Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #9

McCloud:

Walmart Theft (up to $1000):

Hearing For Role Hearing Type Hearing Date/Time Judge Hearing Result
William Boyden Bryant McCloud Defendant Hearing 08/11/2020 9:30 AM Ray Conkin

William Boyden Bryant McCloud Defendant Hearing 07/16/2020 9:30 AM Ray Conkin Continuance Granted

link: Sullivan County - Criminal Case Detail

Aggravated domestic assault

William Bryant McCloud Defendant Arraignment 09/24/2020 9:00 AM James F Goodwin

William Bryant McCloud Defendant Appearance 07/16/2020 9:00 AM James F Goodwin Continuance Granted

Domestic assault (original)

William Bryant McCloud Defendant Announcement Hearing 09/24/2020 9:00 AM James F Goodwin

William Bryant McCloud Defendant Arraignment 07/16/2020 9:00 AM James F Goodwin Continuance Granted

Again I am here hoping for something that will help get closer to justice for this sweet baby Evelyn. Maybe will we see if there has been progress at MB court hearing this week. I cannot understand why it's been so slow going. Worse is I can't understand why nobody has stepped up to tell the truth for this beautiful innocent child. There is no way that only MB knows the truth.
We will see in a few days... fingers crossed.

Again I am here hoping for something that will help get closer to justice for this sweet baby Evelyn. Maybe will we see if there has been progress at MB court hearing this week. I cannot understand why it's been so slow going. Worse is I can't understand why nobody has stepped up to tell the truth for this beautiful innocent child. There is no way that only MB knows the truth.
We will see in a few days... fingers crossed.

I'm with you all the way on this case. Someone out there knows what happened, when and where. Why won't they step up and speak out. It's so frustrating and makes me think that nobody cares.

I'm with you all the way on this case. Someone out there knows what happened, when and where. Why won't they step up and speak out. It's so frustrating and makes me think that nobody cares.

Unfortunately, it appears that those who do know don't care. It appears that those individuals are all covering their own backsides.

I guess if anyone did care, we wouldn't even know who Evelyn was. She would be happy and healthy!

Thanks Gardenkeep. From the article:
“Friday's scheduled court date will be an announcement hearing, where Megan Boswell's court-appointed attorney will give an update on where the case stands. The lawyer has said he is reviewing the state's case and may file additional court motions.“

WHY is MEGAN’s attorney giving the update? Where is the prosecuting attorney in this mess? Or the judge?

I don’t like how this case is heading.

Thanks Gardenkeep. From the article:
“Friday's scheduled court date will be an announcement hearing, where Megan Boswell's court-appointed attorney will give an update on where the case stands. The lawyer has said he is reviewing the state's case and may file additional court motions.“

WHY is MEGAN’s attorney giving the update? Where is the prosecuting attorney in this mess? Or the judge?

I don’t like how this case is heading.
I don't either.

Yes, I'll be shortening this up a bit...

Friday, July 31st:
*Announcement Hearing (via video) (@ 9am ET) - TN – Evelyn Mae Boswell (15 mos. DOB 11/21/18) (last seen Dec. 26, 2019, Blountville, Sullivan County, reported missing Feb. 18, 2020 by State of Tenn. Dept. Child Services; Evelyn’s remains were found on Mar. 6, 2020 at a family member’s property at the 500 block of Muddy Creek Road in Sullivan County; officially id’d 3/11/20). *Megan “Maggie” Boswell (18/now 19) aka Maggie Wood aka Megan Nicole Kys “mother” arrested & charged (2/25/20) with 1 count of false reporting. Bond set at $25K. Bond increased (3/9/20) to $150K.
Indicted (5/18/20) & charged (5/28/20) with 11 counts of false reporting. Plead not guilty. Bond stays set at $150K.
Court info from 2/20/20 thru 4/27/20 reference post #1007 here:
Found Deceased - TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #8

