MO MO - Echo Michelle Lloyd, 47, no bank & cellphone activity, Edwards, Benton Co, 10 May 2020

I believe this is Echo's Linked In page.
Housewife at Home, Grain Valley, MO (another Kansas City suburb)
Check out the picture of the dogs. Isn't the gray one the same dog in her FB page, but at a younger age?
Did Echo have any of her pets living with her?
https://www.linkedin.com/in/echo-lloyd-1b10b412a
That dog looks much more brown. Looks about the same size, possibly the same breed. The pic on FB was very defo grey, though. I'm guessing two different dogs.

Not known. Daughter climbed in a back window that was unlocked. Her daughter didn't have a house key for her mother's house.

Daughter had dropped by her house on Mother's Day, but mom wasn't home. She left a gift and card on the front porch. IIRC, she spoke to her by phone that day, but her mom didn't pick up the phone when daughter called numerous times the rest of the week. At week's end, daughter went to mom's house and found things as noted in above posts. All of her things were there, car was there, but mom was missing. House was locked up.

Only unusual thing was the mom's gun was found outside the house.

Also, I think on Mother's Day or next day, the mom was seen on camera at the Dollar Store in Climax Springs. Also found a receipt in her mom's home showing her mom had shopped at another store the day of or after Mother's day.
Glad LE got camera feed of her at store. Someone may have followed her home from store?mmoo

Do we know when Echo moved from Pleasant Hill, MO (Kansas City suburb) to Climax Springs, MO (middle of nowhere, IMO)?

From the video, her daughter did state she was looking for a fresh start in the middle of no where. She had been there about a year. She’d raised her kids and I do think she definitely had some past relationships with men that were not kosher. Her daughter did mention she suffered from a sexual assault I believe nine years ago (according to Gray’s interview).

I think the whole who was she dating or recently dating could be something people need to look into as well. I did notice that LE shut down the family after her daughter posted the emotional video and as far as we know nothing else has came from it.

Last edited:
From the video, her daughter did state she was looking for a fresh start in the middle of no where. She had been there about a year. She’d raised her kids and I do think she definitely had some past relationships with men that were not kosher. Her daughter did mention she suffered from a sexual assault I believe nine years ago (according to Gray’s interview).

I think the whole who was she dating or recently dating could be something people need to look into as well. I did notice that LE shut down the family after her daughter posted the emotional video and as far as we know nothing else has came from it.

It's unfortunate her phone is not available in order to easily track down individuals who she was in contact with before her disappearance.

Something that hit me while doing a quick catch up is that everything seems to point to echo getting out of bed with her gun. If so, the door being locked could mean whoever took her didn’t want something stolen out of her house. I’m sure LE is all over it if there was a recent love interest, especially live in. Might be why we're not hearing more. Someone in the sights. My opinion only, just a thought, etc.

It's unfortunate her phone is not available in order to easily track down individuals who she was in contact with before her disappearance.

They could use cell towers in the area to do pings on her or people close to the place. Or look at tire prints in the drive-way.

I forget, but did they ever use dogs to search the property for her? She’s got all this wooden land around her. She could have been taken, but she also could’ve been led off in the woods where bad stuff happened. It definitely is easier than trying to travel with a hostage, decreases DNA evidence, etc. I wonder how hard they’ve looked for her on the property or land around her or if they’ve even looked. She has to be more than a missing person case given the evidence that she didn’t leave all her important belongings behind.

Last edited:
They could use cell towers in the area to do pings on her or people close to the place. Or look at tire prints in the drive-way.

I forget, but did they ever use dogs to search the property for her? She’s got all this wooden land around her. She could have been taken, but she also could’ve been led off in the woods where bad stuff happened. It definitely is easier than trying to travel with a hostage, decreases DNA evidence, etc. I wonder how hard they’ve looked for her on the property or land around her or if they’ve even looked. She has to be more than a missing person case given the evidence that she didn’t leave all her important belongings behind.
As I recall the daughter said they refused to bring in dogs as they didn't think she was on the property...odd I know.

Some interesting/informative comments on the case from locals on the Benton Co sheriffs FB page. I'm not mentioning anyone's specific comment. So I hope that source is ok to mention

Last edited:
This case is strange to me. There has to be more information with LE, because they are thinking she is not on the property anymore. I don't understand why they didn't bring dogs. They could at least maybe pick up a scent.

The most likely scenario in my eyes is that she was still in bed and heard something going on. She got out of bed with her gun and got overpowered outside the house and she dropped her gun. However i think it's someone she knew, because of the house being locked. Since here keys were still at home, i think it has to be someone who also had keys and locked the house up. No belongings were missing, i don't think there was a sign of struggling. So whatever happened, happened outside. And someone took her. All my own opinion.

I asked the family on their Missing Echo Lloyd FB page why police wouldn't search with the dogs, asked how they could be so positive she wasn't in those woods, and they told me the police are working on many leads and that's all they can say at this time.

starts at about 5:00.

GH plays a video from Kelsey Smith (EL's daughter) within this video. Here is my attempt at capturing the main timeline points according to KS.
1. KS talked to her mom, EL, on the phone on May 9th (the Saturday before the 15th)
2. EL's friends saw EL on May 9th
3. KS could not contact EL on May 10th; cell phone and home phone went straight to VM
4. KS visited EL's residence on Friday, May 15th, where she found:
_____a) the home was locked
_____b) the car in the driveway
_____c) EL's wallet was in the home with cash inside
_____d) EL's gun was found outside the home, no further details on this
5. Sheriff's Office, FD, etc. searched EL's property "behind her home" on Saturday, May 16th
_____a) after the search, it was decided EL wasn't on the property so a planned K9 search was canceled

KS starts at about 10:30 in the GH video linked by swedeheart above.

Main points from GH's interview with KS (EL's daughter):
1) There was a WalMart receipt in EL's house dated May 10th, presumably a purchase made by EL
2) There was a reported sighting of EL at Dollar General on May 10th
3) EL was not currently in a relationship, is separated from KS's father [IMO all KS is eldest of four all from the same father]
_____a) two of EL's kids presently live with their father who is EL's estranged husband
4) Had recently moved to the property (house + 10 acres) where she is missing from
_____a) abutting properties are larger acreage (IMO how did they coordinate a search on May 16th when there is just so much acreage?)
5) EL "dealt with" depression and anxiety, which may or may not (unclear from the interview) be medically diagnosed and may or may not be treated by medication
6) EL was known to have a gun and CC permit
7) There is some confusion about the Dollar General location where EL was see on May 10th. I'm not going to speak to that point because I think the answer is made clear elsewhere.
8) On May 15th when KS went into the home she found EL's purse, wallet, cash, ID, cigarettes
9) EL is without her medications
10) Contacted Sheriff on May 15th
11) EL's phone was off the whole week from May 10th to May 15th
12) Sheriff found EL's phone, presumably in the house, and KS reports they are applying digital forensics on the phone
_____a) KS says that she DID NOT see the phone herself

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back