Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #48

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Show 7.24.20.jpg
    Show 7.24.20.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 4
John Prior (CD attorney) responded today for CD regarding the media coverage. He’d like the cameras to stay. What is going on here? Lol.

https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR22-20-755/Response to Motion to Reconsider.pdf

All JMO.

Assuming that JP can file this motion and ALSO request a change of venue later, that’s his strategy, IMO. Reading the document, I was struck by how the same examples used in it could also be used to support a change of venue. He’s probably seeing all the local support for Tammy and the children, and he’s likely paying close attention to opinions that have already formed regarding his client. IMO, he’s already planning to file for a change of venue later. And if he can get a livestream or locals in the courtroom for anything and everything, the increased publicity will only help to support that motion.

Can someone please tell me approx due date (if known) for Melani & IP baby?
This is from today. I was trying to get a video of him driving off but I sat and waited until almost 5:30 and had somewhere else I needed to be.
Thank you @SleuthD-o-doubleg for giving us local info and updates!

It sounds like Tammy's children are no longer supportive of Chad. Here's where the discussion starts:

Yay @Redvines86 Great Job! You are very well spoken and you have such a good heart. I’m soooo glad Tammy and her kids have Someone like you who can speak out for them. I’m sure Tammy is sending you big hugs from up above. And I’m sending you big hugs from down here. I know it can’t be easy for you. MOO

Here’s a follow up from EIN
Thanks for the follow up.

"Yes, Mark is regularly working with Lori on their defense." BBM. Wouldn't that technically be her defense? MM doesn't have to defend himself. He mentioned gigabytes of new data in the last hearing, so they probably have a lot to go through. As for him being part of the 144k, I think he stated in a press conference (way back) that he wasn't Mormon.

I am not sure anyone has approximate due dates other than arithmetic and previously posted meeting/marriage dates (which I haven't looked up recently).
I’m still waiting to see confirmation she really is pregnant. To the best of my knowledge we think she is because LE told BB that MB told them she was pregnant. I have no doubt Mel told LE she’s carrying Ian’s baby but that doesn’t mean mean much coming from her. Did she look pregnant in her TV interviews w/grandma Cox?

Two thoughts:

1). This is the first thing I’ve seen Means say/do/write that hints he may kinda know what he’s doing after all. Or else he found a good paralegal. The first part is so similar to JP’s it’s clear the two attorneys consulted each other before filing.

2). Did you notice he’s referring to his client as “Lori Vallow (Daybell)”. The parentheses must be driving her nuts and that pleases me to no end.

Change of venue might become necessary. Someone else asked this before, but I'm not sure if it's been answered: What happens to the judge in that case?
I think there would be a new one if it's not a court he works out of (he was at Madison County for LVD's initial hearings), but I'm more wondering how a change of venue affects the prosecutorial team.

@AZlawyer do you know?

Two thoughts:

1). This is the first thing I’ve seen Means say/do/write that hints he may kinda know what he’s doing after all. Or else he found a good paralegal. The first part is so similar to JP’s it’s clear the two attorneys consulted each other before filing.

2). Did you notice he’s referring to his client as “Lori Vallow (Daybell)”. The parentheses must be driving her nuts and that pleases me to no end.
MM says "The state has had weeks to file this reconsideration motion but chose to do so on the eve of Mr Daybell's preliminary hearing. A matter such as this, should most likely have been briefed and argued sometime ago. Its midnight hour filing could suggest its less of importance to the State."

July 8th is when the court issued its findings regarding the hearings.
July 17th is when RW filed motion to reconsider.

I'm not sure that MM knows what he's talking about, because 9 days isn't weeks and CD's interests have got nothing to do with MM. I'm not sure he's doing LVD any favors by being seen to be acting so closely with JP. Cooperation is one thing, but I think the boundaries are blurring here in terms of their separate interests, IMO.

While I don't agree that the court should ban media, because I think firstly this case has garnered national interest so it doesn't matter where it takes place, but more importantly I don't see a case for thinking an impartial jury can't be selected, I have some sympathy here with RW because he seems to be having to do the work their own lawyers should be doing. Neither of them have laid out valid grounds IMO for wanting the prelims broadcasted, their arguments are empty - saying the authorities have generated public interest, and claiming to care about the public's rights to know. IMO the authorities have been very tight lipped in all aspects of the investigation.

The bottom line is I don't think either of their lawyers are anywhere close to being suitable for the job of defending them. The sooner they get appropriate and experienced representation the better. I kind of understand now why RW hired a PR firm - I think he is treading very carefully because their muddying of the water is only just beginning.

moo

Thanks for the follow up.

"Yes, Mark is regularly working with Lori on their defense." BBM. Wouldn't that technically be her defense? MM doesn't have to defend himself. He mentioned gigabytes of new data in the last hearing, so they probably have a lot to go through. As for him being part of the 144k, I think he stated in a press conference (way back) that he wasn't Mormon.

BBM- No, he declined to answer whether he was mormon. It was when he was taking questions outside the courthouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288