Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two thoughts:

2). Did you notice he’s referring to his client as “Lori Vallow (Daybell)”. The parentheses must be driving her nuts and that pleases me to no end.
sbbm
I think this is the first attempt at "distancing" LVD from CD - as her Atty he needs to give her an out (even if she is not choosing one right now). Also, it may be a clue that the formal paperwork in HI was never filed for marriage and they only did a ceremony (afterall, God knew they were married multiple times in previous lives . . . details, details).
JMO

Thanks for the follow up.

"Yes, Mark is regularly working with Lori on their defense." BBM. Wouldn't that technically be her defense? MM doesn't have to defend himself. He mentioned gigabytes of new data in the last hearing, so they probably have a lot to go through. As for him being part of the 144k, I think he stated in a press conference (way back) that he wasn't Mormon.
BIBM
I forgot that they talked about that much data coming in to the defense at the last hearing. MM & LVD are probably going through page by page of evidence against her. Meanwhile, she spins stories of how she was wronged. IMO

We have been talking about MM & JP sharing offices and maybe a paralegal. I am even more concerned they are working in concert for CD & LVD and both legal defense cases are getting too combined - offering some point down the road for them to take advantage of saying "ineffective assistance of counsel" claims. The wording on both of those motions from each respective Atty was cut and pasted (IMO) and does not show true and independent representation of each individual's interest. Ugh. . . . maybe it is just me but it is already smelling of the "eternal bog of stench".

Regarding needing a change of venue, I still hold strong to the belief they could find people here.

I know a few people who don’t have cable or internet. I also know people like my husband who don’t really care to follow the news because they don’t believe news reporters tell the truth. He prefers hard sourced evidence like court docs, scientific journals, etc.

All jmo

sbbm
I think this is the first attempt at "distancing" LVD from CD - as her Atty he needs to give her an out (even if she is not choosing one right now). Also, it may be a clue that the formal paperwork in HI was never filed for marriage and they only did a ceremony (afterall, God knew they were married multiple times in previous lives . . . details, details).
JMO

LE confirmed they were married in one of the warrants/affidavits. When charges were filed, LE did not know (factually) that they were married and used the name on her drivers licenses/official records. Now that it has been confirmed she is married, the court documents also put her new married name in parenthesis. They continue to use Vallow because the original records/warrants were Vallow and she likely never changed her name with social security, etc.

ETA: IANAL and this is MOO based on experience.

Since murder and conspiracy to murder charges haven’t been filed against CD or LVD, I am guessing it will be many months before all the different law enforcement agencies tie it all together. Too bad they weren’t seeing all this for what it was from the beginning, regarding the deaths of Tammy and Charles and Joseph. If they filed charges today, the defense would say Alex committed all the murders and the juries could believe it. (I don’t)

Likely, LE and FBI has much digital evidence to go through dating back to when LVD was divorcing JR. I pray all the phone records lead to more search warrants and even more arrests.

I’m still waiting to see confirmation she really is pregnant. To the best of my knowledge we think she is because LE told BB that MB told them she was pregnant. I have no doubt Mel told LE she’s carrying Ian’s baby but that doesn’t mean mean much coming from her. Did she look pregnant in her TV interviews w/grandma Cox?
If MBP wasn't pregnant, I doubt IP would stick around for this long. The current situation appears to preclude him form seeing his own kids.

I think there would be a new one if it's not a court he works out of (he was at Madison County for LVD's initial hearings), but I'm more wondering how a change of venue affects the prosecutorial team.

@AZlawyer do you know?

Change of venue would normally have no effect on the prosecution team but normally WOULD mean a change of judge. I had a case, though, where venue was changed to another county and the assigned judge was simply made a “judge pro tem” of the other county and stayed on the case. Neither party asked for or objected to this move—I just found it odd as it was the first time in 25 years of law practice I had seen that happen.

Turns out I was wrong about the date of purchase of Tylee's Jeep. Upon rechecking from official sources, the vehicle (VIN 1C4GJXAN6JW326205) was titled in Texas on Friday, May 24th 2019, the day before JJ's 7th birthday. It was purchased new from a dealer in Spring, TX, a northern suburb of Houston.

The next verified sighting we have of the Jeep is on August 30, by Colby Ryan. Tylee told police at Charles's shooting site that she had driven a vehicle alone from Texas to Arizona. Presumably she was referring to the Jeep. I can find no information as to when this drive may have taken place.

The report from the official government "check to see if the car you are thinking of buying has been stolen" is attached.

Attachments

• D0CF06C0-6FDD-43A4-BACB-AE602DD42446_1C4GJXAN6JW326205.pdf
    157.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
It's the weekend and instead of additional charges, it's just been legal wrangling which could possibly affect a change of venue. Assuming they get new charges and they are not federal charges, could the cases be tried out of state?

I just watched the attached CourtTV video about Chad the grave digger and at the 15:52 mark, it's said that the state of Utah has the DP. If they are tried in Utah do the sentences and penalties then pertain to Utah law or revert back to wherever the crimes were committed? I'm not a legal person and know absolutely nothing about the rules and laws about all this.
TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members