Found Deceased FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the truck was in fact, sold, I imagine that neither man would be overly concerned about a title.

Likewise, though whether a legally recognizable sale occurred might be easy to determine, any inquiry into whether or not the truck was considered sold or stolen by the parties involved could get hopelessly bogged down into muddy and fuzzy and muddy verbal agreements such as

- Was the sale conditional and based on certain conditions being met before the sale would be final?
- Was the truck truly sold, or..... was it on long term loan or lease? If so, could the lease be retracted?
- Was the truck being used as collateral for something?

Regardless of the possible fuzzy detail, it goes with out saying that nobody needed to get killed over this.

I'm not sure that was even the motive, but even his defense attorney wont put that up as an excuse unless he or she is an idiot.

That would only inflame the jury against the defendant knowing he resorted to cold blooded murder of three men over a stupid truck motor. If it's even true. Until SJudd says he has found evidence that it happened, and if so ..who actually did it, I won't rely on any of the three arrested or someone else not with LE. I don't trust Robert either like some may do. If SJudd has confirmed all of it then I missed it.

He really won't have a defense with or without the truck motor incident.

He murdered all three men in cold blood. He murdered them all, and if more had gone fishing with the three young men that night they too would be dead. When he left to go on his murder hunt he knew then he was going to kill them all.

We've seen many cases where druggies call the police because someone stole their illegal drugs.

So if he really did steal the truck motor others would have also known about it in this small community, and it would have gotten back to LE already before the triple murders even happened, imo. If it happened it makes no sense why he wouldn't call LE to report it.

It makes no sense either this was all about one man, and a truck motor. He knew all three would be there defenseless when he came to murder everyone.

Imo, the triple murderer is not one to keep his mouth shut. Imo he was the community bully so imo, he would have already threatened, and approached Keven the day it was "stolen."

Imo, The supposed stolen truck motor will be irrelevant in the trial itself. He didn't just murder one...he murdered ALL of them. That fact can't be stressed enough.

If he had just murdered Keven, that's still not going to fly either with his jury. If his target was only Keven he could have easily done it when he was alone.

It wasn't like Keven was hiding out from the man he knew already was an extremely violent man prone to retaliate. . .

What he did is absolutely indefensible. Imo, I also don't see the DA agreeing to any type of plea deal with him either.

This time he's not going to be able to worm his way of going to prison for life, and he will be lucky if he's not sent to DR.

Like most psychopaths do he will plea NG. If convicted his jury will impose death if it's a DP case.

Jmhoo

Last edited:
Brandon's father said in the news report that he could hear "fussing" in the background while Brandon was asking for "help" using his cell phone.

"Fussing" is arguing so, I think, the call must have come during the time when TW was demanding to know where his truck was and K was denying knowing anything about it.

An alternative would be that TW and either M or RW were arguing after the murders and Brandon was still alive. But, then I would expect to see the cell phone with Brandon and not inside the truck. When we learn the time of the phone call and insert it into the timeline that should clear that up, imo.
All jmo.

The early reports said that he called after they left, but those reports were wrong about a lot of details. This article put the phone call to dad “around 10:06”. The time of the call should be easy to confirm once they found the phone, unless they couldn’t open it I guess. 3 Florida friends ‘massacred’ during fishing trip

I wonder if, tho it would be awfully thin, TJ thinks this tale of BR reaching behind the seat will be some kind of defense?

@Seattle1 , I find your observations on the DG video to be very reasonable.

I don't see how that would amount to a defense though. If TW felt threatened by Brandon's "reaching behind the seat" I think he would have escalated the situation right then and there with BR as his first focal point. Rather than confront BR beyond shoving him, TW saw KS and chose to walk around the truck to KS's window and began an argument with KS at that time. Iow, when TW was "supposed to be worried about what BR was doing" he had actually walked away from BR and was focused completely on KS. Imo, it seems that TW wasn't even thinking about "BR and behind his truck seat" while he argued with KS, punched KS in the face, and most likely then killed KS first by shooting him in the neck and the head. Then his focus turned to BR and then DT.

Last edited:
I wonder if we will get to see a transcript of the confession referred to in the video above. I just read Roberts interview again. He spoke right up when confronted with evidence.

I'm sure we will. Florida really does have an excellent open sunshine law, and they not only have the sunshine law they follow through with it by providing the evidence documents as the cases go through the justice system.

