came up at normal speed. This would have alerted the suspects.

The white truck is in front of the small black pickup.
The red clay on the red trucks front passengers tire show it pulled over and it is packed with clay the other tires are not.

Each of the factors I'm pointing out is the effects of a cause.

IMG_20200718_103616.jpg

Last edited:
Got to remember if you live way out in the sticks then there are things people do for entertainment that might seem odd to city folk. It is unlikely that clubs are prevalent in that town.
Night fishing is not uncommon at all. Usually you use a light to attract insects which in turn attracts fish. At least that’s the way it’s done in some cases. Also usually fun to hang out, talk, drink, and in general have a good time while catching fish.

Night fishing is not uncommon at all. Usually you use a light to attract insects which in turn attracts fish. At least that’s the way it’s done in some cases. Also usually fun to hang out, talk, drink, and in general have a good time while catching fish.

Agree, I grew up in a riverside town and we went all the time to places much like we are talking here.

In the image the red and white trucks are left as the investigation found them.
The Red truck facing south and the white truck facing north.

You can see the Red Trucks off road lights are in the center of the bumper and they are on.

If the White trucks lights were found off then it would indicate the white truck was easing up to the incident. You cannot drive fast
in the dark. Remember they were in the dark so.... think dark.

If the white trucks lights were on then it would have came up at normal speed. This would have alerted the suspects.

The white truck is in front of the small black pickup.
The red clay on the red trucks front passengers tire show it pulled over and it is packed with clay the other tires are not.

Each of the factors I'm pointing out is the effects of a cause.

IMG_20200718_103616.jpg
Thank you for explaining, Inobu! I understand the implications of your observations now. It helps put other things into context for me.

So this could be part of an ongoing matter. I mentioned above about 2nd guessing my first thoughts which were in line with this. I was thinking that if one of these people were the intended victim, would someone have chanced the other two? I’m sure the LE is talking to this husband and associates about now.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed> the fact that Tillman was badly beaten up as well as being shot. This was personal imo.
Not sure the reason why the other two were beaten before being shot, or maybe they weren't. Or the perps were so full of adrenaline that they continued with their violence towards the others as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone seen a picture from the other direction? I don't see any bullet holes in the front of the red truck. The 2nd and 3rd victims could have been shot at before they even had a chance to get out of the truck. The phone call to his Dad could have been made at that time, without the shooter even knowing the call happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305