Found Safe IN - Hannah Potts, 23, Princeton, missing after FB live video saying kidnapped - 24 July 2020

anonypotomous

Reaction score

Attachments

• 109965287_10158359046896422_3051871366906642608_n.jpg
    109965287_10158359046896422_3051871366906642608_n.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 160
What's that electronic sound around 44 seconds in? It sounds very familiar to me but I can't place it. Is it a sound coming from her other phone? I read on one of the links that she had 2 phones with her. If she was whispering then I would think that sound would have alarmed her or someone else in the vicinity (she said they didn't know she had a phone). Also, I noticed a cry from a small child in the background later in the video (2:22) -- it sounds like she's not in complete isolation.

If she's posting a Facebook live video, why does she keep asking to hear her mom's voice? "Mom are you there? Hello? Mom if you can hear me please say something. I really need to hear your voice." She sounds a bit confused. "You gotta tell the cops everything." Maybe too confused to call the police? I know if I were terrified I might freeze and forget how to call 911 on a cell phone or something... but then why not say at the beginning "I've been kidnapped! I'm locked in a room and need help!" etc, rather than asking to hear her mom's voice? There wasn't a real sense of urgency or rush -- it sounded like she was sort of resigned to dying. Very disturbing.

What's that electronic sound around 44 seconds in? It sounds very familiar to me but I can't place it. Is it a sound coming from her other phone? I read on one of the links that she had 2 phones with her. If she was whispering then I would think that sound would have alarmed her or someone else in the vicinity (she said they didn't know she had a phone). Also, I noticed a cry from a small child in the background later in the video (2:22) -- it sounds like she's not in complete isolation.

If she's posting a Facebook live video, why does she keep asking to hear her mom's voice? "Mom are you there? Hello? Mom if you can hear me please say something. I really need to hear your voice." She sounds a bit confused. "You gotta tell the cops everything." Maybe too confused to call the police? I know if I were terrified I might freeze and forget how to call 911 on a cell phone or something... but then why not say at the beginning "I've been kidnapped! I'm locked in a room and need help!" etc, rather than asking to hear her mom's voice? There wasn't a real sense of urgency or rush -- it sounded like she was sort of resigned to dying. Very disturbing.
The sounds in the background are from the person recording the Facebook live. The person who posted it said to ignore the weird noises because it was coming from their house.

To me it sounded like she thought she'd dialed her mother's phone number, not that she thought she was making a video/audio. Either way, she did sound genuinely afraid, IMO. Praying Hannah will be found safe!

MOO

The sounds in the background are from the person recording the Facebook live. The person who posted it said to ignore the weird noises because it was coming from their house.
Oh, sorry, I didn't see that clarification. So someone else recorded this message which was what originally, a voice mail from Hanna to her mom, and posted it on Facebook Live? I'm not really sure how that works.

Oh, sorry, I didn't see that clarification. So someone else recorded this message which was what originally, a voice mail from Hanna to her mom, and posted it on Facebook Live? I'm not really sure how that works.

Ohhhh....ok, I guess I misunderstood. I thought she'd made it as a video...it makes more sense if it was actually a voice mail from a phone. Thank you!

If you had a phone, why would you call your mom and not the emergency number?

I wondered the same thing, but in all honesty, it would be much easier to speed dial my mom in a pinch than to remember how to call 911. I keep reviewing how to do it on my phone -- I have to press a couple buttons a certain number of times in succession -- and I still can never remember exactly what to do because it's not anything I've ever had to do before! But it does sound like she had a good amount of time -- almost 4 minutes at least -- so it does seem odd she didn't call police. She sounds quite disoriented and confused to me.

I wondered the same thing, but in all honesty, it would be much easier to speed dial my mom in a pinch than to remember how to call 911. I keep reviewing how to do it on my phone -- I have to press a couple buttons a certain number of times in succession -- and I still can never remember exactly what to do because it's not anything I've ever had to do before! But it does sound like she had a good amount of time -- almost 4 minutes at least -- so it does seem odd she didn't call police. She sounds quite disoriented and confused to me.
Three numbers is difficult?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back