Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *kidnapping arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in Ronks today and headed past the Harvest Road location while out running errands (love my Zook’s Pot Pies ). Can’t stress enough how bizarre and stupid it is that JS kept coming out to this business. It is totally exposed. Hiding anything here is objectively ridiculous, especially with that red car in the lot sticking out like a sore thumb. He crossed train tracks to bury the clothing in a thin strip of trees, plainly visible from Harvest Drive (and passing trains, and the farmer who owns the land, and the neighboring businesses, etc.). No wonder he got spotted. No one would hide anything there unless there was no other option. It’s not indicative of a plan, but of desperation.
IMO it's very possible JS was attempting to frame someone who worked at the Harvest Drive business or to make it appear like an Amish-to-Amish crime. He's aware of the "trophy" thing and IMO made it look like the perp(s) hastily buried them close by. Which he did, lol. Why else would he take the risk??
I highly doubt he expected the global publicity this case has attracted, nor the level of top- brass involvement.
As foolish as the Harvest Drive move was, surely it's only a matter of time till Linda Stolzfoos is found. What an agonizing story.

I was disappointed that the court date for JS was moved to August because I was hoping to hear what evidence LE might release. I'm okay with court date being postponed because I realized it gives LE more time.

Is this for the arraignment or his PH date ? Tia

Was it due to Covid? Although it's rather common for delays to happen.

Either way I think the DA was already fully prepared to go forward with the present offenses.

Have they announced when his PH will be held?

Arraignments aren't that revealing, but in many PH they are.

I remember when 16 year old Scott Dyleski in CA was accused of first degree when brutally murdering Pam Vitale ...who was a neighbor even though she hadn't ever met him nor knew him.

Anyway PH are often like mini trials. His lasted 3 weeks, and a lot of evidence was presented by the DA before the presiding judge ruled probable cause had been met for SD to stand trial.

PH are held in an open courtroom where anyone can be present that wishes to attend.

In some of the cases though the defendant along with the advice of his attorney will waive their right to have a PH.

However when most of those cases came to trial it was obvious why they waived it, and didn't want any of the evidence to be revealed to the public in a PH.

Those who've waived their PH they've tended to turnout where the offenders were some of the very worst offenders among other suspects.

I remember Joseph Duncan who was a prolific stranger pedophile/kidnapper/murderer waived his Idaho state PH. In the end it turned out to be one of the worst cases I've followed in recent years. His involved felony kidnapping as well.

This case is still ongoing. More serious charges will be added at some point.

Does anyone know if PA requires a GJ to indict on the top charge of first degree? Some states do require it is why I asked. That is if the PH is waived?

Jmhoo

Last edited:
MOO. Maybe he WANTED to get caught. Weirder and weirder. Stranger things have happened.
Now that makes sense to me. Maybe after being incarcerated for most of his life, he just couldn’t cut it in this new modern world? Makes sense he would feel safer going back inside, but at the same time, didn’t he say something to the effect of “no body, no crime”?
MOO IMO

Now that makes sense to me. Maybe after being incarcerated for most of his life, he just couldn’t cut it in this new modern world? Makes sense he would feel safer going back inside, but at the same time, didn’t he say something to the effect of “no body, no crime”?
MOO IMO

If he did give up on life in the free, there would have been so many other options to get back to prison than murder. But maybe murder is no big deal to him. Moo

Today I saw this flier posted at my local “Dutch Market” in NJ—there were several more posted throughout the inside of the market, too. Glad to see they are trying to keep this case fresh in the minds of the public in spite of seemingly slow progress in locating Linda.

Sorry for the poor photo quality—the glare on the window was too harsh for me to be able to do much better, and I didn’t want to start snapping pictures inside the market out of respect for the many Amish folks who work there!

Attachments

• 1F95BEBE-C2A6-4784-BDF8-F704DCDB1E89.jpeg
    1F95BEBE-C2A6-4784-BDF8-F704DCDB1E89.jpeg
    149.2 KB · Views: 52
Is this for the arraignment or his PH date ? Tia

Was it due to Covid? Although it's rather common for delays to happen.

Either way I think the DA was already fully prepared to go forward with the present offenses.

Have they announced when his PH will be held?

Arraignments aren't that revealing, but in many PH they are.

I remember when 16 year old Scott Dyleski in CA was accused of first degree when brutally murdering Pam Vitale ...who was a neighbor even though she hadn't ever met him nor knew him.

Anyway PH are often like mini trials. His lasted 3 weeks, and a lot of evidence was presented by the DA before the presiding judge ruled probable cause had been met for SD to stand trial.

PH are held in an open courtroom where anyone can be present that wishes to attend.

