Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW I think TN is silent ON BEHALF OF THE DAUGHTERS, because anything he COULD say, might put them at risk. I think the whole community is doing the same.

JMO JMO JMO
Yes, and because TN seemed to genuinely care about Suzanne. I think he was an early pawn in BM’s game and soon realized he was being played.

@Seattle1 i hope you can watch Lauren’s report tonight - I’m exhausted by the murders in Frostproof and we are more than 2 months in on Suzannes’ missing thread when everything IMO points to she is never coming back and may never be found - just wanted to say appreciate your research as it’s spot on
JMO
I'll get on it! :)

Making sure nobody in the family is overlooked in the terminology dept.
^ from Uxoricide - Wikipedia (side bar on right)

BBM- wow, those two are at a glance so close in spelling, make you look twice. Much different definition- be careful when referencing!!! Well, this was no Mariticide.:oops:

I am not sure if that is correct. I think LE can ask someone not to leave the area, during an active, ongoing missing/murder case.
I think so too. And they're more than likely watching him. Sometime when it appears someone (potential suspect) is attempting to leave the area, they just go ahead and make an arrest just to keep them around while they keep building the case.

Thanks for responding. After all was said and done with the Tyson interview, over 10 minutes on the "bike" the thing is we don't know if there were any repairs at all. Heck, they could have bought a used bike when the moved there in anticipation of tackling the sport. If a bike was worked on at all, it could be the daughter's bike, or Barry's for all we know. All we know is a tire was purchased in 2018, nothing more that I have seen or heard...absolutely nothing else.
IMO, TD was specifically asking about SMs bike and repairs, assumed answers addressed those questions.
Not sure how many years or miles you have to ride to be considered serious, by the locals.

Making sure nobody in the family is overlooked in the terminology dept.
^ from Uxoricide - Wikipedia (side bar on right)

I thought I had a large vocabulary, but I never heard the word "sororicide". In the examples, I read that several of the more famous sororicides had more than one perpetrator. It must be an awfully complex crime to investigate. Good thing this case seems to be much simpler! IMO

In their last press release, 9 July, they call it a missing person case. Or rather that seems to be their 'official' stance at this point.

That’s because SM IS a missing person. We don’t know right now why she is missing. (Although we have our opinions.)
She could be missing and murdered.
She could be missing and lost.
She could be missing and have committed suicide.
Her reason for being missing could be criminal, accidental or intentional.
In virtually every missing person case reported to LE, there are two concurrent efforts going on: search and investigation.
At the end of the investigation, the missing person report is amended to the actual incident if they are able to determine what happened to the person.

@Seattle1 i hope you can watch Lauren’s report tonight - I’m exhausted by the murders in Frostproof and we are more than 2 months in on Suzannes’ missing thread when everything IMO points to she is never coming back and may never be found - just wanted to say appreciate your research as it’s spot on
JMO

Wish we had Sheriff Judd working on Suzanne's case.

“Suzanne has always been beautiful. Everything about her is beautiful you don’t just see beauty when Suzanne is around, you feel it. Suzanne loves Jesus and she loves like Jesus. Always with a sweet smile and a kind word. She has a peaceful presence about her. She loves her family. She is so thankful to be a Momma, it wasn’t a guarantee for her, not something she could assume would happen when she was ready. Jesus made a way. Not once but twice. Blessings upon blessings.

We have a lot of questions and to say we don’t understand why or how this could happen to precious Suzanne is an understatement. But I know that wherever Suzanne is He is with her and she is with Him. When I stumble and my faith becomes weak I think of Suzanne and know she would want me to praise Him in this storm. He didn’t promise we wouldn’t face them, but he promised we wouldn’t face them alone. Suzanne is so very loved, to know her is to love her. Please help us find her.”

“You don’t just see beauty when Suzanne is around, you feel it”: Friends describe missing Chaffee County woman | FOX21 News Colorado

I have been following this case from the beginning and it really touches a nerve with me as well. I think because I am in that age group with 2 children, long term marriage, etc. Anyway, while in general in these cases it is usually the spouse and it very well could be in this case, I don't believe that there has been anywhere near enough information to make an "informed" decision on who caused SM to disappear. We literally know nothing except that a woman disappeared and searches were done. I too am surprised how much hate has gone BM's way with knowing next to nothing about the case. JMO!
Welcome to “Team Barry”! LOL
We are outnumbered, but not vanquished.
Seriously, welcome.

