Found Safe IN - Hannah Potts, 23, Princeton, missing after FB live video saying kidnapped - 24 July 2020

I just listened to the audio and the last thing she said seems out of place to me if I heard it correctly she said "You have every right to feel the way you feel about your kids..." I listened to it a few times and that is what I heard. Did I hear it correctly and if so what does that mean? I'm going to listen to it again and see if anything else jumps out at me.

Any numbers are difficult sometimes in an emergency. I had a situation where I had to call 911. My hands were shaking so bad it took several tries.

But...yeah. This is weird.

Totally agree!
Had to ring 999 (I'm in the UK) when my Dad lost consciousness/had a heart attack, have never struggled to make a phonecall so much in my life! My fingers were wobbling and my brain went to jelly!

re: FBI. I had to check because if FBI is involved, it would be really concerning.

But here it says: "The FBI office in Indianapolis tells Eyewitness News that agents in Evansville have offered assistance to the Gibson County Sheriff’s Office if needed and are monitoring the situation after a woman went missing in Princeton.

FBI monitoring Gibson County missing person case | Eyewitness News (WEHT/WTVW)

I wonder if there's any history of a mental disorder...that would lead to a disassociation of some sort.

The transcript (from True Crime Society)

“Mom are you there? Hello? Mom if you can hear me please say something. I really need to hear your voice. Somethings happened. I was out taking those pictures of the animals and this guy came out of nowhere. it was the same guy I saw yesterday morning in the maroon car. He grabbed me, he pushed me into the trunk. Oh god. Where is he gonna take me? Mom please. Think Hannah, think. He um… He’s black, he’s about um, Jerry’s height, Jerry I work with. He’s, he’s.. He um… his voice is deep and kind of the way he called me ‘baby girl’ sent shivers down my spine, I don’t like it. Please mom, if you’re there can you please say something to me? I’m in a room… there’s a little light, four room, four walls… and uh I don’t think they know I have the phone so you gotta tell, you gotta tell the cops everything that, you gotta show them this video so maybe they can find me and um I don’t know where he uh, where did he say, he said something about Ohio. God mom, I love you. Tell dad I love him too. Take care of Gigi for me. Please if I don’t make it back, I love you. I love you so much. I don’t know, I don’t know (inaudible) if I don’t make it home, will you ask Robin to take… care of Ringo for me. Um, did you, tell robin to take care of Marvin too. Tell Gina I said thank you for everything she’s done for me at work. You have every right to feel the way you need to about your kids.”​

She names a single person "he", then switches pronouns to "they". So how many are there?

I looked at her FB page. She seems like a lovely farm girl. I don't think this is a Hoax. I hope they can find her by the cell phone tower. Fast.
They should be able to track her cell phone since she stayed on it for such a length of time hopefully they will find her quick. How accurate are phone tower records? I mean within how many miles of the location of the phone can they get?

re: FBI. I had to check because if FBI is involved, it would be really concerning.

But here it says: "The FBI office in Indianapolis tells Eyewitness News that agents in Evansville have offered assistance to the Gibson County Sheriff’s Office if needed and are monitoring the situation after a woman went missing in Princeton.

FBI monitoring Gibson County missing person case | Eyewitness News (WEHT/WTVW)

I wonder if there's any history of a mental disorder...that would lead to a disassociation of some sort.

I don’t know. Her FB is limited. I noticed that in 2019 she wrote she had been hacked. That’s does occur sometimes but I’d like to know the circumstance.

What’s odd to me in this case:
1. The tone and phrasing in the video.
2. She’s actually made a video. Not a call. The transcript makes that clear. Did she send the video via text message or FB? That’s a lot of work for someone “panicked”.
3. She tells her mom to call the police and “show them this video” but she doesn’t call the police herself. If she can make a video and have the wherewithal to send it somehow to her mom, she can call the cops.
4. Susan Smith type reference to the captor.
5. Could not sleep so wandered the area at 2:00 am.
6. Taking photos of the animals at 2:00 a.m.
7. The probability of a stranger being at that location (rather isolated area, I understand) coincidentally at 2:00 am when she just happened to wander around the farm because she couldn’t sleep. And since she could describe the guy but didn’t recognize him, he must be a stranger.

