Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *kidnapping arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets reintroduce all possibilities of disposal at this point perhaps. Does the summer weather coincide with a shallow soil area? Is she missing at this point still because she is in a secluded forested area? Bodies of water are a easy go to method I could imagine. Is the victims body in one, and or several segments? A shallow grave within a well traveled area would likely attract flies and animals, most likely becoming evident at this point. Has her body been separated into different locations? Perhaps chemical additives were used, and or industrial equipment to further degrade the victim from the original form? Many industrial strength machines that are used daily, could have aided in the disposal of a person and or item of interest.

I agree this could be the case but I also think he could simply have found those items later after he had disposed of her body and was checking the care and found them under the front seat or down between the door and her seat. He had to get rid of them. I think her shoes are with her wherever she is. MOO MOO MOO
If he found the bra under the seat, that to me anyway would indicate that if she was sexually assaulted, it happened in his car.

Lets reintroduce all possibilities of disposal at this point perhaps. Does the summer weather coincide with a shallow soil area? Is she missing at this point still because she is in a secluded forested area? Bodies of water are a easy go to method I could imagine. Is the victims body in one, and or several segments? A shallow grave within a well traveled area would likely attract flies and animals, most likely becoming evident at this point. Has her body been separated into different locations? Perhaps chemical additives were used, and or industrial equipment to further degrade the victim from the original form? Many industrial strength machines that are used daily, could have aided in the disposal of a person and or item of interest.
Where as the Hazmat team was called out to search a few weekends ago, I wouldn't be surprised if chemicals were used.
Imo Summer weather adds a vast amount of places to conceal a body. No frozen lakes, ....no frozen ground..... lots of tree cover that works against successful searches by air, and rapid regrowth of weeds that would conceal ground disturbance.

The police comment about the cell phone pinging in the area of Harvest Drive on the day of the disappearance is becoming more interesting to me. Upthread it was mentioned that basic cell phone tracking technology gives you approximately a twenty mile location radius of the location of phone...but wouldn’t all of JS’s cell phone activity during the time in question be within 20 miles of Harvest Drive? We aren’t talking about some sprawling crime scene; the abduction was within 20 miles, the suspect’s apartment was within 20 miles, etc. So why call out the Harvest Drive location at all - unless perhaps they have his movements pinpointed more accurately than currently publicly known? And if they are able to use technology to pinpoint him more closely to Harvest Drive, it might also explain why they’ve been looking carefully at one particular location for her remains.

Last edited:
After 12 1/2 yrs in a clink, you could imagine JS would have had a few run ins with this person, or that person! Im sure LE have that angle nailed, but I still wonder what kind of debt, what sort of goof he was in the pen? He might very well have met some fruitloop who mentioned "kids", and when JS got out he hit the fruitloops connections up for some quick dough. I can still see some form of trafficking here suprisingly and somehow.

The press conference stated the search was a "recovery" versus a "rescue".
True, and I believe she's dead too, but do I know for sure? No.
I believe that LE believes she is dead too, but if they knew for sure that she was, and that he was responsible, he would be facing Murder charges, and not Felony Kidnapping charges.

I know it makes more sense to look in the woods but I think someone should check out the area adjacent to Millwood Mennonite Church at 404 Amish Rd. There is a massive cemetery next to it with approximately 800 graves, more graves behind the church building itself and an additional cemetery across the road. JS could have dug up an old sunken in plot and buried her there. If i went to a relatives plot and saw newly turned soil, I would just think someone had recently died. Who would look for Linda Stoltzfoos in a cemetery ? Absolutely no one. Wouldn't hurt to check it out.

This is actually interesting to think about. I believe there is ample evidence from witnesses and family members that it was normal for her to remove her stockings and shoes as she walked. So we know where the stockings ended up. What happened to the shoes she was carrying? Did he have her put them back on? Why?
Maybe he had her put the shoes back on because they were going to be waking through some rough terrain/woods?

True, and I believe she's dead too, but do I know for sure? No.
I believe that LE believes she is dead too, but if they knew for sure that she was, and that he was responsible, he would be facing Murder charges, and not Felony Kidnapping charges.
Don't they need evidence of murder to charge him ? Or can they add that later without evidence ?

Where as the Hazmat team was called out to search a few weekends ago, I wouldn't be surprised if chemicals were used.
Imo Summer weather adds a vast amount of places to conceal a body. No frozen lakes, ....no frozen ground..... lots of tree cover that works against successful searches by air, and rapid regrowth of weeds that would conceal ground disturbance.
Im thinking along the lines of summer weather being more able to expose a dumping site, even from a distance. I would think from my experiences that birds of prey, wasps, flies, bears and other scavengers would make any corpse visible from a distance. I have come across a few dead animals in the bush, first its the odour, second its the sight of flies, and wasps in particular. Ive come across bears eating female deer with the baby still inside. Ive always seen it from a considerable distance. Unless Linda is buried well below the surface, I doubt shes on Terra Firma. IMHO

I know it makes more sense to look in the woods but I think someone should check out the area adjacent to Millwood Mennonite Church at 404 Amish Rd. There is a massive cemetery next to it with approximately 800 graves, more graves behind the church building itself and an additional cemetery across the road. JS could have dug up an old sunken in plot and buried her there. If i went to a relatives plot and saw newly turned soil, I would just think someone had recently died. Who would look for Linda Stoltzfoos in a cemetery ? Absolutely no one. Wouldn't hurt to check it out.
Consider whether this was an impulsive act or premeditated.
Impulsive is going to result in the assault and then he has to think fast. If he killed her right after, and I believe he did, via strangulation, then he has a dead girl with very identifiable clothing. I doubt he would have had tools, etc., to bury her.
Premeditated means he would have thought it out to some extent. Where he would leave her, what to do with her clothes, etc. He may have had tools, etc., in his trunk.
Investigators are both helped and hamstrung by the cell tower pings. It really is a small area so within 10 to 20 miles makes for a more contained search area, but on the other hand more difficult to pinpoint just exactly where he was at what time. I hope there were security cameras.
Moo

Consider whether this was an impulsive act or premeditated.
Impulsive is going to result in the assault and then he has to think fast. If he killed her right after, and I believe he did, via strangulation, then he has a dead girl with very identifiable clothing. I doubt he would have had tools, etc., to bury her.
Premeditated means he would have thought it out to some extent. Where he would leave her, what to do with her clothes, etc. He may have had tools, etc., in his trunk.
Investigators are both helped and hamstrung by the cell tower pings. It really is a small area so within 10 to 20 miles makes for a more contained search area, but on the other hand more difficult to pinpoint just exactly where he was at what time. I hope there were security cameras.
Moo
I believe your first paragraph is pretty close to if not right on the money.

Yes, the statement that LE believed she had been harmed happened after the clothes were found. The reason that harm was suspected was never specified. Obviously, her missing status would be sufficient but, IMO, its weird not to be more specific. I don't know what would be gained by holding back the specific reasoning. One other note: all the statements I can find say something to the effect of "police believe she WAS harmed" as opposed to "police believe she MAY have been harmed."

Here is an example.
Search for Linda Stoltzfoos continues in East Earl Township

If there were blood or other body fluids on objects that LE recovered, it seems highly likely that certain chemical reactions would have taken place; such reactions would have been obvious to LE testing those same recovered items. The nature of the chemical reactions would have been indicative of the nature of physical harm done to LS.

Prudence would dictate that LE not reveal evidence at this time -- especially such evidence that may point to a capital offense. All JMOO.

The police comment about the cell phone pinging in the area of Harvest Drive on the day of the disappearance is becoming more interesting to me. Upthread it was mentioned that basic cell phone tracking technology gives you approximately a twenty mile location radius of the location of phone...but wouldn’t all of JS’s cell phone activity during the time in question be within 20 miles of Harvest Drive? We aren’t talking about some sprawling crime scene; the abduction was within 20 miles, the suspect’s apartment was within 20 miles, etc. So why call out the Harvest Drive location at all - unless perhaps they have his movements pinpointed more accurately than currently publicly known? And if they are able to use technology to pinpoint him more closely to Harvest Drive, it might also explain why they’ve been looking carefully at one particular location for her remains.
I just looked up the distance from Harvest Structures to Welsh Mountain Nature Preserve, it's approximately 14. something miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member