Identified! NV - Wellington, WhtMale 574UMNV, 35-50, Off Sand Canyon Road, Mar'92 - #2 - Vincent Marion Trapp

It looks to me like it could be some kind of variation on the "Zia" sun symbol (the one that's on the New Mexico flag Flag of New Mexico - Wikipedia), also called the sun face. It's popular on jewelry from the southwest.

But I can also see it might be the caduceus.

Does Fox have a thread here?

It looks to me like it could be some kind of variation on the "Zia" sun symbol (the one that's on the New Mexico flag Flag of New Mexico - Wikipedia), also called the sun face. It's popular on jewelry from the southwest.

Not yet. You asked me to create one. I've never done that. Is there a process?

I just created one. I tried to edit it to include the case number in the title but I don't know how to do it, so I just put it in the body of the text. If you advise me if there is another way, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

I was contacted today by a detective in regards to this cold case due to being a dna match to John Doe. From the amount of dna it looks like he is my half uncle. I am an avid ancestry researcher and have done my Ancestry dna which is how i was found. hoping to be able to help out as much as possible to bring closure and hopefully find a suspect. I'm still reading through all of the thread but I will be sending my family information to the detective who called in hopes that it will help identify him. I am reaching out to family to find out if anyone has info on a missing relative, as with most families we are scattered all over and not much contact between the generations. I was only 7 in 1992 and have never met this side of my family but seeing all the love and hard work all of you are doing fills my heart with such joy.

I was contacted today by a detective in regards to this cold case due to being a dna match to John Doe. From the amount of dna it looks like he is my half uncle. I am an avid ancestry researcher and have done my Ancestry dna which is how i was found. hoping to be able to help out as much as possible to bring closure and hopefully find a suspect. I'm still reading through all of the thread but I will be sending my family information to the detective who called in hopes that it will help identify him. I am reaching out to family to find out if anyone has info on a missing relative, as with most families we are scattered all over and not much contact between the generations. I was only 7 in 1992 and have never met this side of my family but seeing all the love and hard work all of you are doing fills my heart with such joy.

Thank you for reaching out. We will all be grateful if this Doe is identified.

I was contacted today by a detective in regards to this cold case due to being a dna match to John Doe. From the amount of dna it looks like he is my half uncle. I am an avid ancestry researcher and have done my Ancestry dna which is how i was found. hoping to be able to help out as much as possible to bring closure and hopefully find a suspect. I'm still reading through all of the thread but I will be sending my family information to the detective who called in hopes that it will help identify him. I am reaching out to family to find out if anyone has info on a missing relative, as with most families we are scattered all over and not much contact between the generations. I was only 7 in 1992 and have never met this side of my family but seeing all the love and hard work all of you are doing fills my in heart with such joy.
Welcome to Websleuths @Twinmomma19 Fingers crossed that your research helps identify him!

Welcome to Websleuths and thank you for updating us. Our family is like that too so I know what you mean about figuring out which relative it might be. Fingers crossed!

This is awesome news and at the same time, sad news for you and your family. But the bright spot, is that he's getting closer to being back home with his family and having his name back!! We certainly will be grateful when he is identified.

Thank you everyone. I haven't been feeling well the last few days so I havn't been on WS, but something told me to hop on here tonight because I was thinking about this poor guy cause I've been following this from the start, and really love that there are 2 detectives so devoted to getting this man his name back, and so I read over some of what i've been missing and felt like I should try my millionth search for this hawk shirt, not expecting much...but then...there it was! I had to yell at my hubby to come look at it and make sure I wasn't just imagining things cause i've looked at so many hawks lol.
I haven't seen law enforcement so active on WS until this thread.!! It's awesome that they're using WS as a tool.

This is awesome!! DNA is the way of the future. If enough people upload to ancestry/23 and me/etc. we will be able to solve so much crime with DNA evidence!!!

I haven't seen law enforcement so active on WS until this thread.!! It's awesome that they're using WS as a tool.

I wish they could have kept us in the loop after all our activity, but between job changes and the investigation reaching a sensitive point, I'm not sure when we'll get an update.

But it was very exciting to be working as part of a team like that.

Any updates on this case?

He has changed jobs and isn't involved in the case any more.

It sounded like there might have been progress but it wasn't anything that could be shared with the public. The only thing I could confirm was that the Wellington LE were still working on the case.

He has changed jobs and isn't involved in the case any more.

It sounded like there might have been progress but it wasn't anything that could be shared with the public. The only thing I could confirm was that the Wellington LE were still working on the case.

I guess we could get in touch with the present detective looking after this case. I presume @Twinmomma19 was talking about the detective who contacted her being the one that took over for M Marty.

Coincidentally, while I was looking at ruleouts to update our listings, I ran across somebody who isn't on any of our lists. Bruce Knight, last seen in November 1989.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) (overenlarged and fuzzy but best I could do)
The Doe Network: Bruce Michael Knight - 4873DMMO

Original-96.jpeg Sand Canyon John Doe.jpg

Height, weight, age, timeframe are all in range. There are some possible tattoos that would rule him out, but the only definite one is on Knight's hand, and SCJD's hands weren't found.

Thoughts? I feel like I'm probably overlooking something.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back