Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned discernment in 2 specific cases widely discussed and covered on WS and one heavily sleuthed elsewhere:

- Isabel Celis
- Kelli Bordeaux
- Boston Bombing case - wrong guy ID'd by sleuths

Taught a lot about assumptions as well as tunnel vision. IMO.

I don't think BM knew he was being filmed but that was a free interview if I ever saw one. IMO he wanted his narrative shared --
Otherwise a "no comment" would have sufficed.

Some people are born salesman. Some people sell dirt.

JMO

BBM:

"It's. Too. Soon."

There you go.

Seriously, what more do you want?
BM is a busy man right now.
He has guardianship papers to file, and homes to sell, and properties to buy, and wells to dig, and workouts to do at the gym, and stuff.

He doesn't have time to stand around and chit-chat with reporters about his missing wife.

Looking for his wife won't pay the bills.

Let's keep our eye on the ball and focus on what's really important here.

Speaking of which, how's that Gimme Fund looking?

JMO.
I wonder if TD can track down some of the builders in the area that BM worked for in the last couple of years. Is he still working? He sure isn’t looking for his wife! Maybe too much “other” stuff to occupy him as you pointed out. Like socializing at the gym. Or maybe TD could track down some of his employees, or should I say “former” employees. Easy enough to find their names.

I apologize if I’ve missed this, but can’t find the answer here on WS.
Snipped by me - Quoting Article dated May 14 from NY POST

Question?

“Spezze declined to comment when reached Wednesday by The Post on whether Morphew’s husband is cooperating with authorities or if investigators suspect foul play in the case.

“This is an open criminal investigation,” Spezze said.” “

When was it changed from a missing person case to a criminal investigation by Chaffee County Sheriff Department?

TIA
Edited to bold remarks
https://nypost.com/2020/05/14/reward-for-missing-colorado-woman-suzanne-morphew-soars-to-200k/

Last edited:
I agree that we shouldn't imprint our own experiences onto other peoples but it was interesting that the other patient mentioned that Barry was not particularly friendly. Why mention that at all why not just say I only saw Barry once. Of cause maybe that other patient is a very friendly person and expects others to be or maybe Barry has some sort of hospital phobia who knows.
Again I would like to have known who the two of them on the treadmill at the gym were, who was she talking about. One minute the friend Karry Wooddell is describing how they talked about workouts etc and then she describes it was fun to see the two of them catching up on the treadmill. Was this just poorly worded and the two catching up on the treadmill were SM and Karry Wooddell .
From this interview I got the impression Suzanne was a warm friendly lady whose life revolved around her family but also maybe a private lady. If there were any marital issues I don't think we will ever know about them.
As for Barry well lets say he is innocent and truly believes that Suzanne was knocked of her bike by a truck and then her injured or lifeless body was carried away by a mountain lion or she was abducted and has been imprisoned by a maniac or taken by a serial killer who might be killing women all over the US as I type. Well even if I was a private person as he seems to be I would be furious that LE were wasting time digging up my jobs and searching my home I would talk to LS when she reached out and be shouting from the rooftops why aren't you looking for this abductor.

IMO

This is an example of using one's own life and deciding that's the way others should be.

Reality is some people are not a bit funny. Some people are very uncomfortable around doctors, hospitals, and medical procedures and freak out somewhat. Some people (even spouses) get scared and close down and don't act in ways someone else would.

Personally I think it's not a valid way to judge someone--i.e. using one's own life as the template for anyone else's. And, as I mentioned a week or 2 before, my friend who recently retired from the Sheriff's Dept after 25 yrs of service, told me about their training and how they are taught to not imprint their own lives, beliefs, religion, customs onto someone they are investigating.

/IMO
Apparently the chemo friend thought it was noteworthy BM was only at chemo one time with SM to mention it in the interview. Assessing the behavior of a “husband of 25+ years” is something I have experience with having been married for longer than that and going through a similar circumstances with medical. My husband insisted on being with me which I gladly accepted. That’s what you do if you are in a loving committed relationship after all those years! It’s not “expected”. It’s just the way it is for most long term married couples.
Of course, MOO from my own experience and observations of my own family members as well as friends in similar cases.

I apologize if I’ve missed this, but can’t find the answer here on WS.
Snipped by me - Quoting Article dated May 14 from NY POST

Question?

“Spezze declined to comment when reached Wednesday by The Post on whether Morphew’s husband is cooperating with authorities or if investigators suspect foul play in the case.

“This is an open criminal investigation,” Spezze said.” “

When was it changed from a missing person case to a criminal investigation by Chaffee County Sheriff Department?

TIA
Edited to bold remarks
https://nypost.com/2020/05/14/reward-for-missing-colorado-woman-suzanne-morphew-soars-to-200k/
The media thread is a good source for finding timeline related references - from the beginning the Sheriff has said it was a missing persons case IIRC and then he made a comment that it was a criminal investigation as you quoted. IMO he was running two cases simultaneously - and ruled out missing fairly quick. He just didn't announce it much in his press releases.
JMO

SM could’ve told him not to come to the treatments if his stress increased her stress. I wouldn’t want to bring someone who is visibly uncomfortable.

MOO
Receiving chemo can be a very dangerous time for cancer patients. My own mother died 15 minutes into receiving her very first chemo treatment. I couldn’t imagine not wanting the support of my life partner there by my side. MOO

Appointments don’t rule anything out. However... Much as no one is safeguarded from depression or suicide, two factors serve as protective here.

One, SM’s strong faith, and two, her love of children. I would not view suicide on Mother’s Day as a valid possibility in SM’s case. MOO.
I think Lauren's interview hammered home that point, suicide or intentionally disappearing makes no sense. None!!

The appointment on Monday is swirling in my head. Not as a cause of her disappearance, but something about that upcoming milestone appointment won't leave my thoughts alone. How important that would have been for Suzanne. How important Motherhood was to her. Would she have wanted BM to be with her? Would it be a source of tension?

I work with attorneys - real estate, probate, corporate litigation, business, and estate planning - If my parent was missing, and I was the recipient of general public funds for a "search" etc., I would go to an attorney - for assistance in the proper, legal withdrawal and spending of those funds. If I suspected a family member was involved, or knew something and was not forthcoming - I would want that same legal assistance and advice. but that's just because I'm around them all day every day. It's too soon IMO to worry about handling SM's estate - for now, she's married and the rules of CO and IN joint property will prevail. And short of bringing about a civil lawsuit there isn't much to be done until she is located or an arrest is made. Her joint assets are his until we are told otherwise (i.e. Trust, individual accounts, etc. -JMO)
all my own opinion.
Just noticed your post, thanks for sush good info.
In 11 years I’ve seen just one Trust set up for a child that was separate from a family trust because the money was from a specific source - otherwise the trusts are joint with husband and wife then split upon the death of both. Before the tax code changed a few years ago, we did individual trusts for tax purposes and insurance trusts. My guess has been she set up estate plan documents based on the specific POA she recorded in IN for the sale of a piece of property - However all of the real property we found was joint and not in a trust. This makes me think there are no trusts holding assets for the girls but that’s pure speculation. I would be very interested in life insurance policies and if she had an insurance trust- it’s old school but a good way to pass wealth that isn’t taxed
JMO
Thanks, @oviedo, 40 years ago, we had some sort of mutual funds for our children, some sort of trust?... gift to minors?controlled by us until age 25. Obsolete, I’m sure, but it was intended for college education. I was the executor, in name only. My husband managed them. All this began as questioning why girls had separate lawyers, or even lawyers at all. Assuming BM hired defense attorney, fees different, aren’t they. Thanks!

A set-up if you believe that BM knew he was being recorded and used TD to get his narrative(s) out there.. I don't believe that TD was in on it.

I do believe he was in on it...doesn't make TD evil but I think he sought it out as a jumpstart for this new career/hobby of his. I think they met the day before and planned it out with no strings attached, kind of like...no questions asked. It served both of their purposes. I think that's why now, later you hear all the ambivalence on behalf of Tyson.

Draper admits that he was not honest with Morphew when he said his camera wasn’t recording. But he also said he didn’t think Morphew believed him.

“He saw the red light was on. He knew it was on,” Draper said.

“He was watching me like a hawk. I saw him look right at it.”

Barry and Tyson both knew the game...

Last edited:
The media thread is a good source for finding timeline related references - from the beginning the Sheriff has said it was a missing persons case IIRC and then he made a comment that it was a criminal investigation as you quoted. IMO he was running two cases simultaneously - and ruled out missing fairly quick. He just didn't announce it much in his press releases.
JMO
Thank you @oviedo

A set-up if you believe that BM knew he was being recorded and used TD to get his narrative(s) out there.. I don't believe that TD was in on it.
Who is this person TD? I know he’s the one who recorded BM, but there’s very little info about him anywhere. I am not very trusting when total strangers pop onto the scene of a tragic situation who can turn that tragedy into a monetary gain. MOO

Who is this person TD? I know he’s the one who recorded BM, but there’s very little info about him anywhere. I am not very trusting when total strangers pop onto the scene of a tragic situation who can turn that tragedy into a monetary gain. MOO
well... we can't sleuth anyone who isn't a POI....so I doubt we can post more about him ?

Receiving chemo can be a very dangerous time for cancer patients. My own mother died 15 minutes into receiving her very first chemo treatment. I couldn’t imagine not wanting the support of my life partner there by my side. MOO

Im terribly sorry about your mother.

My mother had cancer and chemo treatments when I was a teenager. That experience informs my own perspective.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members