Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *kidnapping arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another shed building business, Pequea Vally storage sheds is next to the high school, but we don't have any evidence he was in that area. Started me thinking. In Lancaster rural areas, farmers and wood working businesses burn their scrap wood and trash. Some have large boiler looking devices that they toss the scrap wood into. Lot of wood working and shed building businesses in the area.

Another shed building business, Pequea Vally storage sheds is next to the high school, but we don't have any evidence he was in that area. Started me thinking. In Lancaster rural areas, farmers and wood working businesses burn their scrap wood and trash. Some have large boiler looking devices that they toss the scrap wood into. Lot of wood working and shed building businesses in the area.
Hey, Trackergd, did you see the massive tank behind Harvest Structures ? It's not noticeable from the street. Someone said it was to such up sawdust I think. Could this tank be boiler device you are referring to ?

From the get, in the (very) back of my mind, I have wondered if she had had contact with him before via someone else’s phone. I know the possibility of this is very, very nil. But the thought still lingers from time to time.
It certainly makes no sense for her to get in that car with a total stranger. In fact numerous people have said she wouldn't do that. He could have had a weapon but we don't know that either.. Lots of unknowns here.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the mods on where I can post the timeline for the entire thread (we don't have a media post yet), but if it can be helpful to anyone, I'm adding it here. Please let me know if I've missed anything.

Timeline: Linda Stoltzfoos Abduction

12:20 p.m., Sunday, June 21: Linda Stoltzfoos leaves church on Stumptown Road, Bird-in-Hand, PA, to walk to her home on Beechdale Road. Linda was wearing a tan dress and white apron and black young woman’s kerchief/head covering specific to her church family. She was carrying her shoes and stockings.

--22 minutes elapse--

12:42 p.m., Sunday, June 21: 600 Beechdale Road, Bird-in-Hand, man intercepts Linda walking home, she gets into red car with him.

--45 minutes elapse--

1:30 p.m., Sunday, June 21: Sarah and Isaac Stoltzfus see Amish female in passenger seat of red car traveling on Amish Gap Road. Gideon King also saw the Amish female in the red car on Amish Road around that same time. Amish Road is a 15-minute drive from Linda’s home.

--60 minutes elapse--

2:35 - 3:35 p.m., Sunday, June 21: Justo Smoker cell phone pings in general area of 3104 Harvest Drive, Ronks, PA

--One hour and 25 minutes elapse--

5:00 p.m. Sunday, June 21: LE notified by Jonathan Stoltzfus about suspicious vehicle in the parking lot of Harvest Structures about 5 p.m.

<Date> FBI issue Missing person notice LINK

July 8: Investigators review initial video footage of 500 Beechdale Road. Authorities ID car as a red Kia Rio, PA Reg KYB9713, belonging to Justo Smoker, 34, of Paradise. LE identify his workplace as a business in Gap (Dutchland, Inc.). Authorities drive to the business, see the red Kia Rio and see that the plates match the car in the video. Police note the car leaving around 5:25 p.m. and later find it at JS’s apartment at 3250 Lincoln Highway.

July 10: LE views FBI-refined video surveillance and see Linda get into the car. Justo Smoker arrested at his place of employment in Gap. Red Kia Rio impounded. Appeared before Magisterial District Judge B. Denise Commins for a preliminary arraignment. Charged with felony kidnapping to inflict injury/terror & misdemeanor false imprisonment. Denied bail. Bail Action Reason: Due to the nature of the charges & ongoing investigation into the status of the victim. Preliminary hearing scheduled 7/21/20.

July 10: LE find LS clothing buried behind Harvest Structures next to Amtrak train tracks.

July 12: Searches begin in Welsh Mountain area.

July 13: Affidavit released (link no longer working)

July 16: Lancaster County DA/LE press conference: believe LS did not know JS; still tracking JS activities in days leading to abduction; believe LS was harmed; search locations are private as each could be a crime scene; reward offered for tips; FBI agent used the word ‘recovery’.

July 20: Preliminary hearing postponed, but not rescheduled.

Hey, Trackergd, did you see the massive tank behind Harvest Structures ? It's not noticeable from the street. Someone said it was to such up sawdust I think. Could this tank be boiler device you are referring to ?

No, that's a centrifugal dust collector. It collects the sawdust from all the cutting and milling operations and puts it into drums or a trailer. Might be worth checking the drums/trailer. Not sure what they do with it. Some places sell it to add to cattle feed or use as animal bedding.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the mods on where I can post the timeline for the entire thread (we don't have a media post yet), but if it can be helpful to anyone, I'm adding it here. Please let me know if I've missed anything.

