FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly my running theory at this point is that she's a on a drug binge. I think she left Georgia and went to that area in Florida to party, took the baby with her, and got even more drugged up when she got down there, left the baby near the apartments (because she's not in a right state) and ditched her truck. I am hoping that we get more interviews with her family/sisters telling more about her. There are things on SM that I wish so badly was in MSM. I am hoping we get more information in the MSM that we can go off of.

She’s not on a drug binge imo. She may have been....but my gut tells me it’s way worse than a drug binge. Saddest case I’ve followed in awhile. :(

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/BrookeShaferTV/status/1288117632932016131?s=20

Some are speculating that she’s afraid to come forward To LE because of her FTA warrant in Jasper, Ala. Maybe she doesn’t want to be found. It makes sense in light of her sister Gina’s plea. “I don’t care what you did, just come home,” see Brooke Shafer video.
Nah, I don't feel she would not come collect Kam regardless of the FTA, it's just a traffic violation isn't it?

But jeeze-louise, I was way off base in the Jolley case, so who knows you may be right. If you are, I'll buy you a coke ;)

For speculative purposes, if a father name is on the birth certificate but not the actual biological father, do they have rights if they wanted Kam?
The named father on the birth certificate prevails IMO and a paternity lawsuit needs to be filed to correct this - we had a case that the father was named on the BC and he passed away so the child should have inherited but Someone else claimed paternity And this had to be proven since the named father was in dispute - JMO based on FL law

But, why go all the way to Florida for a drug binge? Wouldn't drugs be easily available in a more local area? There would have to be another reason to drive to FL, in my opinion. Speculations: A man? A rich man (sugar-daddy)? A catfish situation? It feels like it could be a "too good to be true" type situation that lured her there? Sure, drugs may be involved, but is that all?

IMO

The named father on the birth certificate prevails IMO and a paternity lawsuit needs to be filed to correct this - we had a case that the father was named on the BC and he passed away so the child should have inherited but Someone else claimed paternity And this had to be proven since the named father was in dispute - JMO based on FL law
Agree, 100%. Arnold is the one who is financially obligated, but it sounds like West has been doling out the dough.

But, why go all the way to Florida for a drug binge? Wouldn't drugs be easily available in a more local area? There would have to be another reason to drive to FL, in my opinion. Speculations: A man? A rich man (sugar-daddy)? A catfish situation? It feels like it could be a "too good to be true" type situation that lured her there? Sure, drugs may be involved, but is that all?

IMO

I was thinking that too. WHY go all the way down to South Florida for a drug binge!?! SO FAR to go for a drug binge. Or seems to be. IMO

This is all just my opinion, but it really just doesn't feel like a drug binge to me. I don't know her personally, but from what we've all pieced together about her life and even her habits we know that she worshiped that boy. I can't fathom her taking him to Florida for the purposes of procuring and doing drugs. I can't fathom her just letting him out at an apartment complex and taking off. I could *only* envision him escaping a motel or something while she was on drugs but even then the fact that her truck was found so far from where he was discovered suggests that couldn't be the case without outside interference. If she were spun out on drugs somewhere someone would have probably already told. It's everywhere on the news. Everyone is looking for her and her kid needs his mom. Police would likely have already been tipped off as to where she was holding up. This feels sinister to me.

This is all just my opinion, but it really just doesn't feel like a drug binge to me. I don't know her personally, but from what we've all pieced together about her life and even her habits we know that she worshiped that boy. I can't fathom her taking him to Florida for the purposes of procuring and doing drugs. I can't fathom her just letting him out at an apartment complex and taking off. I could *only* envision him escaping a motel or something while she was on drugs but even then the fact that her truck was found so far from where he was discovered suggests that couldn't be the case without outside interference. If she were spun out on drugs somewhere someone would have probably already told. It's everywhere on the news. Everyone is looking for her and her kid needs his mom. Police would likely have already been tipped off as to where she was holding up. This feels sinister to me.

This. Yes. I totally agree. If this was just a binge she could have gone to parts of Gainesville or Little 5 or the Bluff and got whatever she wanted.

I agree! I think she headed down there to meet someone, either romantically or for a dodgy business/drug deal and that person turned out to be shady. I’ve never bought drugs but IMO, 10 hours is a long way to travel buy them. This leads me back to a romantic connection or a “business deal“ financially worthy of a 20 hr round trip. Or maybe, she was forced to go?

Something keeps crossing my mind and I don’t know why. Was she sent to FL by an “acquaintance” in GA? Maybe she owed someone a favour and travelled to FL on an errand of sorts? But those on the receiving end of the errand were unsavoury types. This person or people aren’t in the business of harming children, so they saw that Kamdyn was out of the way before they acted.

JMO.

The only reason you would drive 10 hours for drugs is to smuggle a large quantity home. Maybe she got caught up in that. But I just don't get that feeling from her. And I've known a lot of addicts. And been one.

I suspect that the police are not discussing the specifics of that surveillance video because they don't want to tip off whoever they believe may be involved. There is someone who does not want her to be found, otherwise I feel she would have been. The only silver lining that I can comprehend about this situation is that Kamdyn is safe. I have this sneaking suspicion that it's only because he lacks the ability to out someone about their involvement with this. Thinking about what he may have witnessed deeply disturbs me and while all I want is to think that Leila will hug her boy again... I really don't think that's going to be the outcome here. I hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305