Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting thoughts indeed, BUT more interesting is apparently her first go around with cancer was 20+ years ago. Once you get insurance under those conditions you don't let it go ever. I would imagine they were covered, they would have been foolish to let a policy go. Admittedly tricky to keep but doubt they were uninsured. IMO based on life experiences.

Hold on -- can't forget:

Now, thanks to the Affordable Care Act, health insurance plans can no longer deny anyone coverage for their pre-existing condition, and so PCIP enrollees can transition to a new plan outside of the PCIP program. Learn more about your health insurance options at HealthCare.gov.

Pre-Existing Conditions | HHS.gov
www.hhs.gov › healthcare › about-the-aca › pre-existing-conditions

ETA: My best friend is a resident of Colorado, and a similar profile to SM (age, self-employed, cancer survivor) and I can tell you that Colorado state has some of the most affordable healthcare insurance rates in the country. MOO

Example: SM actual MONTHLY PREMIUM -- 2020 -- Chaffee County

$437.19 to $719.71

Annual Deductible (Per Person)
$550 to $8,150

Annual Deductible (Per Family)
$1,100 to $16,300

ETA2: add link
https://prd.connectforhealthco.com/individual/

Last edited:
I've known about SM's upcoming appointment for about a month now. It was spoken of early on after SM's disappearance.

One of her daughters had stated that she wouldn't have missed that appointment. It was an important milestone for Suzanne.

Seriously, if you have an MSM link stating such that predates Fox21 report today that we all missed, please post it ASAP and we can put this to rest.

If not, then your statement is deemed rumor and not allowed according to WS TOS.

So what? Unless they have a warrant, they can’t keep him off that plane. No matter how closely they’re watching him.

If LE asked BM to surrender his passport (assuming he has one that is current) does he have the right to refuse?

If he has the right to refuse surrendering his passport, my fear of BM "skipping the country" is still very real.

Get mom all set up in CO, near her grand daughters, and then " Sayonara."
MOO

Women statistically get dumped by husbands at a much higher rate than vice versa with a serious diagnosis. It probably mostly has to do with women being raised as the "caregiver" and when that role is reversed, men don't take it well or as well as women. Probably partly because they already had the role and also because women are raised to give till it hurts to their spouse and kids. When they can't the husband feels neglected or put out by not having his meals cooked or whatever the dynamic change is and it's a recipe for divorce. Leaving an abusive relationship or just having an abuser feel that the victim is getting wise to the tactics, getting "lippy", whatever can make them feel like they are very quickly losing control. I think a lot of people who go through cancer and make it out the other side can also have crisis of faith in their marriage even if they don't get divorced. Maybe they realize that "hey I deserved a bit more empathy here" or "screw that I didn't get better to be a maid and sex doll". I can see that having a turning point in a lopsided power dynamic and people who feel especially entitled to certain things aren't going to take it well. Even without divorce filings abusive people can sense the withdrawal. I suspect and speculate that this is the sort of dynamic that may have been in play here.

Abusive relationships are most dangerous at the very end when the victim is reevaluating and considering those redirects. I don't think it necessarily has to be already filing divorce, but even just questioning status quo can be dangerous.

I think men don’t take good enough care of women who get ill, exactly for the same reason that younger women have a higher risk of being killed by a partner, as it is explained in “Uxoricide” Wiki article.

“The greater age disparity between spouses, the higher risk of spousal homicide. For a male, the damage associated with infidelity is greater when the partner is younger.A woman's fertility decreases as she gets older, therefore, age is key indicator of reproductive success. As a result, a man will place high levels of importance on a mate with greater reproductive value.”

Because human history is so long, from the evolutionary standpoint, there is not much difference in the thinking of a XXI-century male and, say, Otzi. And a woman who gets seriously ill loses her reproductive potential, or it gets seriously diminished. Hence, she loses her value in the eyes of the partner.

(Ultimately, such behavior of the partners, that today is so self-serving to us, from the evolutionary standpoint, was geared to produce gene diversity. What changed today is the fact that the Earth is overpopulated, so new morality takes over).

A proverb from my mother country, “brother loves sister rich and husband loves wife healthy” illustrates tribal relationships like nothing else.

How does it apply to SM disappearance: BM not looking supportive enough during SM’s cancer treatment, to me, prognostically is not good news.

If LE asked BM to surrender his passport (assuming he has one that is current) does he have the right to refuse?

If he has the right to refuse surrendering his passport, my fear of BM "skipping the country" is still very real.

Get mom all set up in CO, near her grand daughters, and then " Sayonara."
MOO
He does have a right to refuse at this point. When we hear about people surrendering their passports, it is typically a requirement of their bond. A judge can order it, but law enforcement cannot.

I’m not worried about BM fleeing, as he’s played it carefully thus far.

That doesn't mean that BM planned on her being reported missing Monday though. Who would they call if SM didnt come in? BM probably. It seems harder to stage a disappearance with travel. I mean he'd have to really plan it out. He has to get over the mothers day hurdle which he couldnt. Then put her in a car away from the home with digital evidence and I'm not seeing how you really do that

To be clear, none of my posts you've quoted should be construed to imply I think BM planned on SM being reported missing on Monday, period. It's not what I said and I apologize if you found my posts to be unclear.

I continue to believe SM not responding to her daughters on Sunday (Mother's Day) would always be the red flag that something was wrong, and efforts would be made to contact LE and report SM missing -- regardless of who called 911.

MOO

Last edited:
Respectfully, can you explain?

Confusing is right!

As OP was responding to my post, let me be clear that "my take" was completely misinterpreted by OP because I also believe that the girls were always going to raise a fuss that they couldn't reach their mom on Mother's day along with others SM might check in with. I apologize for any inconvenience if by my original post. :)

Last edited:
Agree!

In addition, doesn’t it by process of elimination almost totally rule out suicide? Why make appointments if you’re planning your own demise or get away?

Appointments don’t rule anything out. However... Much as no one is safeguarded from depression or suicide, two factors serve as protective here.

One, SM’s strong faith, and two, her love of children. I would not view suicide on Mother’s Day as a valid possibility in SM’s case. MOO.

To be clear, none of my posts you've quoted should be construed to imply I think BM planned on SM being reported missing on Monday, period. It's not what I said and I apologize if my posts are unclear.

I continue to believe SM not responding to her daughters on Sunday (Mother's Day) would always be the red flag that something was wrong, and efforts would be made to contact LE and report SM missing -- regardless of who called 911.

MOO
The context of my opinion and yours were combined somehow in this discussion. I was confused myself. Moo.

I've known about SM's upcoming appointment for about a month now. It was spoken of early on after SM's disappearance.

One of her daughters had stated that she wouldn't have missed that appointment. It was an important milestone for Suzanne.
If the daughters had previously accompanied Suzanne to treatments, wouldn’t it be expected they would do so for the one scheduled for that Monday?
When did the school year end?

“She was super fit and you could tell she loved working out and loved being at the gym and, so, instantly we hit it off and started talking about our workouts and what we were doing,” Wooddell explained. “It was fun to get to see the two of them working out together and you could see them catching up together on the treadmill, they were really close.” bbm

[Note: It's unclear to reader who the friend is referring to here re. 'two of them.' Daughter? BM? Previous MSM reports state BM/SM often seen working out together at the gym].

“We are on a mission to find Suzanne,” Nephew Trevor Noel said.
^^sbm

Lauren Scharf responded to two questions on fb regarding her evening report about SM on Fox21 News:

Wooddell was talking about SM and her youngest daughter when she stated it was fun to watch the two of them working out together.

The comment by nephew TN was not new -- it's from mid May 2020.

I'm in Australia Poedelini and don't have twitter or facebook accounts, but was able to see it from Lauren's twitter account.
“You don’t just see beauty when Suzanne is around, you feel it”: Friends describe missing Chaffee County woman | FOX21 News Colorado

ugh. i can't see it from that link, either. i've searched twitter, fb, youtube, and straight up google, and if you are in europe, which i am, you cannot view this video, even with a vpn. that's frustrating, so thanks to the poster who transcribed the video! hopefully someone following the case will make a youtube post and play it within their video. we peeps in europe are invested in this thing, too!

eta: fox21 even has a youtube channel and they posted a few hours ago about a lightning strike! but not the suzanne morphew case? c'mon, fox21! this is why i appreciate TD's videos, and him getting ahead of things. i can't stand all the msm teasing. give us a break over here if you're reading @Lauren! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member