We learn far more evidence in detail before a trial is held if they occured in Florida.

Jmho

According to the Arrest Affidavit -- when TJ got out of the truck driven by Robert, he first approached Brandon that was standing, shining a flashlight and allegedly reaching behind the seat when TJ started yelling, rushed him, and pushed Brandon into the open truck door.

That's when TJ supposedly noticed Keven in the driver's seat and pulled the handgun from his waist and walked around the back of the truck to Keven.

I think it was at this moment that Brandon phoned his dad for help. I think Brandon knew this wasn't going to end well. And if it's true that Brandon recently witnessed TJ attack another victim with a crowbar -- eeek!

I've since heard Mr. Rollins also comment how Brandon didn't phone 911 -- and how he called his daddy because he knew he'd be right there. :(

Perhaps in Frostproof, 911 isn't necessarily the first call that local men make when there's trouble. I can somewhat understand that given this is Polk County (i.e., Judd county) where calling 911 means somebody's getting locked up. Maybe they first want to try and work it out among men.

In this case -- it would have been the best thing if 911 called because TJ would have been caught red-handed with a gun in his possession and his bond that he should have never been given revoked.

MOO
BBM- how sad. He called his dad first. :(
This is just so horrific to have 3 men murdered in cold blood.

They also mentioned in the video that TJ tried to say when he hit KS, the gun went off. That don’t fly, what about the other 2? That gun must have been defective.

Really. If I tried to punch someone for some reason and my gun (which was in my hand but that I apparently didn't intend to actually use?) went off and shot the person... I'd be the first one calling 911.

By TW's "reasoning" then... once you accidentally shoot someone one time, you might as well shoot them another time to make sure they're dead and kill both their friends while you're at it. The whole incident could have been avoided if you just hadn't had the bad luck to shoot them once by accident. I don't mean this as an insult but I think TW's lawyer will be wise to request TW's mental abilities be tested before trial.

Last edited:
I wondered about that, too. I was trying to figure out how that "compound" had been approached the day of the arrest. As in, how many police cars and officers went out there for the arrest? Did an officer or two just walk on up to the door and knock? Did they use a loud speaker to draw them out of their "abodes?" Approaching unpredictable situations like that are a great reason to appreciate police officers, imo.

The Sheriff said "they had to walk through the woods" at the Press briefing.

It this was a situation of one man shooting another when he saw him reaching behind the seat, I think that would be a prudent position.

I don't see TJ getting much traction using that defense here with 3 men dead and two witnesses-- neither that ever mentioned feeling threatened or their lives in danger.

To my knowledge, no weapons were found in the vehicles of the victims.

Tire iron? Baseball bat? Fish Billy?

Brandon was a witness to the upcoming trial for Tj breaking the guy's arm w/ crowbar over
a road rage incident. Brandon was there when it happened.
So I believe Tj wanted them all taken out.

I read the "road rage" arrest warrant and discovery detail and I found no evidence that BR was present or a witness to the incident where TJ threatened plaintiff #1 and injured plaintiff #2 after breaking his arm with a crowbar. (Plaintiff believed TJ was going to strike him in the head with the crowbar and raised his arm to protect his head -- broken forearm required metal plate & screws in the arm).

The complaint reads that TG was tailgating the plaintiff and his gf when they slowed to allow another vehicle to pull on to the roadway causing TJ (driving an F150) to lock his brakes.

The plaintiffs pulled over on the road to allow TJ to pass but instead, he pulled up behind their vehicle and got out of his truck. The report goes on to state that all 4 persons got out of the vehicles including Plaintiff #1, Plaintiff #2, and somebody identified as Tony Griffin. I believe TG was actually TJ.

It's further noted that an investigator talked to TJ's mom who stated she was talking to TJ on the phone when he said he struck the plaintiff with a crowbar.

Mom (KK) is on the witness list as well as brother RW. I'm now wondering if RW was the 4th person that got out of the truck? I also do not see the fictional TG named on the witness list whereas RW is on the list.

I find this road rage incident relevant to this case because RW's name showed up. If RW was in-fact traveling with TJ and a witness to TJ attacking an unknown couple it would be a pattern of RW standing by while TJ goes on the attack.