If it wasn’t for the tone in the video, I might wonder about the possibility of arranging to meet up with some dude from the internet and that going badly.

In the video recording and transcript-
Hannah first describes "Him or He" singular
Then she says, "uh I don’t think 'THEY" know I have the phone so you gotta tell, you gotta tell the cops."
I am just curious if there is only ONE or how many are with her ?
Also "He said something about "OHIO" Hmmm ???
And then there is this- "You have every right to feel the way you need to about your kids.”
Very Strange indeed.
??????????

I don’t know. Her FB is limited. I noticed that in 2019 she wrote she had been hacked. That’s does occur sometimes but I’d like to know the circumstance.

2. She’s actually made a video. Not a call. The transcript makes that clear. Did she send the video via text message or FB? That’s a lot of work for someone “panicked”.
3. She tells her mom to call the police and “show them this video” but she doesn’t call the police herself. If she can make a video and have the wherewithal to send it somehow to her mom, she can call the cops.
7. The probability of a stranger being at that location (rather isolated area, I understand) coincidentally at 2:00 am when she just happened to wander around the farm because she couldn’t sleep. And since she could describe the guy but didn’t recognize him, he must be a stranger.

If it wasn’t for the tone in the video, I might wonder about the possibility of arranging to meet up with some dude from the internet and that going badly.
Couldn't sleep so went out at 2 am? this is new to me. where exactly was she taking those photos of the animals?
she says "I was out taking those pictures of the animals" ..."those" appears to be something planned?

I'm guessing..he picked her up and put her in the trunk and took her someplace were 'they' are with maybe others.
I pray they find her soon and she's alive.
Hannah is 6'1 tall -- pretty tall, big farm girl.
I just cant imagine ONE guy just picking her up and tossing her in a trunk, unless he knocked her out somehow.
JMO

This stood out to me as super odd in context:

“He um… his voice is deep and kind of the way he called me ‘baby girl’ sent shivers down my spine, I don’t like it.“

I would expect what would have sent shivers down my spine would be being thrown into a car trunk and kidnapped.

And it would all be more than not liking it.

I totally agree.

1. tone/phrasing
I can chalk a lot of this up to people just acting oddly when they're in unexpected situations. Who knows what might come to my mind to say if I were kidnapped? But some of the phrasing struck me sounding unnatural or melodramatic (e.g. "the way he called me ‘baby girl’ sent shivers down my spine").

Also, she asks, "Where is going to take me" as if she's still in the trunk but then later says that she's in a room, so if anything, she shouldn't be asking where he's going to take her, but where he already did take her.

2. video vs call
Not knowing what kind of phone or apps she's using or how tech-savvy she is, it's hard to say which would require fewer buttons to press, but she references "this video" at the end, so obviously by then she's figured out it's a video. Did she think she was doing some sort of video chat with her mom? There's some apps that you can 'share' a video to FB, but it still takes more than one button-push.

5-6. going out to take animal pics at 2am
As a hobby photographer, I'm struggling to understand this one, simply because the lighting would suck.

-MOO-

To me it sounded like she thought she'd dialed her mother's phone number, not that she thought she was making a video/audio. Either way, she did sound genuinely afraid, IMO. Praying Hannah will be found safe!

MOO

She specifically said, though, to show the cops “this video”. And apparently she did post it to Facebook.

ETA: From the true crime link on page one, her sister stated this.

I just listened to the audio and the last thing she said seems out of place to me if I heard it correctly she said "You have every right to feel the way you feel about your kids..." I listened to it a few times and that is what I heard. Did I hear it correctly and if so what does that mean? I'm going to listen to it again and see if anything else jumps out at me.

Yeah i find this one odd too.

IF, and hopefully, this event is a psychological issue, she might still be somewhere on this farm?
How big is it, are there woods bordering, have all buildings been searched? She may be hiding somewhere, wandering around in woods?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back