That’s because SM IS a missing person. We don’t know right now why she is missing. (Although we have our opinions.)
She could be missing and murdered.
She could be missing and lost.
She could be missing and have committed suicide.
Her reason for being missing could be criminal, accidental or intentional.
In virtually every missing person case reported to LE, there are two concurrent efforts going on: search and investigation.
At the end of the investigation, the missing person report is amended to the actual incident if they are able to determine what happened to the person.
Exactly.

So, I'm one of those pesky fence sitters :eek:;), I can see why things point to BM and do accept he is certainly coming across as mighty suspicious in his behaviours etc. but I am struggling as to the reason why he would harm his wife and the mother of his children - I mean they have been together a REALLY long time and would have faced some struggles during their time together. I did some reading on husbands killing their wives, and found some interesting things (interesting to me anyway) I read a number of articles/news articles/papers etc. one from the CDC (why does the Centre of Disease Control do studies on spousal killings? genuine question ) and from what I gathered women who co-habit are more likely to be killed than married women - 9 out of 10 co-habiting women, a married man is more likely to kill a 'mistress' particularly if they are younger and pregnant, the women would be most likely under 40, financial gain isn't always a motivator but jealousy if the wife wanted to move on was quite a big motivator - I did find that interesting, particularly in light of SM's illness and previous thoughts/opinions on here of her re-evaluating things, that made me think that SM wanted to re-direct her life and BM wasn't happy with the idea?
I read something by Dr Moncton Smith (Criminology Expert) - some of the British W/Sleuthers will know of her I would have thought - she stated there was an '8 stage pattern' that Uroxicide (think I spelt that correctly) follows - there was some points for discussion in there I feel such as 1,2,3,4,6 and 7 (although I am unclear whether some of them could be discussed here as we don't know what they were like and what relationship dynamics were when they first met etc. and as this was on BBC News - I don't know if its verified?). I am not too tech savvy though and cant seem to copy the links properly - just my thoughts, thanks for letting me share and sorry if I bored any of you :).

Women statistically get dumped by husbands at a much higher rate than vice versa with a serious diagnosis. It probably mostly has to do with women being raised as the "caregiver" and when that role is reversed, men don't take it well or as well as women. Probably partly because they already had the role and also because women are raised to give till it hurts to their spouse and kids. When they can't the husband feels neglected or put out by not having his meals cooked or whatever the dynamic change is and it's a recipe for divorce. Leaving an abusive relationship or just having an abuser feel that the victim is getting wise to the tactics, getting "lippy", whatever can make them feel like they are very quickly losing control. I think a lot of people who go through cancer and make it out the other side can also have crisis of faith in their marriage even if they don't get divorced. Maybe they realize that "hey I deserved a bit more empathy here" or "screw that I didn't get better to be a maid and sex doll". I can see that having a turning point in a lopsided power dynamic and people who feel especially entitled to certain things aren't going to take it well. Even without divorce filings abusive people can sense the withdrawal. I suspect and speculate that this is the sort of dynamic that may have been in play here.

Abusive relationships are most dangerous at the very end when the victim is reevaluating and considering those redirects. I don't think it necessarily has to be already filing divorce, but even just questioning status quo can be dangerous.

IMO even ordinary innocent families would seek legal advice under this circumstance. Most would not have funds to do so.

IMO, you wouldn’t pay a criminal lawyer fees, to sort out Go Fund Me, or simpler matters.

I absolutely know who I would try to hire, if I needed a criminal defense lawyer here in SC, doubt I could afford him.

Plus the older daughter has been irrevocably tied to BM by being the co-signer on some of those real estate documents.

Highlights from the piece on Suzanne:

She had Hodgkins Lymphoma cancer twice.

She likes to sing.
Very physically fit.

"Kind to everyone."
"Quiet, beautiful."

One gets a much better sense of her from hearing people who knew her describe her personality.

SM was definitely a good-hearted, sweet, caring person.

It makes me even more furious that someone took her light and extinguished it.

JMO.

Last edited:
Wish we had Sheriff Judd working on Suzanne's case.
I just wish this case was as easy as that one was to solve. It helps to have a body (or bodies).

That’s why it’s so important to have agencies with a massive amount of experience, technical knowledge, and manpower.

No-body cases are notoriously difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdward01