FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020

Did they know their attackers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
$30,000 reward offered for information in murder of 3 fishing buddies in Frostproof

(Video news interview of dad Cyrill and mom Dottie at link above).

July 20, 2020

Cyril Rollins says the moment he realized his son was calling, he knew it was bad news.

“He doesn’t ever call my phone, at all,” Rollins said. “Unless he is having trouble.”

When Cyril answered, his fears were realized.

“He said, 'Help daddy! Help daddy!'” he recalled.

He rushed to the scene where he found his son shot and bloodied in the roadway. Rollins left his home so fast, he forgot his cell phone.

“When I got there, I didn’t have a phone, at all,” he said. “I didn’t know what to do. He was talking, and all of that. I said son, I’ve got to leave you, I’ve got to go get some help.

Cyril hopped back into his car, driving to a convenience store to call 911. The store owner’s daughter went with Cyril back to the scene.

“I thought they were coming back to finish Brandon off,” he said. “But he was talking, but he was pretty bad. He was too bloody.”

[..]

Cyril says that’s when he heard his son’s cell phone ringing from his truck. It was his mother, Dottie calling. Cyril reached to grab it.

“It was in the seat. I couldn’t see it. It was covered in blood,” he said. “And I got the phone, and it was his momma and I said, 'Please Dottie, please get here, our son is dying.'”

Should we assume also that the young convience store lady was with him, speaking to him, when dad went to get the phone. Was he speaking to her also... which msm hasn't stated as she is a minor that has heard the exclamations

We shouldn’t be shocked at them going for fast food. It’s obvious that they didn’t care at all. Anybody that will pull a firearm, or set by and watch, and shoot away at close range killing 3 people doesn’t have empathy. That fast food trip isn’t a surprise.

I'm not the least bit surprised. These type of offenders are cold dead souls.

They just had a case on ID that was a rerun, but the man had murdered his wife, and buried her in the basement of her home.

When they were there to arrest him for first degree murder he was sitting at his kitchen table eating as the home filled up with the smell of decomposition from unearthing the remains of his wife. He asked LE if he could finish eating his spaghetti first.

There are too many cases to list where the suspects ate food afterwards. Many of them ate the victims food in their home as the dead victims lay dead on the floor.

Imo for some reason. ...more, and more sociopaths or pyschpoaths are being spawned than ever before.

Sometimes I feel some type of subhuman species are being created because most of them do not possess one ounce of conscience. They feel absolutely no empathy or compassion at all for all other human beings.

As far as his brother, and his girlfriend I don't have any sympathy for either two. His brother, and his girlfriend knows who he is yet they chose to be around him.

The only way anyone would even be able to tolerate being around someone so hideous, and violent as he is its because they both have the same like mindset he does.

They both had a choice to hang around him. They made the choice to do so. I hope all three are convicted, and the triggerman if convicted should be put on death row. The other two should be given the harshest sentences allowable under Florida law.

Thank goodness Florida really is a sunshine law state. So we will see documents as these cases progress.

That's why the Sheriff knew he could layout the evidence thus far known,and give it to the public. He knows it's all going to come out anyway.

Jmho

Last edited:
Could be that the coffee hasn’t kicked in, but I’m confused by 2 different accounts as quoted by Judd from the summary.
First being that Tillman was being beaten when Rollins & Springfield arrived.
Second being that Wiggins bros and Whittemore pulled up on Tillman, Rollins and Springfield who had arrived at the lake ahead of them, then the confrontation began.

....Tillman traveled to Lake Streety first & arrived by himself, according to sheriff Judd. When Rollins & Springfield arrived soon after, Tillman was being beaten by unknown attackers, and the two friends intervened to help Tillman & were shot......

....Near the lake, the Wiggins brothers & Whittemore pulled up behind two trucks that had stopped with their windows down to talk. Inside one truck was Tillman. Rollins & Springfield were inside the other. Sheriff Judd said TJ got out of the vehicle, ran up to their trucks and asked, “Where’s Keven?” TJ Wiggins found Keven in the truck with Rollins, and allegedly pointed the gun at him demanding, “Where’s my truck? You stole the engine out of my truck!” TJ Wiggins shot Brandon Rollins & Keven Springfield 9-10 times with his handgun. He then turned to Tillman & allegedly shot him several times.

ETA @Niner summary (ty btw!!)

This is just an idea...

The first version was during the first NC and when the sheriff had only spoken to BR's father and so might have been speculation on Sheriff Grady's part. He did take some other guesses during that first press conference, in fact...
"Maybe just someone angry that the 2 trucks were blocking the road..." (paraphrased)

The second version was stated by the sheriff during the second NC and he had apparently learned more.. or more accurate information by then. He had interviewed or attempted to interview JR, his girlfriend and his brother by then.

I actually see this a lot early on in crimes. Evidence becomes available and often changes original statements, theories and "facts" that were not really facts afterall. Theories get picked up and dropped and can change rapidly during the first week or so during early investigative phases of many new cases.

When LE is extremely quiet and not communication with the public; no doubt we don't see this as often but I imagine it still happens behind the scenes.

i seen that on ID also @oceanblueeyes , guy wanted to finish dinner. I guess this shocks us here because the people that I’ve read here at WS seem like normal and decent folks. I personally can’t stand to see people or animals mistreated, or as a gardener, even plants. These people involved in these kinds of cases Are different. I recall hearing the Green River killer recount his crimes and it was as easy as a plumber explaining the repair of a pipe. NO emotion at all.

I think the poll at the top of this thread which will be a header until September is rigged. We all know the answer to it now.

Well, I think so as I just voted yes as did 89% now.

vote.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member