GA GA - Joshua Adams, 25, Jefferson, 21 May 2013

New tips fail to solve mystery of Josh Adams' disappearance 5 years ago

Authorities investigated two separate tips last week in the unsolved case of Josh Adams, who went missing in Jackson County five years ago, but neither tip provided an answer to the mystery.

When deputies went to a home in Madison County on May 25 to check out a lead, they ended up arresting three people on drug charges, while another lead took officers to an abandoned farmhouse in Oglethorpe County, which also was a bad tip.

“When we went to Oglethorpe County last week we put a camera down a well and there was nothing in the well,” Jackson County Sheriff Janis Mangum said Thursday.

“I think it’s people involved in drugs who are talking, but we check out every tip we get,” she said.

Adams, 25, went missing on May 20, 2013. His car was found abandoned in a rural area outside Jefferson, but his wallet, identification and cell phone were inside the car, according to reports. Adams, who had earlier completed drug rehabilitation for an addiction, was never found, although there was a ground and air search in the area. A nearby pond was also drained.

The family has offered a $50,000 reward in the case and Mangum said the reward may have generated some of these tips.

Joshua Scott Adams – The Charley Project

• Jefferson, Georgia
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Age25 years old
  • Height and Weight6'2 - 6'3, 200 - 240 pounds
  • Medical ConditionsAdams has a history of drug abuse, namely prescription drugs and cocaine. He graduated from an addiction treatment program two weeks before his disappearance.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Adams has tribal tattoos on his upper arm and chest; a photo of the arm tattoo is posted with this case summary. He has a tattoo of the name "Ava" on his right foot. His nickname is Josh.
Details of Disappearance
Adams was last seen in Jefferson, Georgia on May 20, 2013. That day, he left home driving his white 2009 Chevrolet Malibu. Later that day, he cashed a personal check for $400; he'd stolen the check from his parents. He has never been heard from again.

That same day, Adams's car was found abandoned in a pasture next to a pond on his family's land, on Brockton Loop Road near Jefferson. He sometimes went fishing there. His cellular phone, wallet, identification and $25 in cash were inside the car. A neighbor called the police to report that the car was there and that the fence to the property was open.

On May 24, Adams's shoes were found on the banks of the pond, a few hundred yards from where the car had been found. Police searched the area with cadaver dogs and even drained the lake, but found no other evidence.

Authorities got several leads from Adams's cellular phone. Records showed he called one man five times on the day of his disappearance, but the man denied having spoken to him and refused to cooperate with the investigation. Another man admitted to speaking to Adams at 9:00 a.m., but he wouldn't say what their conversation was about.

Two weeks before he went missing, Adams completed a six-week drug rehabilitation program in Battle Creek, Michigan. His family stated he has no history of leaving home without warning and they think he may have begun using drugs again prior to his disappearance.

His case is being investigated as a homicide. It remains unsolved.

joshua_scott_adams_8.jpg
joshua_scott_adams_12.jpg

I have been looking into this and reading some reports. I read that he went to a gas station and a bank prior to being reported missing. He had cashed a check he took from his parents for $400 but only had $25 in his wallet. Cell phone records stated that he had called the same number 5 times in the same day. His car was found with is belongings but then a few days later his shoes were found near where his car was. I find that hard to believe those were there the whole time because they had dogs searching the area.

Anyone have any more information?

I have been looking into this and reading some reports. I read that he went to a gas station and a bank prior to being reported missing. He had cashed a check he took from his parents for $400 but only had $25 in his wallet. Cell phone records stated that he had called the same number 5 times in the same day. His car was found with is belongings but then a few days later his shoes were found near where his car was. I find that hard to believe those were there the whole time because they had dogs searching the area.

Anyone have any more information?

Can you provide some links here?
That makes me think drugs. JMO.

https://www.11alive.com/article/news/crime/cold-cases/josh-adams-disappearance-jackson-county/85-62ede752-6a1f-4906-bdc9-1d7ef75a4518
He was an active drug user and then went to rehab and disappeared 2 weeks after he got back. I think he owed someone money and then planted the shoes later.

Sorry, it's hard to continuously remember the details of all of these cases at once, I feel like I totally forgot his drug usage.
Poor guy. A lot of people who stop using for awhile and then relapse think they can do the same amount as before and be fine, when in fact their tolerance will be a lot lower and it's much easier to overdose. It's possible he OD'd and someone covered that up. But the theory that he owed money makes sense too.

I heard about this on Tuesday night show (July 28,2020)
The thing that keeps sticking in my head is the part where the other guy (Kevin?) Said something along the lines of something like I know a really big secret, but I can't ever tell anyone. He unfortunately killed himself.
Who was that in conversation with?
- it will be nice when Trisha calls, and hopefully can get more out of the detective.

So after a quick cruise through facebook looking for clues and a few trips down the rabbit holes of shady characters I have finally returned. I may have uncovered the identity of the Athens man he was said to be with on May 19th, the one they called "pork chop" either I found him or the biggest coincidence I've stumbled on in a long time. Question now is what do I do with this information because I cannot post it here.

So after a quick cruise through facebook looking for clues and a few trips down the rabbit holes of shady characters I have finally returned. I may have uncovered the identity of the Athens man he was said to be with on May 19th, the one they called "pork chop" either I found him or the biggest coincidence I've stumbled on in a long time. Question now is what do I do with this information because I cannot post it here.

@Dylansmom08 , maybe a mod can direct you. Glad you went hunting!

I've noticed only one news article mentions anything about drug paraphernalia being found with his shoes. I find that odd and especially the type of paraphernalia they say was there I really don't feel like that would fit with him. If there was something there then I believe it was left by someone else maybe in an attempt to sent the investigation in a different direction. I spent most of the day today just trying to figure out the people he was friends with and the kinds of things he could have gotten himself into and I did find out a lot. Also I posted a copy of his missing poster to every facebook site I could think of so hopefully that does some good.

More details emerge on search for missing Jackson Co. man
Is there anyway to confirm the two purses this article says was found in his car or the drug paraphernalia found with his shoes? I only find it mentioned in the one article so I don't know if that could be false information or how much truth there is to that. The purses would suggest to me that maybe there was women in his car but why would they leave their purses behind?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back