Do you know them? I didn't see that in any reports for case 2020CF002134000XX in Polk County, where was this information? I saw HL and BS and TJ's mom on the witness list, and TG was in the vehicle with TJ at the time, but nothing I see about Brandon.

DEMAND RECIPROCAL DISCOVERY & NOTICE OF ALIBI has the list of all the folks that would be witness at Welcome to Polk Records Online, the Polk County Clerk of Court’s consolidated case records search application. Please select from the available options.

RSBM
I find this road rage incident relevant to this case because RW's name showed up. If RW was in-fact traveling with TJ and a witness to TJ attacking an unknown couple it would be a pattern of RW standing by while TJ goes on the attack.

Good catch! I missed that Robert was also on the witness list. Wierd how the AA had another name?

The statement you made of RW standing by TJ (?covering for?)... check out another one....

you'll wanna take a peak then at the affidavits associated with case 2020CF000515A000XX from 1/21/2020 for TJ, and tell me if you think that the brothers were being truthful, or Robert was covering for TJ. (dispute on property with a neighbor, shotguns out and pistol out, but TJ denied as did Robert that TJ had weapon ('cause, you know he's a felon and not supposed to have one).. became a he said he said... and supposedly only Robert had a gun, although the neighbor said differently.) MOO Case was dropped as couldn't move forward due to differing stories - became a "no bill" prosecution.

Welcome to Polk Records Online, the Polk County Clerk of Court’s consolidated case records search application. Please select from the available options.

ETA: I wish I knew how to find out exact incarceration dates in State Prison for TJ. When did he get out from his latest 4 year sentence?

Last edited:
What makes me really sad is the fact that in the end it’s all of the families that are gonna suffer. The people that are innocent in this. The families of B, K and D. And the families of the ones involved. It’s such a messed up situation and nobody wins.

When I look at the footage at the Dollar Store of the exchange between DT and TJ, it looks to me like TJ ends the exchange exasperated - throwing his hands up in the air, repeatedly fussing with a cigarette. As far as he's concerned, the 'encounter' isn't over and hasn't settled anything. He looks really wound up to me.

I have assumed (right or wrong) that the exchange was TJ wanting to talk to DT about his 'stolen' truck and KS's whereabouts.

In any case, why on earth would DT tell the cashier he's going fishing with KS immediately after leaving the store when TJ and friends are standing right there listening and he knows TJ wants to confront Keven?

To me it looked like Damion paid with a debit card.

What makes me really sad is the fact that in the end it’s all of the families that are gonna suffer. The people that are innocent in this. The families of B, K and D. And the families of the ones involved. It’s such a messed up situation and nobody wins.

That is a max security deal there. With this being such a high profile situation, I’d think that they have them isolated in max custody.

Did you all see the report from Polk Co where the officer goes to TJs home to ask questions and gets assaulted, hit in the head and TJ ran. Guy is a regular outlaw. It’s from Sept of 2018.

That is a max security deal there. With this being such a high profile situation, I’d think that they have them isolated in max custody.

Did you all see the report from Polk Co where the officer goes to TJs home to ask questions and gets assaulted, hit in the head and TJ ran. Guy is a regular outlaw. It’s from Sept of 2018.

I don't find a case from Sep 2018. What is the Polk County case number?

You have to wonder why he was still free?

You have to wonder why he was still free?

Yep, he attacked someone and broke their arm with a tire iron on 3/10/2020 and was out on a total of only $6,000 bond (paid $600 and he was out again). His pretrial on that case was/is?? 7/30/2020.. in 5 days.

This incident was a bad injury, a compound fracture (defined as when bone sticks out from skin when broken :eek::eek:) that required plates and screws... and more than one surgery. Heck, he wasn't even the one driving and he did this! (per above comments, it looks most likely that his brother Robert was driving the old F150)

ETA: Something I just noticed, is that the judge for the attack case is the same one for this murder case. (William D. Sites). The judge has seen this guy before!

Last edited:
Do you know them? I didn't see that in any reports for case 2020CF002134000XX in Polk County, where was this information? I saw HL and BS and TJ's mom on the witness list, and TG was in the vehicle with TJ at the time, but nothing I see about Brandon.

Welcome to Polk Records Online, the Polk County Clerk of Court’s consolidated case records search application. Please select from the available options.
I was just about to ask the same question.
I do not see Brandon on the witness list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member