UID Victim: Toddler's Mother, Peaches, found Hempstead Lake State Park June 1997 #4

Hello,

This is my first post on this page, so I hope I am doing this right. I was looking at posts on this website regarding Peaches and her child; two homicide victims who are thought to be victims of the LISK. I researched through NAMUS every black woman reported missing from 1996 in the Northeastern U.S. foolishly thinking I could find who Peaches could be. I decided to extend my search to the entirety of the U.S. and I extended the year from 1995 - 1997 thinking that she may have had family elsewhere in the U.S. and if they filed the missing persons report in another state, then maybe that's why we can't connect the body to a name. Additionally, we don't know the relationship Peaches had with her family, so the last time they may have heard from her could have been well before June 1996. In my search I noticed something weird happening in Kent, Michigan. In the 90's, 4 black/mixed women were reported missing and never found from Kent County, Michigan.

What are the odds that all 4 of these women went missing in the same year (1995), are all under 40, and all disappeared from Grand Rapids, MI never to be found, and that no other women were reported missing from this area in any other year in the 90s? I would like to look into this more, however there is almost no information on their disappearances, so if anyone can recommend a better source for me to check, or a place where I could locate more women who fit this description I would greatly appreciate it.
  • Robin Scott - 37YO, last seen on 1/19/1995 in Grand Rapids, MI - "Missing from Grand Rapinds, MI"
  • Fonda Lockridge - 26YO, last seen on 6/15/1995 in Grand Rapids, MI - "Missing since 1995"
  • Kathleen Dennis - 28YO, last seen on 7/10/1995 in Grand Rapids, MI - "Kathleen was last seen in Grand Rapids, MI in 1995."
  • Jahzeel Collazo-Rios - 18YO, last seen on 10/5/1995 in Grand Rapids, MI - "--"

Attachments

• Fonda.jpg
    Fonda.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 20
  • Jahzeel.jpg
    Jahzeel.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 27
  • Kathleen.jpg
    Kathleen.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Robin.jpg
    Robin.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 21
Sure seems that something beyond chance was operating there!

What else was happening in Grand Rapids in 1995?

Have you found contemporary newspaper accounts for these ladies?

Can you link missing posters?

IIRC, there is a Facebook page for Lost & Missing in Michigan.

Off to look for the Eric Franks thread -- Michigan.

Well, found the thread, but not the post for the Michigan group!

MI - MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 March 2011 - #1

Good information about searching in Michigan and dedicated sleuthers on the thread.

@Roselvr @Eric's mom , can you post a link to the Lost and Missing in Michigan site?

Thanks, Laughing

Last edited:
Thank you for responding. I found them through NAMUS and Google searches has offered so little information. This is all the extra information I could find:

Sure seems that something beyond chance was operating there!

What else was happening in Grand Rapids in 1995?

Have you found contemporary newspaper accounts for these ladies?

Can you link missing posters?

IIRC, there is a Facebook page for Lost & Missing in Michigan.

Off to look for the Eric Franks thread -- Michigan.

Well, found the thread, but not the post for the Michigan group!

MI - MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 March 2011 - #1

Good information about searching in Michigan and dedicated sleuthers on the thread.

@Roselvr @Eric's mom , can you post a link to the Lost and Missing in Michigan site?

Thanks, Laughing

Stephen Cullen, the Bristol, CT artist who tattooed Peaches, said Peaches was from NY and came to his CT shop with a friend. Per Cullen, the friend was possibly a Bristol local and the women were planning to visit friends in the Hartford area following the tattoo session.

Now, I haven’t been to CT in about 16 years but if I recall correctly, Bristol wasn’t/isn’t a big place and in that regard, I wonder how much media coverage the Peaches story has gotten in CT over the past decade.

If Bristol is as small as I recall, surely someone knows Peaches’ friend or maybe the friend is still in the area. Further, maybe someone in Hartford remembers meeting the women; perhaps Peaches showed off her new tattoo and someone just needs their memory jogged about an encounter with her.

It’s time for the Hartford and Bristol area media outlets to do refresher stories on Peaches. Perhaps showings Cullen’s tattoo shop, the surrounding area, and photos of the peach tattoo will trigger someone’s memory.

If you watched the bonus clips from The Killing Season, you’ll recall that Cullen received a call from someone claiming to be the mother of Peaches. Per Cullen, the called said her then teenage grandson wanted a peach tattoo in memory of his mother.

I don’t believe that the caller was really Peaches’ mother and that presents a whole other piece to the puzzle: who is the woman who called and what is her connection to the entire LISK case? The layers of this case are absolutely maddening but identifying Peaches and learning about her life could yield valuable clues in unveiling LISK..
I’m from CT, a few towns over from Bristol and I’m in Bristol all the time as I have many friends that live there and they have stores that we don’t have in my town.

I’ve heard of LISK before, but I recently watched Lost Girls and the killing season and only THEN did I hear of Peaches and Baby Doe.

I've done some searching and I found a disappearance that ticks a lot of boxes in comparison, however she disappeared almost a year prior to the discovery of Peaches' body, and there is no indication that any of this woman's children disappeared with her.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
https://www.officer.com/home/article/10249329/what-happened-to-shaquita-bell

Shaquita Yolanda Bell:
  • Race: Black / African American
  • Disappeared From: Alexandria, Virginia
  • Circumstances of Disappearence: Shaquita was leaving her grandmother's house on East Raymond Avenue in Alexandria, VA. She is believed to have been a victim of a homicide in the District of Columbia and her remains buried in a wooded area in Fort Washington, MD. She was seen leaving her grandmother's house with her ex-boyfriend who is the father of her youngest child. Her ex-boyfriend was abusive and had previously threatened to kill her. She had filed charges in the past against Dickerson for assault.
  • Distinguishing Marks: Unknown tattoo on left breast
  • Last Wearing: Diamond Bracelet, black and white plaid tank top, black spandex pants, black high heel shoes.

I don't want to believe that no one ever reported Peaches missing, but searching through NAMUS has left very little options for her identity. I agree with submitting her DNA to Ancestry.com. I don't think enough has been done to identify this woman.

Peaches' Namus profile has been modified again today, and a few times earlier this month. The updates are not for public view, however. Law enforcement's eyes only. Baby Doe's Namus has not been modified since 2019.
Although Commissioner Hart did state during the May 2020/Valerie Mack press conference that there are "additional challenges" as regards the genetic genealogy of Asian Male, his NamUs profile was recently modified this year on June 15th and again on the 17th for the first time since 2019.

I actually contacted law enforcement about Asian doe On June 15th, 2020 to report that Tirrel Santiago (Mia) looked like a really good match. Originally, it had been submitted and ignored by websluether Emre E. LE called me back immediately on that day. I spoke with the missing persons detective that worked that case. I also put a tip in to the gilgo beach website but never heard back. I've tried following up with the detective but he said, "The samples that are in the database are constantly being compared to one another electronically and no match Has been found. With the COVID-19 situation they are in backlog with manually checking I am waiting to see if they are going to do a manual check. As soon as I hear something I will let you know. Thanks for checking in"

Peaches' Namus profile has been modified again today, and a few times earlier this month. The updates are not for public view, however. Law enforcement's eyes only. Baby Doe's Namus has not been modified since 2019.
Although Commissioner Hart did state during the May 2020/Valerie Mack press conference that there are "additional challenges" as regards the genetic genealogy of Asian Male, his NamUs profile was recently modified this year on June 15th and again on the 17th for the first time since 2019.

“It’s also tempting to connect Ms. Mack to Jessica Taylor — two women discovered in the same way, in two of the same places. Ms. Hart has her own theory — unproven of course, though she sounds energized as she shares it. She notes that two other victims were similarly disposed of: body parts, still unidentified, found at Davis Park in 1996, and the victim known as Peaches, who was found in Nassau County. It is possible, Ms. Hart has been thinking, that these four victims have the same killer — a different one from the four women found in 2010 in Gilgo Beach. “The method of dismemberment and disposal is kind of unique to these four,” she said.“

The Gilgo Beach Murders Were a Cold Case. Then a New Police Chief Arrived.

Ms. Hart gives me hope. She inherited a mess and has done more in the past year than the former officials did throughout their time in office. The wheels are turning and I believe Peaches and the other Does will someday have their names, perhaps sooner rather than later.

Note: by “mess”, I’m referring to how Burke and Spota stalled the investigation and shut out the FBI in attempts to shield their crimes. By no means was that directed to the victims and their families.

I was looking at Peaches' tattoo again and if I look in one way it looks like initials TBA. When I look at it upside down I see a year. '82 possibly '81. Does anyone else see this?

Maybe Peaches has 2 kids.... One may have been 15 or 16 when Peaches died (if that is in fact a year and not initials). The other we know was the Toddler.

Are there any 38yr old or 39yr old people missing a Mom?

Maybe it’s not technically peaches. Maybe that tat is a heart

crimestoppers NY/LI(or perhaps AMW, or perhaps docu makers) could coordinate with Bristol and Hartford crimestoppers to run 30 day billboards simultaneously in those 2 towns and ask for the woman(women) who went into the Bristol tattoo parlor with "PEACHES" to come forward to identify her
I like this idea, I always thought that these people are an important link!

I don't think there is lettering. Previously on the thread somebody did mention that they were a tattoo artist and didn't think it was lettering. They also mentioned it would be a little pointless to put lettering in there considering it would be such intricate work, but also difficult to see.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back