FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news guys? I will read all the posts just hoping to see if any updates? Started my new job. Post COVID. Gah. I’m working at a our local courthouse now though which excites me. Ha.
Any press conferences? Any leads? Tia
Possible reason for visiting FL...

Link to one of her items for sale on marketplace, look at the tabs open at the top (particularly the second).

Limited Edition Rose Gold Headphones

Just thought I would let everyone know you might want to join, "Leila Cavett Missing Updates & Discussion Group". There is a lot of information they are throwing out there. A lot of hearsay though too so you have to weed it out. I have been a member for a few days now.

It is a private group.

Members can not bring any information from that group to this discussion at Websleuths.

From Better Business Bureau (NY) complaints / posts

Mate1 will provide you with uninterrupted, unlimited access to your account until you cancel your subscription. When your three day trial ends, if you haven't cancelled, you will be seamlessly upgraded into a monthly membership for $49.95 a month.

Very interesting comments about the site.

I wonder if LE will check any of her credit cards to see if she was or is still a member:

The tab to the dating site is interesting but it seems the Ohio post for the headphones was from 32 weeks ago , so not sure it would have any bearing on her recent disappearance.

Perhaps shows a pattern of instability in her life, which I am becoming more aware of as time goes on here.

Also @sillybilly be sure you notice she has a 2nd tab open too. I'll let you post about that one also!;)

It is a private group.

Members can not bring any information from that group to this discussion at Websleuths.

I didn't mean bringing anything from that group here. Just a good group to join to get more information purposes. MOST of that site is hearsay anyway.

Do not bring information from THAT group here and vice versa NOTHING from this group needs to be shared in THAT group either.

That should honestly be common knowledge with any of these groups.

I didn't mean bringing anything from that group here. Just a good group to join to get more information purposes. MOST of that site is hearsay anyway.

Do not bring information from THAT group here and vice versa NOTHING from this group needs to be shared in THAT group either.

That should honestly be common knowledge with any of these groups.

Not that you planned to be naughty str8nightowl ;) ... just that we jump of some info to remind or warn members in case they get carried away. We know how this can go. All is well :)

I want to let you guys know that I have invited some of Leila's family on here. They are so upset with some of the Facebook groups and what is being said I felt we could offer support for them here. I just heard back from her sister Gina and she thanked me. I am not sure if she will join or not but wanted everyone to know about it. I told her about Tricia, and how it's my favorite place to go. <3
My heart broke listening to her grandmother. Here is what I said in one of the groups, and I feel it is appropriate to say here also:
I hurt so much for this family. Their lives are being played out and scrutinized during a heart-breaking situation... and a lot of the things they are being called out for are the same issues facing a number of families today. Not only does it sometimes come across as a for of victim blaming, but also blaming the victim’s family.
The thing is, none of us know the whole story, and we likely never will. It’s possible the family never will either. I can assure you there is a lot of self-questioning about what they could have/or should have done to keep this from happening. Yes, looking into her background is necessary in finding her. The thread needs to be found and followed. But it should be done with sensitivity and without judgement, or assumptions.
There, but for the grace of God, go I.

Not that you planned to be naughty str8nightowl ;) ... just that we jump of some info to remind or warn members in case they get carried away. We know how this can go. All is well :)

Oh okay. Yes especially with new members it is good to remind EVERYONE that we should keep EVERYTHING (in each group) private. Plus not rely too much on hearsay.

The trouble is when you're engrossed in a case, like this, you read all you can about it, and if you are reading from a lot of different sources, after awhile you may not remember you got that information from that other group.

Oh okay. Yes especially with new members it is good to remind EVERYONE that we should keep EVERYTHING (in each group) private. Plus not rely too much on hearsay.

As The Miami Herald reported, Leila has some legal entanglements both civil and criminal she’ll be facing. Could this be a reason to leave town?

Attachments

• Leila Cavett possession of controlled sub Felony 3.pdf
    130.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Leila Cavett FTA suspended license 6.pdf
    143.3 KB · Views: 24
  • B28D7F89-04AF-40A8-A420-206EF974ABE0.png
    B28D7F89-04AF-40A8-A420-206EF974ABE0.png
    257.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 2A3FA2CF-5748-4935-90FB-E255B19E8A2F.png
    2A3FA2CF-5748-4935-90FB-E255B19E8A2F.png
    250.1 KB · Views: 68
The trouble is when you're engrossed in a case, like this, you read all you can about it, and if you are reading from a lot of different sources, after awhile you may not remember you got that information from that other group.

I didn't think about that. I am really good at remembering though which group I got WHAT from. Actually I personally don't do much posting in ANY groups to begin with. Makes it easier FOR ME to keep track and not get groups (and what is posted) mixed up. But you are SO RIGHT!!

But it is probably best to keep it to ONE group in situations like this. If I were to choose it would be Websleuths. Almost similar to when you are in a court case testifying. You don't want to know TOO much information (from too many sources). It can cause too much confusion and cause you to lose focus on the actual FACTS.

Last edited:
On another case here, I nearly posted what I thought was new information.
I only realised in time that it wasn't new and that someone had posted it here but years ago. This was a cold case.
I like to think I have a good memory and it wouldn't have been the end of the world to post it again I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie