Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the paper he was living in Hannover-Linden in a VW LT camper van in 2010. Nothing interesting in tomorrow's paper, apparently police are not talking to the press at all. The tents on the nearby fields are for police who observe the property at night to make sure nobody is entering, not forensic tents.

First time that I’m reading this:

“The van is being kept in a secret location and the name of the German has not been released. It is also not known how police discovered the location of the vehicle.
Despite the discovery of the van, a forensic examination is not thought to have produced any link to Madeleine's disappearance.’

It is not yet known how the van got from the scrapyard and into the possession of the police. ‘
—————
‘The son, who did not want to be named, said: 'Christian sold my dad the van around 2015 and we used it afterwards as our family vehicle.

'It was a little rusty but had a good engine.

'It was here till the police arrived one day. They took it away but didn't say why. I found out about the Madeleine McCann connection through the papers.'

The 30-year-old, who lives at the property a short drive from the Algarve town of Silves, added: 'We didn't know Christian well. He just used to leave the van here from time to time because he knew we were always around and it was going to be safe with us. He never came here and started talking about his life or anything like that.....’
Maddie McCann suspect sold his VW campervan in 2015 to a car scrapyard | Daily Mail Online

Seelze, where they are digging is only around 8k from where Monika P's body parts were discovered under the Legion Bridge in Hanover in 2010.
This may have already been mentioned today.
This is V interesting regarding her murder, especially the profile.

►Lived (at least at that time) alone.
►Has access to drugs (cocaine).
►Special access to the Legion Bridge.
►Pragmatic thinking, psychologically stable.
►Craft-oriented (close to metalwork).
►Physically able to carry heavy loads.
►Has combined apartment/workshop and/or gazebo.
► There are dogs and cats nearby.

Good details about the case in link below.

The Search for the Strückelmörder Continues in Hannover - CRIME AND POWER

I posted this earlier:
CB was questioned by German LE back in 2013. They asked him about his involvement in MM case. We don't know what he answered but we know that he joked with his friends about this questioning. It was then suggested in the media that this was a big mistake by LE to inform him he was under a radar re MM and that this would allow him to destroy any evidence he possibly had.
In 2013 he lived in the area they are searching today. Maybe they are searching for this evidence he possibly hid in 2013.

True.
We know he liked to bury "precious" things.

“The van is being kept in a secret location and the name of the German has not been released. It is also not known how police discovered the location of the vehicle.
Despite the discovery of the van, a forensic examination is not thought to have produced any link to Madeleine's disappearance.’

It is not yet known how the van got from the scrapyard and into the possession of the police. ‘
—————
‘The son, who did not want to be named, said: 'Christian sold my dad the van around 2015 and we used it afterwards as our family vehicle.

'It was here till the police arrived one day. They took it away but didn't say why. I found out about the Madeleine McCann connection through the papers.'

The 30-year-old, who lives at the property a short drive from the Algarve town of Silves, added: 'We didn't know Christian well. He just used to leave the van here from time to time because he knew we were always around and it was going to be safe with us. He never came here and started talking about his life or anything like that.....’
Maddie McCann suspect sold his VW campervan in 2015 to a car scrapyard | Daily Mail Online
I still find what the son says way wrong ! was it not his father that stood for CB at the court proceedings? said he could live with him etc ? or have I that wrong ?

Thanks for the clarification, Victoria!
Not as much activity and the ground seems to be getting treated much more respectfully in that field with the tents...?
I'm not too sure how it works in other Countries with regards to the Tents. In the UK, the flurry of activity in high profile cases is an indication of something with the appearance of a tent being a verification (of a body on scene) even before any police announcement is made. A forensic tent is a silent police statement to us. X

—————

I still find what the son says way wrong ! was it not his father that stood for CB at the court proceedings? said he could live with him etc ? or have I that wrong ?

Seelze, where they are digging is only around 8k from where Monika P's body parts were discovered under the Legion Bridge in Hanover in 2010.
This may have already been mentioned today.
This is V interesting regarding her murder, especially the profile.

