Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fines were no big amount and MT was his partner in crime. Both MT/CB knew that they would go straight back inside if they didn't pay up. If CB still had his stash, (if it ever existed) and was up to no good (abducting someone ie) then paying the fine would be the obvious thing to do to keep any heat off.

Unless you are pretending to be penniless.

Last edited:
The fines were no big amount and MT was his partner in crime. Both MT/CB knew that they would go straight back inside if they didn't pay up. If CB still had his stash, (if it ever existed) and was up to no good (abducting someone ie) then paying the fine would be the obvious thing to do to keep any heat off.
MT said his fine was €1800 and that CB's was even more, that's not a small amount. As for being sent straight back to prison, that's nonsense. If you don't have the money to pay it outright (and they probably had nothing to prove that CB did) they would either form a payment plan or confiscate items to sell. Which is what they did with the Bedord although all they got was for it was next to nothing, scrap value. I've seen nothing in CB's record or other reports to say that ever paid that fine money or was taken to task over it.

I think you put too much emphasis on CB doing the clever thing to "keep the heat off". This is the same man don't forget who pleasured himself in front of a playground of kids while there was an international warrant out on him to face Child *advertiser censored* charges. Also the same man who's been extradited 3 times while on the run from the police.

IMO, I think he couldn't have cared less about the fine.

Stealing diesel is also a good sign :)

"Brueckner told landlord Alexander Bischof he was 'between jobs and had no money' and missed his English girlfriend"

IMO A blatant lie, told by a person who has psychopathic tendencies, to con a man by means of manipulation in order to feel sorry for him. A typical trait, a way of being.

Now that we have seen a clear picture of him just weeks before the crime, I think it is safe to say he did not have the pockmark that was described by some of the witnesses. If I saw a guy like this hanging around, I will definitely not describe him as "very ugly".

He may not have been working alone. That on top of the fact that he said he "had a terrible job to do" does insinuate this was part of a plan that involved several others.

maddie-scarface.jpg

I honestly think this photo fit is the other man (who has possibly passed away) who wasn't IMO a pretty picture who had a wife and children. I forget his initials now though.

You don't get as much leeway as a foreigner, especially when you tell the judge to *advertiser censored** off and have previous. The courts bothered enough that they sent cops looking for payment.
Portugal's legal system is archaic compared to N.Europe where criminals are pampered by the nanny state.

Is there any documentation available about the land ownership at Neuwegersleben? I believe there was, link pls?

"CB had told them he had bought the land from the factory owners, but neighbours were sceptical."

Two fair-haired little girls who vanished on a family trip... | Daily Mail Online

Note also how this early article also describes the 'grotty caravan' CB was living in there.
It was reported he bought it at a foreclosure in 2010. Here's one report in Bild via google translate that was discussed earlier in the thread.

When searching for the missing Inga Gehricke (who disappeared since May 2, 2015), the investigators found the motorhome four years ago, according to the report - on the site of an old box factory in Neuwegersleben (near Magdeburg), the B. with the money from his burglaries in Portugal at a foreclosure.

Maddie McCann: Lösen Mädchen-Badeanzüge im Wohnmobil von Christian B. den Fall?

It was reported he bought it at a foreclosure in 2010. Here's one report in Bild via google translate that was discussed earlier in the thread.

When searching for the missing Inga Gehricke (who disappeared since May 2, 2015), the investigators found the motorhome four years ago, according to the report - on the site of an old box factory in Neuwegersleben (near Magdeburg), the B. with the money from his burglaries in Portugal at a foreclosure.

Maddie McCann: Lösen Mädchen-Badeanzüge im Wohnmobil von Christian B. den Fall?

Like real documentation, land deeds f.eks.? I heard about him maybe using a different name at the foreclosure maybe? Does he even own the land? The neighbors doubt it.

You don't get as much leeway as a foreigner, especially when you tell the judge to *advertiser censored** off and have previous. The courts bothered enough that they sent cops looking for payment.
Portugal's legal system is archaic compared to N.Europe where criminals are pampered by the nanny state.
It's standard practice for courts to chase down non-payment of fines, that goes for pretty much anywhere in the world.

He made money from burglaries at tourist spots and saved money by theft. Please do not think, he only did that in Portugal.

Sylt, Netherlands, Spain, maybe Belgium, we don't know...

He lived like a cockroach, with big endurance. No urges by living in a rusty van. Took what he needed. But by chance, the cake tasted better than the pile of poo...

Like real documentation, land deeds f.eks.? I heard about him maybe using a different name at the foreclosure maybe? Does he even own the land? The neighbors doubt it.
The quote says 'neighbours were sceptical' but it's not even clear from the report what they were sceptical about, nor does it give any reason. A random quote by a random person with absolutely no reason given for the assertion. I'm more inclined to believe the other articles that say he bought it at foreclosure personally.

It's standard practice for courts to chase down non-payment of fines, that goes for pretty much anywhere in the world.
I can guarantee where I live now, you pay when they come knocking or they take you away with them. I have personally been locked up 14 days for non payment in Europe and I was classed as a juvenile at the time. Cops knocked, asked if I had the money ~ 200 Euro, I said no and they took me away, first to the police station then to prison for 2 weeks. Never been locked up since (2 nights in Egypt don't really count) in a way it was an interesting learning experience.

He made money from burglaries at tourist spots and saved money by theft. Please do not think, he only did that in Portugal.

Sylt, Netherlands, Spain, maybe Belgium, we don't know...

He lived like a cockroach, with big endurance. No urges by living in a rusty van. Took what he needed. But by chance, the cake tasted better than the pile of poo...

I agree.

We must be aware not to let confirmation bias get in the way.
A rusty old van does not necessarily mean he was skint.

Last edited:
I think he is mocking the LE so they release evidence against him so he can prepare his case. How anyone can defend an actual paedophile and sex offender is beyond me - guilty of MM or not. CB is a sick individual and the fact this lawyer wants to use this case to boost his profile is completely egotistical and now he is playing games with the LE.

Justice is and should be blind - ie. impartial and neither preconception nor emotion-led.

While I understand your distaste here, his lawyer is just doing his job.

The quote says 'neighbours were sceptical' but it's not even clear from the report what they were sceptical about, nor does it give any reason. A random quote by a random person with absolutely no reason given for the assertion. I'm more inclined to believe the other articles that say he bought it at foreclosure personally.

To me it seems pretty clear the neighbors are doubting that he bought it from the owner.

"CB had told them he had bought the land from the factory owners, but neighbours were sceptical."

I bet it turns out like everything else so far that he was freeloading there as well.

Last edited:
I can guarantee where I live now, you pay when they come knocking or they take you away with them. I have personally been locked up 14 days for non payment in Europe and I was classed as a juvenile at the time. Cops knocked, asked if I had the money ~ 200 Euro, I said no and they took me away, first to the police station then to prison for 2 weeks. Never been locked up since (2 nights in Egypt don't really count) in a way it was an interesting learning experience.
Good story. Getting a bit off point here though. You were asserting CB (a man constantly running from police) must have had no money since he didn't he pay his €1800+ fine, yet you had a €200 fine and didn't bother to pay it.......

Good story. Getting a bit off point here though. You were asserting CB (a man constantly running from police) must have had no money since he didn't he pay his €1800+ fine, yet you had a €200 fine and didn't bother to pay it.......
I couldn't pay it. Not really off point as you were saying that people don't get locked up for non payment. But maybe you think its just a "Good story"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth