Recovered/Located NC- William Maloney, 37, Elizabeth City/Kill Devil Hills, 13 July 2020

He looks familiar to me. Is he from KDH or somewhere else? Was he on vacation?
I used to spend a lot of time in that area. And I have a near eidetic memory, especially of faces and auditory processing.

He looks familiar to me. Is he from KDH or somewhere else? Was he on vacation?
I used to spend a lot of time in that area. And I have a near eidetic memory, especially of faces and auditory processing.

Just by reading the various articles, I assume he is from Elizabeth City NC.
I’m not familiar with the area at all. Is Kill Devil Hills a community/town itself or is it a specific area within Elizabeth City?

Have you heard of Nags Head?

On Monday, July 20, 2020, William Maloney was reported missing. Maloney was last seen on July 13, 2020 around 10:30 pm in the 1100 block of S. Croatan Hwy, Kill Devil Hills, NC.

Elizabeth City Police Department

comments include Nags Head
Nags Head is just south of KDH by like 5/6-ish miles. Elizabeth City is at least an hour away from KDH, and that doesn’t include tourist OBX traffic from summer rentals! MOO.

Attachments

• 7D5EDBD3-EA5C-460E-80A7-7C7197116F94.png
    7D5EDBD3-EA5C-460E-80A7-7C7197116F94.png
    572.6 KB · Views: 3
:)
Just by reading the various articles, I assume he is from Elizabeth City NC.
I’m not familiar with the area at all. Is Kill Devil Hills a community/town itself or is it a specific area within Elizabeth City?

Have you heard of Nags Head?
KDH is a town within the Outer Banks (OBX), on the main strip, for lack of a better word. MOO.

The OBX is a group of barrier islands off the coast of NC. Andy Griffith, a noteworthy actor, lived in the OBX area (well just outside of it, in Manteo, if you’re asking me. Though some still consider Manteo to be apart of the OBX). MOO.
And yes I have heard of Nags Head. I’ve been there many times.

:)
KDH is a town within the Outer Banks (OBX), on the main strip, for lack of a better word. MOO.

The OBX is a group of barrier islands off the coast of NC. Andy Griffith, a noteworthy actor, lived in the OBX area (well just outside of it, in Manteo, if you’re asking me. Though some still consider Manteo to be apart of the OBX). MOO.
And yes I have heard of Nags Head. I’ve been there many times.

Thanks for info!
I ask about Nags Head because it is mentioned under ECPD post.

I am seeing multiple posts shared in my hometown, Virginia Beach, VA which says he spoke to family and was headed to Virginia Beach that evening. For reference, VB is roughly an hour and a half from Nags Head depending on traffic. Speculation of course, but I thought it was important. The road from Nags Head to VB is notorious for traffic accidents. (NC-168; VA-168) I hope he is okay!!

•last seen July 13 around 10:30 p.m. in the 1100 block of S. Croatan Highway in Kill Devil Hills
Seen where, I wonder? IIRC there are several restaurants and a Walgreens or CVS in that area, was he seen on security cams?

Seen where, I wonder? IIRC there are several restaurants and a Walgreens or CVS in that area, was he seen on security cams?

I don’t think it ever said.
However the ECPO post has a comment that includes where he may possibly been near there & why...

I am seeing multiple posts shared in my hometown, Virginia Beach, VA which says he spoke to family and was headed to Virginia Beach that evening. For reference, VB is roughly an hour and a half from Nags Head depending on traffic. Speculation of course, but I thought it was important. The road from Nags Head to VB is notorious for traffic accidents. (NC-168; VA-168) I hope he is okay!!
Possibly went off the road and just hasn't been found? Maybe. A couple of decades ago a well respected local fire dept captain (Chesapeake? VB? I don't remember) left a cook-out or party in the summer and went missing. In the winter when the leaves were off the trees a road maintenance crew found him and his vehicle in the median of I-64. He apparently had gone off the road on his way home and the vehicle was hidden by trees and brush. I don't believe LE ever determined exactly what happened.

Any information regarding where he was found?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back