►Lived (at least at that time) alone.
►Has access to drugs (cocaine).
►Special access to the Legion Bridge.
►Pragmatic thinking, psychologically stable.
►Craft-oriented (close to metalwork).
►Physically able to carry heavy loads.
►Has combined apartment/workshop and/or gazebo.
► There are dogs and cats nearby.

Good details about the case in link below.

The Search for the Strückelmörder Continues in Hannover - CRIME AND POWER

Also not the first time, i read about fridges or freezers according to C.B..

Also, just looking at the photos of the tents I do think like previous posters they look like toilets, maybe male and female. Let’s not forget that this search is being undertaken under the shadow of CV19, they will have had to spend time conducting risk assessments for personnel involvement and put in place extra precautionary measures to reduce risk for staff of contracting the virus from each other

Just arrived after a day off WS to this significant development, wow.

So what do we know in terms of the facts of this search and the links to CB or MM?

- When did CB live temporarily on this allotment? I am reading various thread comments, suggesting as early as 2007 or as recent as 2017. Do we know?

- If LE are removing soil samples, is that standard procedure for this type of search?

- Does the scale of this search imply any relationship with funding of related cases, or a direct response to the severity/detail of a tip off? Basically do more LE vehicles mean the information is significant or funding is significant or both/either?

- If CB has not provided information to prompt this search, is the tip off likely to be related to MM or another disappearance (eg. Inga?)

Hopefully something will come of this. It does feel like there has been a series of important developments in recent months, and these are encouraging indicators for resolution on the MM case. That will be a great relief all round.

Also, just looking at the photos of the tents I do think like previous posters they look like toilets, maybe male and female. Let’s not forget that this search is being undertaken under the shadow of CV19, they will have had to spend time conducting risk assessments for personnel involvement and put in place extra precautionary measures to reduce risk for staff of contracting the virus from each other

Very good point about the conditions of such a search currently, even more need to be highly cautious about cross contamination, careful management of staff and resources etc

Could be.. illegal scrapyard wasnt it? (if not mistaken??)
Of course speculation from my side,but maybe the examination of the van,provide some clues about MM and the digging going on?

Very good point about the conditions of such a search currently, even more need to be highly cautious about cross contamination, careful management of staff and resources etc
Thanks, I’m actually now thinking they might have moved sooner had it not been for current situation. Important to keep staff safe as well as hopefully uncover evidence

Just arrived after a day off WS to this significant development, wow.

So what do we know in terms of the facts of this search and the links to CB or MM?

- When did CB live temporarily on this allotment? I am reading various thread comments, suggesting as early as 2007 or as recent as 2017. Do we know?

- If LE are removing soil samples, is that standard procedure for this type of search?

- Does the scale of this search imply any relationship with funding of related cases, or a direct response to the severity/detail of a tip off? Basically do more LE vehicles mean the information is significant or funding is significant or both/either?

- If CB has not provided information to prompt this search, is the tip off likely to be related to MM or another disappearance (eg. Inga?)

Hopefully something will come of this. It does feel like there has been a series of important developments in recent months, and these are encouraging indicators for resolution on the MM case. That will be a great relief all round.

I think not just the MM case but German authorities have opened a can of worms here, much more to unravel and more victims imo.

I think not just the MM case but German authorities have opened a can of worms here, much more to unravel and maybe more victims imo.

Yes.... Pandora's box. It's tough that on the one hand clarity can bring relief and new insight, but on the other can also expose a whole lot of uncomfortable truths.

So we're basically saying this could be indirectly linked to the MM case, or Inga or any of the prospective other unresolved German cases that fit the bill..... And hopefully whatever is uncovered (if anything) could shed new light on one or more cases. That's if they find anything of course, but it does seem like a very targeted operation from a layman's perspective.

My opinion also. Tho from any prison possibly.

My guess is the appeal was dropped cos it had little chance of success

Oh please not another case where a fellow prisoner ‘ hears a confession’ . Often self-serving and unreliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23