In some of the cases though the defendant along with the advice of his attorney will waive their right to have a PH.

However when most of those cases came to trial it was obvious why they waived it, and didn't want any of the evidence to be revealed to the public in a PH.

Those who've waived their PH they've tended to turnout where the offenders were some of the very worst offenders among other suspects.

I remember Joseph Duncan who was a prolific stranger pedophile/kidnapper/murderer waived his Idaho state PH. In the end it turned out to be one of the worst cases I've followed in recent years. His involved felony kidnapping as well.

This case is still ongoing. More serious charges will be added at some point.

Does anyone know if PA requires a GJ to indict on the top charge of first degree? Some states do require it is why I asked. That is if the PH is waived?

Jmhoo
Sorry oceanblueeyes, I don't know what a PH is. Would you please explain, then I will read your thread again and understand it. TIA.

Midwesterner/cornfield neighbor here. I honestly think that she'll be found in the fall when the corn is harvested. They're a perfect hiding place - in the summer. Combine comes through, or a manual harvester, and they find all kinds of things. And around here, there are buzzards all the time, riding the air currents in groups, so sometimes you think it's a dead animal and it's nothing. So not always a sign.

LE only was able to view the surveillance video with JS and Linda a few days before his arrest, which gave them the license plate number. Only then (so the public has been told) did he come to light and the dots connected. However, there may be other evidence that the public is not privy to.

I was just thinking, the more time that had passed where LE weren't aware of him and his movements, the more opportunities he had to travel further afield.

Midwesterner/cornfield neighbor here. I honestly think that she'll be found in the fall when the corn is harvested. They're a perfect hiding place - in the summer. Combine comes through, or a manual harvester, and they find all kinds of things. And around here, there are buzzards all the time, riding the air currents in groups, so sometimes you think it's a dead animal and it's nothing. So not always a sign.
I’m leaning the same way. She’s somewhere in a field. MOO

I am in Ronks today and headed past the Harvest Road location while out running errands (love my Zook’s Pot Pies ). Can’t stress enough how bizarre and stupid it is that JS kept coming out to this business. It is totally exposed. Hiding anything here is objectively ridiculous, especially with that red car in the lot sticking out like a sore thumb. He crossed train tracks to bury the clothing in a thin strip of trees, plainly visible from Harvest Drive (and passing trains, and the farmer who owns the land, and the neighboring businesses, etc.). No wonder he got spotted. No one would hide anything there unless there was no other option. It’s not indicative of a plan, but of desperation.

Others have mentioned the possibility of the found clothing being trophies. I keep coming back to this, too. He wanted the socks and bra to be accessible. Perhaps having them in the sight line as he drove by was sufficient, as opposed to having to see and/or touch them. Otherwise why the heck separate them from LS and the rest of her clothes in the first place? I don't know. I'm no expert at this but it seems reasonable. JMO

The corn wasn’t very high when LS disappeared, IIRC, and I think they searched rather thoroughly with drones and dogs. I’d bet most farmers in the area did a quick check of their fields before they got too dense. I heard a mention that searchers recently went through some cornfields and got all cut up from the sharp leaves. But it’s possible for something not to be found until harvesting.

The corn wasn’t very high when LS disappeared, IIRC, and I think they searched rather thoroughly with drones and dogs. I’d bet most farmers in the area did a quick check of their fields before they got too dense. I heard a mention that searchers recently went through some cornfields and got all cut up from the sharp leaves. But it’s possible for something not to be found until harvesting.
I respectfully disagree. IMO, it was already pretty high and dense in some areas. I remember someone posted a picture back then. I’ll try to find it.

P.S. Here it is. Posted to her Missing Facebook Page on June 25th:

105485668_115277143565357_5194957507665678183_o.jpg

Amish Girl Missing - Linda Stoltzfoos

Last edited:
Do we know where this comment originated from?
The "No body, no crime" came from a youtube production, and one heavily leaning christian news website that id never heard of and only read twice, now that article seems to be lost, probably retracted. I will link the youtube production, for your review, although I dont find this production much more than a "oh its scary outside" gossip laden, and hysterical in nature, type of broadcast. Infact I cant stand the program personally.

The "No body, no crime" came from a youtube production, and one heavily leaning christian news website that id never heard of and only read twice, now that article seems to be lost, probably retracted. I will link the youtube production, for your review, although I dont find this production much more than a "oh its scary outside" gossip laden, and hysterical in nature, type of broadcast. Infact I cant stand the program personally.

Thank you HailedSunSea!

IMO

PH = Preliminary Hearing
Thank you Janeumayer, right after I got off Webslueths I realized it might be preliminary hearing which I've heard that term before. Do you know what takes place at. PH ? If you do, please explain because I have no idea. TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth