FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am choosing to have some hope for his mama. The person who abducted her - if that's what happened- at least let this sweet boy free. Hopefully they can fast- track DNA testing so the little guy can be returned to family, although I'm sure he is with a good foster family.

I am choosing to have some hope for his mama. The person who abducted her - if that's what happened- at least let this sweet boy free. Hopefully they can fast- track DNA testing so the little guy can be returned to family, although I'm sure he is with a good foster family.

Couple things here, but I like your positivity!

I wonder if the boy was set free or simply wandered off or escaped when he was able to. I realize a 2 year old would not be particularly cognizant of a need to escape a dangerous scenario, but kids always amaze me and you never know.

That being said, if you are right that he was set free, I wonder if the perp here could be a woman? I tend to think a woman might be more sensitive to the life of this child? Of course, another angle is a man who wanted custody of the child. Who knows, I am all over the board because there are so many ways this could play out!

Also, real question, would DNA be needed to return the child to his immediate family? I guess that would make sense.

Eben Brown (Fox) @FoxEbenBrown
19m

#BREAKING: A little more on this. Family social media statements say mother #LeilaCavett is from Dawsonville #Georgia, and it is a mystery as to why the boy would be in #Florida alone.

Google:
Dawsonville, Georgia to Miramar, Florida:

10 h 34 min(708.3 mi)
via I-75 S and Florida's Turnpike

—-

Mapquest:

via I-75 S to FL-91 S
10hr 14min
708mi

EST. FUEL COST: $39.90

1. Start out going east on Highway 9/GA-53/GA-9 toward Bernard Long St
    Then 0.06 miles
  2. Turn slight right onto Highway 53/GA-53.
    1. Highway 53 is just past Gober Sosebee St
      Then 6.43 miles
    1. Highway 53 is just past Gober Sosebee St

3. Turn slight right toward Cumming.

Then 0.06 miles

4. Turn slight right onto Highway 400.

Then 0.22 miles

5. Stay straight to go onto Highway 400/US-19 S/GA-400. Continue to follow US-19 S.

Then 37.50 miles

6. Stay straight to go onto GA-400 S.

Then 7.01 miles

7. Stay straight to go onto I-85 S/GA-403 S.

Then 10.37 miles

8. Keep left to take I-75 S/GA-401 S toward Macon/International.

Then 64.78 miles

9. Keep right to take I-475 S/GA-408 S via EXIT 177 toward I-75 S/Valdosta.

Then 15.59 miles

10. Merge onto I-75 S via the exit on the left(Crossing into Florida).

Then 299.94 miles

11. Keep left to take FL-91 S via EXIT 328toward Orlando (Portions toll).

Then 218.73 miles

12. Take Florida's Turnpike (Portions toll).

Then 30.50 miles

13. Stay straight to go onto Ronald Reagan Turnpike/FL-91 S. Continue to follow FL-91 S (Portions toll).

Then 11.71 miles

14. Merge onto Florida's Turnpike/FL-821 Stoward Homestead (Portions toll).

Then 3.86 miles

15. Take the FL-823/NW 57 Ave/Red Roadexit, EXIT 43.

Then 0.46 miles

16. Turn slight right onto Red Rd/FL-823.

Then 1.01 miles
  17. finish.png

Miramar, Broward County, FL, US, Welcome to MIRAMAR, FL.

Last edited:

I wonder if the boy was set free or simply wandered off or escaped when he was able to. I realize a 2 year old would not be particularly cognizant of a need to escape a dangerous scenario, but kids always amaze me and you never know.

That being said, if you are right that he was set free, I wonder if the perp here could be a woman? I tend to think a woman might be more sensitive to the life of this child? Of course, another angle is a man who wanted custody of the child. Who knows, I am all over the board because there are so many ways this could play out!

Also, real question, would DNA be needed to return the child to his immediate family? I guess that would make sense.

True he could have escaped, maybe even with his mother's help, but at least he wasn't harmed. I'm just assuming they'll have to do a DNA test to prove who he is.

Am reopening this thread as MSM is now available. Am also letting some earlier posts that were in violation stand due to information that has been released in MSM.

Remember: Do NOT post information from, or links to, family social media. Stick to MSM and information from LE.

Thread title has been edited and thread will be moved to Missing Persons Discussion.

Gosh, I didn't realize that Leila is only 20 years old.

I am wondering.
Kamdyn was found wandering the street on Sunday morning, yesterday.
Leila had been missing a few days....we don't know how many days.
So Leila and Kamdyn were together from then until yesterday morning?
I'm just thinking, if Leila had been carjacked or abducted "a few days ago" from Georgia or wherever, was Kamdyn with her, and released only yesterday?
Or did Leila actually drive herself all the way to Miramar for whatever reason, and was abducted there maybe Sunday? (IF abducted)
I'm trying to picture a scenario. I doubt Kamdyn was on the streets longer than yesterday, (Sat night at the earliest if he found a cubby hole and slept)....someone would have seen him I expect.
He also didn't appear to be traumatized or afraid.

QDEH4DPGOFG3LH562Q6GMROYUE.JPG

A police car is seen outside of the apartment complex where a toddler was found wandering around alone in Miramar on Monday, July 27, 2020. (John McCall/South Florida Sun Sentinel)

The Google map I linked upthread is indeed where Kam was found. Hope LE is searching every apartment in that complex and nearby homes tonight!!
Google Maps

Gosh, I didn't realize that Leila is only 20 years old.

I am wondering.
Kamdyn was found wandering the street on Sunday morning, yesterday.
Leila had been missing a few days....we don't know how many days.
So Leila and Kamdyn were together from then until yesterday morning?
I'm just thinking, if Leila had been carjacked or abducted "a few days ago" from Georgia or wherever, was Kamdyn with her, and released only yesterday?
Or did Leila actually drive herself all the way to Miramar for whatever reason, and was abducted there maybe Sunday? (IF abducted)
I'm trying to picture a scenario. I doubt Kamdyn was on the streets longer than yesterday, (Sat night at the earliest if he found a cubby hole and slept)....someone would have seen him I expect.
He also didn't appear to be traumatized or afraid.

Ordinarily when someone is missing with their vehicle, my first thought is the there's been an accident that hasn't been discovered yet--the vehicle is in the water, or slid down an embankment hidden by brush, or something like that. But since the boy is here unharmed, that pretty much rules out accident.

Re DNA -- I hope a test would be required. Walking into the LE or Family Services Dept. and announcing that "I am his Aunt Jane and I'm here to take him home..." or whatever should not be sufficient, and I feel sure it isn't.
A birth certificate of the little guy would be a good first step. IMO, the authorities should be told how this little boy came to be lost. These things becoming known with proof would be a good start. All this before the adult claiming him could see the little guy and before he could see him/her/them. IMHO.

Last edited:
So the lady who found him asked him "where's your mommy?" And he points all over and in no particular direction, and doesn't cry or appear upset, and takes the woman's hand.
To me that seems that he wasn't alone for long....and that mommy was somewhere "around here". Maybe.

So the lady who found him asked him "where's your mommy?" And he points all over and in no particular direction, and doesn't cry or appear upset, and takes the woman's hand.
To me that seems that he wasn't alone for long....and that mommy was somewhere "around here". Maybe.

Maybe. It does sound sort of that way.

Re DNA -- I hope a test would be required. Walking into the LE or Family Services Dept. and announcing that "I am his Aunt Jane and I'm here to take him home..." or whatever should not be sufficient, and I feel sure it isn't.
A birth certificate of the little guy would be a good first step. IMO, the authorities should be told how this little boy came to be lost. These things becoming known with proof would be a good start. Alll this before the little guy was IMHO.

Not all relatives of mine share DNA... but I feel it would be pretty easy to prove my sister is my sister. I realize there needs to be checks and balances here, but I was just curious specifically about a DNA test being necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member