12:20 p.m., Sunday, June 21: Linda Stoltzfoos leaves church on Stumptown Road, Bird-in-Hand, PA, to walk to her home on Beechdale Road. Linda was wearing a tan dress and white apron and black young woman’s kerchief/head covering specific to her church family. She was carrying her shoes and stockings.

--22 minutes elapse--

12:42 p.m., Sunday, June 21: 600 Beechdale Road, Bird-in-Hand, man intercepts Linda walking home, she gets into red car with him.

--45 minutes elapse--

1:30 p.m., Sunday, June 21: Sarah and Isaac Stoltzfus see Amish female in passenger seat of red car traveling on Amish Gap Road. Gideon King also saw the Amish female in the red car on Amish Road around that same time. Amish Road is a 15-minute drive from Linda’s home.

--60 minutes elapse--

2:35 - 3:35 p.m., Sunday, June 21: Justo Smoker cell phone pings in general area of 3104 Harvest Drive, Ronks, PA

5:00 p.m. Sunday, June 21: LE notified by Jonathan Stoltzfus about suspicious vehicle in the parking lot of Harvest Structures about 5 p.m.

July 8: Investigators review initial video footage of 500 Beechdale Road. Authorities ID car as a red Kia Rio, PA Reg KYB9713, belonging to Justo Smoker, 34, of Paradise. LE identify his workplace as a business in Gap (Dutchland, Inc.). Authorities drive to the business, see the red Kia Rio and see that the plates match the car in the video. Police note the car leaving around 5:25 p.m. and later find it at JS’s apartment at 3250 Lincoln Highway.

July 10: LE views FBI-refined video surveillance and see Linda get into the car. Justo Smoker arrested at his place of employment in Gap. Red Kia Rio impounded. Appeared before Magisterial District Judge B. Denise Commins for a preliminary arraignment. Charged with felony kidnapping to inflict injury/terror & misdemeanor false imprisonment. Denied bail. Bail Action Reason: Due to the nature of the charges & ongoing investigation into the status of the victim. Preliminary hearing scheduled 7/21/20.

July 10: LE find LS clothing buried behind Harvest Structures next to Amtrak train tracks.

July 16: Lancaster County DA/LE press conference: believe LS did not know JS; still tracking JS activities in days leading to abduction; believe LS was harmed; search locations are private as each could be a crime scene; reward offered for tips; FBI agent used the word ‘recovery’.

Excellent and a big help!

No, that's a centrifugal dust collector. It collects the sawdust from all the cutting and milling operations and puts it into drums or a trailer. Might be worth checking the drums/trailer. Not sure what they do with it. Some places sell it to add to cattle feed or use as animal bedding.
Oh thanks, Maple syrup thought it had something to do with sawdust.

Wonder what affect sawdust would have on deceased body. They might sell sawdust to place that makes cattle feed and uses big mixer I imagine.

Sawdust mixture added to cattle feed, then compressed and comes out as pellets, cubes etc.

Sawdust is NOT mixed into cattle feed in this area of Pennsylvania. It is not a feed ingredient that is necessary as there is plenty of access to other ingredients. Pelletizing equipment is not something most local mills in Lancaster County have.

When any animal feed is pelletized, the ingredients are run through a mixer. There is no way to get a body into a mixer without it being known. Ingredients are not just brought willy nilly into a mill without records and quality control measures. These measures are in place as the feed that is being manufactured is fed to livestock that are being produced for human consumption. All feed, as well as the ingredients going into it, need to be traceable for safety and recall purposes.

Sawdust is NOT mixed into cattle feed in this area of Pennsylvania. It is not a feed ingredient that is necessary as there is plenty of access to other ingredients. Pelletizing equipment is not something most local mills in Lancaster County have.

When any animal feed is pelletized, the ingredients are run through a mixer. There is no way to get a body into a mixer without it being known. Ingredients are not just brought willy nilly into a mill without records and quality control measures. These measures are in place as the feed that is being manufactured is fed to livestock that are being produced for human consumption. All feed, as well as the ingredients going into it, need to be traceable for safety and recall purposes.
Thank you cutter99 for a detailed explanation. The thought of a steak from cattle fed even trace amounts of sawdust was not appealing at all.

--22 minutes elapse--

--45 minutes elapse--

--60 minutes elapse--

At 1:30 the Amish couple see Linda Stoltfoos on Amish Gap Rd. in which town ? Then Gideon King sees her on Amish Rd. , again which town ? I am confused because I found Amish Rd. in Kinzers. I didn't find an Amish Gap Rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288