5/8/20 Update: Boswell appeared before a judge via video conference Friday morning. Lawyers reviewing the case said they needed more time to review interviews with Megan Bowell before submitting the case to a Grand Jury. State Prosecutor Teresa Nelson said she aims to get an indictment handed down for Boswell by May 20 or when the Grand Jury sits in June. There are more than 25 hours of video interviews of Boswell to review before the case can be submitted. Her attorney asked for an earlier date, giving notice that he intends to seek a reduction in her bond. The court set a separate hearing for that bond reduction request on May 28, and not sooner because the request is still in draft, & the defense lawyer wishes to tweek it a bit. Her arraignment hearing has been reset on June 19. The Sheriff's Office said they have identified multiple persons of interest in the investigation of Evelyn Boswell's death over the past several weeks. Arraignment changed to 5/28.
5/20/20 Update: Wednesday afternoon, officials with the Sullivan County District Attorney’s Office confirmed that a grand jury has indicted (5/18/20) Megan Boswell on 11 counts of false report charges. All 11 incidents Megan is charged for happened between February 18 and 23rd. See post #994 for all 11 counts:
Found Deceased - TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #8

5/28/20 Update: Waives reading of charges & plead not guilty. Motion to reduce bond-dismissed. Bond remains the same. Defense motion for discovery-granted. Next hearing on 7/31/20. Defense attorny Sproles said he may have additional motions to file after reviewing the State's evidence.
Associated cases:
*Angela Mae Boswell (42) – Possession of stolen vehicle & violation of probation. Probation: hearing on 10/1/20. Stolen car: hearing on 9/2/20 & bound over to Grand Jury. Walmart theft: hearing on 5/14/20. Bound over. Theft: Goes to Grand Jury on 10/1/20.
*William Boyden Bryant McCloud (33) – Child abuse, violation of protective order: announcement hearing on 9/24/20. Shoplifting charge: hearing on 8/11/20. Possession of stolen vehicle: hearing on 8/14/20.
*Larry Chad Fields (37) – Aggravated burglary & theft: hearing on 8/13/20.

They did say GJ on the 19th of Aug.

Filing a false report is a low-level felony with a penalty range of two to four years, only a third of which must be served behind bars. Because Megan Boswell has no criminal history, she would likely receive the minimum two-year sentence if convicted and is presumed under the law to be eligible for probation.

Sullivan County District Attorney General Barry Staubus did not directly address the issue of Megan Boswell's bond in the false report case at Friday's hearing. He signaled, though, that the investigation into her daughter's death may soon be ripe for grand jury consideration.

Without complaint from Sproles, Goodwin left Megan Boswell's bond intact and postponed her hearing in the false report case until Aug. 28.

No charges in Evelyn Boswell's death after Megan Boswell in court

Prosecutors told Judge James Goodwin that they wished to bring another matter to the grand jury regarding her case.
Prosecutors said they wished to move the hearing to a time after August 19.

Megan’s attorney Brad Sproles asked for a date of August 28, saying that if Megan had been convicted of the charges she’s facing, she would have already been close to being eligible for release.

Megan Boswell court appearance reset after prosecutors cite ‘another matter’ for grand jury | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Did anyone else think she looked pregnant in the court video? I know stripes are not a woman’s friend, but she looked really round. I pray justice will be served for Baby Evelyn.
I don’t think she is pregnant, just probably the jail diet and not a lot of exercise. Plus she was not real petite when she was arrested. I too pray for justice for Baby Evelyn.

Prosecutors told Judge James Goodwin that they wished to bring another matter to the grand jury regarding her case.
Prosecutors said they wished to move the hearing to a time after August 19.

Megan’s attorney Brad Sproles asked for a date of August 28, saying that if Megan had been convicted of the charges she’s facing, she would have already been close to being eligible for release.

Megan Boswell court appearance reset after prosecutors cite ‘another matter’ for grand jury | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather
Could this mean the charges may be directly related to Evelyn’s death? I’m hoping so!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back