FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
She said she had a job offer in one of the posts where she was selling stuff. But, then she said she was selling it for the community. Her sisters saying come home we don’t care what you’ve done, sounds like she set out on her trip willingly. I am staying hopeful that she is alive. However, there are plenty of reasons to think otherwise.

Last edited:
A quick follow up - the women's body found in Port Charlotte was identified.
From the post:
The woman's body found last night in a Port Charlotte Walmart parking lot has been identified as 29-year-old Jennifer Simpson. Simpson had been missing for four days. There is no word yet on the cause of death.
NBC2 News

A few things...

I wouldn't put any thought into her saying on her FB that she lives in Atlanta. Tons of people do that, even if they are really in the far outer regions of the metro area.

I've had a bad feeling about this truck everyone keeps posting about. Has anyone actually seen anything that says she actually sold the Corolla?

I'm not feeling that the body in WPB is her. Just due to the fact that she wouldn't have been in the water long and would have been easily identifiable by her two tattoos. Family would have known by now and they don't.

I agree that saying "Atlanta" on Facebook doesn't mean much. I often put "Boston" for my location even though I live quite a few miles out, barely even in the suburbs. Also, many single women use a very general location for reasons of personal safety. I think about all we can conclude from her saying Atlanta is that she's currently living in Georgia.

No, I haven't seen anything about which vehicles she owns or sold, or whether she owns the white truck. Since she was looking to sell and buy an SUV, it seems logical she may have decided on a truck instead, but that's purely our speculation here.

I don't think we can conclude that the body in West Palm Beach isn't her so quickly. It was only found yesterday afternoon and it's in a different jurisdiction. It's unlikely a formal identification would be made before an autopsy, even if they were pretty sure. The family might have been informed of the possibility but asked not to say anything. Just because we haven't heard doesn't mean it isn't known.

Bumping post with link, thanks.. rbbm.

‘I Just Want To Know My Sister Is OK’: Family, Police Concerned About Missing Mother Of Wandering Toddler
''Family members told CBS4 they have attempted to contact Cavett on her cell phone, but after several rings, no one picks up. The woman’s grandmother was the final person to have any communication with her through a Facebook message on July 26, according to family members. They said Cavett had no plans to come to Florida.''

Hopefully the July 26th facebook message means they can ping her phone location on the 26th and hopefully that will give LE some leads.

From the post:
The woman's body found last night in a Port Charlotte Walmart parking lot has been identified as 29-year-old Jennifer Simpson. Simpson had been missing for four days. There is no word yet on the cause of death.
NBC2 News
the Article is from 2011?

Edited to correct my SSRI induced typos!

Trying to keep an open mind...

If she was last heard from via FB messenger on July 26th, there is nothing to suggest what time this was. It could have been just after midnight and she could have still been with Kamdyn at the time, as he wasn’t found until 08:30.

As for her recent activity on selling pages, we could assume that she needed extra money, however, she may have had a little more time on her hands due to Covid and was therefore decluttering. My mother has used the opportunity (being furloughed from work) to clear out any junk she has been hoarding by selling it on eBay.

I don’t think this is going to end well IMO but we may be looking too deeply in to the selling pages and until we know the time she was last heard from on 26th, we don’t know the gap between the contact and Kamdyn being found alone. Considering that Kamdyn was not distressed and appeared well other than a soiled diaper, IMO she was with him up until the morning he was found.

Last edited:
Miramar Police @MiramarPD
Due to recent developments into the investigation of Leila Cavett’s disappearance, @HollywoodFLPD will be the lead agency continuing the search for her. #MiramarPD will provide assistance, if needed. Media requests/inquiries should be directed to Hollywood PD. #FindLeila #Missing https://t.co/6FB5U3W3ub

Miramar Police @MiramarPD
Due to recent developments into the investigation of Leila Cavett’s disappearance, @HollywoodFLPD will be the lead agency continuing the search for her. #MiramarPD will provide assistance, if needed. Media requests/inquiries should be directed to Hollywood PD. #FindLeila #Missing https://t.co/6FB5U3W3ub
I was just coming on to share this. Fingers crossed that we get some answers soon.

Frank Guzman @frankguzmanon7
The missing person's case has been transferred to the Hollywood Police Dept. It's believed Leila Cavett was last seen in that city. More details to come later today.

Frank Guzman @frankguzmanon7
The missing person's case has been transferred to the Hollywood Police Dept. It's believed Leila Cavett was last seen in that city. More details to come later today.
I look forward to reviving the update later, hopefully we will see some video evidence to determine whether she was alone, who may have been with her and whether Kamdyn was in tow.

Hollywood FL is on the ocean, about ten miles directly east of Miramar. خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
And little Kamdyn was covered in sand, apparently? Hmmm. Could have been sand from someone’s yard but there’s a chance Leila could have been down at the beach with him. I don’t know the area, is anyone familiar with Hollywood FL and specially, if there are any shady areas on the beach? Perhaps areas known for drug deals?

Leila trying to sell stuff might not be drug related, these are hard times for everybody. We don't know if she was working and how she was supporting herself and her son, but it's probably safe to assume that she was most likely going through some financial hardships as of late and there's no shame in that, many of us were hit by COVID-19 HARD. Now, it does appear that Leila had some issues/problems related to drugs, she has drug charges and her family sort of alludes to that. This could be directly or indirectly related to drugs, or maybe it has nothing to do with it. I just don't understand how she would just leave and go to Florida with her 2-year-old son without telling anyone. No family members or friends came out to say "oh yeah, Leila told me she was going to Florida". Not one single person.
Now, if her phone is still on, LE should be able to ping it and find the general location of it. If it's still on, it might be a good sign, meaning that she charged it not too long ago. But there's the possibility that someone could have her phone. The last known contact via Facebook Messenger might have not been her at all. Sending a "thumbs up" is hardly a proof of anything. I'm leaning torwards someone else has her phone.

With a child left alone, I would think exigent circumstances that they have pings of her phone but not releasing yet as to location and when turned off.

MOO

From the post:
NBC2 News

Is there a WS thread for this case?

• Just noting.. rbbm.
  • July 22 2020
  • FWB woman recruits friends, mothers to host human trafficking awareness march
  • “Young adults ages 18 to 25 are also extremely trafficked,” Carswell said. “That’s not something you have to search the dark web for.”

Since researching trafficking on PolarisProject.org and other sites dedicated to the subject, Carswell sees how prevalent it is.

“People don’t really want to think that it’s happening in America,” Carswell said. “But I think people are starting to wake up and realize it is happening in our backyard.”

Florida is an especially problematic area, Carswell explained. Florida ranks third in U.S. in human trafficking cases reported by states, according to the Human trafficking Hotline.''

• ''The fact that it’s a $150 billion industry is also what caught my eye.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member