Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh. Yes. I forgot to mention that last week one of my coworkers told me he only uses hand sanitizer, does not wash his hands, while at work because he doesn't trust the water. He then proceeded to lose his mind when I tried to explain why hand washing is necessary after blowing your nose or using the bathroom. Hand sanitizer does not cut it in all situations.

It's a wonder I haven't started drinking (like on the job). Or breaking bad. Or something.

doesn't trust the water??!!
that's a new one
I don't even know what to say

UK Healthcare Discovers Dozens Of False-Positive Covid-19 Tests

UK Healthcare says it has identified more than two dozen COVID-19 tests that were actually a false positive.

A news release from the hospital says the issue was with a software flaw.

The discovery was made on July 16 as UK lab scientists were reviewing raw data from Thermo Fisher, one of its four testing partners.

UK employees were concerned about "discrepancies between the raw data and the software interpretation that might result in false positives," according to the release.

UK Healthcare Discovers Dozens Of False-Positive Covid-19 Tests

UK Healthcare says it has identified more than two dozen COVID-19 tests that were actually a false positive.

A news release from the hospital says the issue was with a software flaw.

The discovery was made on July 16 as UK lab scientists were reviewing raw data from Thermo Fisher, one of its four testing partners.

UK employees were concerned about "discrepancies between the raw data and the software interpretation that might result in false positives," according to the release.
Really? More that two dozen out of 45,000? How tragic is that?

Australians who have died from Covid-19 have lost more years of their expected lifespan, on average, than those dying from the country’s three leading causes of death (coronary heart disease, dementia and stroke) , a new study suggests.

.... preliminary calculations for Australia found the average years of life lost per person was 17 years for men and 14 for women ...

Coronavirus cutting Australians' lives short by more years than top three causes of death

“I think with a combination of good public health measures, a degree of global herd immunity and a good vaccine, which I do hope and feel cautiously optimistic that we will get, I think when we put all three of those together, we will get control of this, whether it’s this year or next year. I’m not certain,” Fauci said. “I don’t really see us eradicating it.”

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/coronavirus/article244443257.html

Starr County, TX

The county has been forced to form what is being compared to a so-called “death panel.” A county health board – which governs Starr Memorial – is set to authorize critical care guidelines Thursday that will help medical workers determine ways to allocate scarce medical resources on patients with the best chance to survive.

A committee will deem which COVID-19 patients are likely to die and send them home with family, Jose Vasquez, the county health authority, said during a news conference Tuesday.

Residents from my state who are currently in Victoria have been told that if they want to come home to South Australia, they have four more days in which to do that. After that they will not be allowed to return here for who-knows-how-long.

And the National Cabinet (all of Australia's state's leaders conferring) have agreed that transport workers will now need to be covid tested. Likely due to a transport worker from Victoria taking the virus to NSW and starting some clusters there. As well as a wharf worker from my state returning here from Victoria this week with the virus (he is isolating, and we are hoping for the best).

Travelling persons are so freakin' dangerous in spreading the virus. Even essential workers.

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/heal...fnLf-ZK8IJ1XtTgWnYbfmiTnLPP4y5n25u7ETi5YbrlgA

Last edited:
'They said I'd be cleaning toilets so I quit'

" "On my return I was told that I wouldn't be in the gift shop any more," she says. Instead she would be wiping tables in the restaurant and cleaning toilets.

Before the pandemic she'd worked for 13 years first as a manager, then as a retail supervisor, talking to customers, tidying displays, ordering stock.

"I am 60 years old and felt this was very unfair," she says. "To be pushing a big trolley round, cleaning toilets, it's a bit of a come-down. I don't want to sound snobbish, but I felt I was treated badly."

The next morning she got up and emailed to say she wouldn't be returning to work."

She should take them to an employment tribunal for constructive dismissal IMO.

Woman Refuses to Wear Mask, Compares It to Pants Not Stopping 'Fart' Smell

In the clip, the woman can be seen in the video with her back turned to customers filming and criticizing her for not wearing a mask. The woman appears to be filming those filming and criticizing her, keeping her back to them and holding her phone next to her head. ...

"You think that mask is going to protect you?" she asked. Pointing to the back of her pants, she adds: "when you fart out your *advertiser censored*, you can smell it! You think that mask is going to protect you?" She then heads for the exit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv