Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, simply because whoever it was missed. Did they really not want to carry out the deed, or were they just a poor shot with no experience?

This is a puzzler for me, coming so soon after something so similar happening to BB just the week before.

It really is a puzzler and has been one of the main mysteries for me in this case.

For why the person may have not continued to keep shooting I have thought of a few possible reasons.

*They may have been standing too far from her to be able to be accurate and maybe after they took careful aim and fired and saw she did not react, then they may have realized there is no way they would ever be able to hit her, so they just ran out of there

*They may have took careful aim and thought they did hit her and just took off running being too overly confident that they hit her.

*The gun may have jammed. If it was a semi-automatic handgun used, then some of those guns can jam. Especially when trying to fire too rapidly. So I guess its posssible they did try to fire more at her but maybe the gun jammed.

*The gun may have jammed. If it was a semi-automatic handgun used, then some of those guns can jam. Especially when trying to fire too rapidly. So I guess its posssible they did try to fire more at her but maybe the gun jammed.
I vote for the faulty gun. If there were other people in the home, the perp could have got caught if it was just a drill.

IF the original plan was to use a gun on Tammy, then they must have switched to other methods after the failed attempt. How much time would researching and obtaining a poison take for example? Perhaps she wasn't poisoned.

Last edited:
Another post which doesn't like stuff about a youtube... can someone easily link as most do with links? Folks keep referring to, but where is link?

Or is it all against TOS?

ETA mammacass linked what I was asking for, never hear of these folks

If its an approved YouTube such as Grey Hughes, its not against TOS. otherwise you need to say search YouTube for blah, blah, blah.

I've run this scenario through my mind, too. I think that one might automatically expect a man, but in a loose hoodie, it could very well be a woman. Also, simply because whoever it was missed. Did they really not want to carry out the deed, or were they just a poor shot with no experience?

This is a puzzler for me, coming so soon after something so similar happening to BB just the week before.
Didn't Tammy think it was a teenager? Maybe because the person was smaller? Alex isn't small, right? She would have said "man" I'd think. Was Melaniece living in Rexburg at the time? Something to think about, MOO.

Didn't Tammy think it was a teenager? Maybe because the person was smaller? Alex isn't small, right? She would have said "man" I'd think. Was Melaniece living in Rexburg at the time? Something to think about, MOO.
I checked the EIN article with her fb post and she said it was a man. MBP did not move to Rexburg until the end of the month, but she did visit for one weekend before that and she and Lori also went to Hawaii sometime in October.

Rexburg update: MM has been at the women’s detention center all day, courthouse, and police station seem quiet. I did see someone recording on the steps of the women’s detention center around noon today. It didn’t seem like a news station, just someone dressed nicely and then someone using a phone to video it. No clue if it’s connected to LV. All jmo moo

Linda left them in her smoke! She is extremely prepared and knowledgeable. If I had a lot of free time, I could listen to the other speakers and decide one way or the other, but I work more than 40 hours a week, I have to be picky about my time and choose wisely. Which is one main reason I love this site! (WEB SLEUTHS) It's a priority for clear and accurate info.
Edited to include the YouTube name and link, per request. If I am doing this wrong, I'm happy to delete. Thank you.
The YouTube is It's a Crime
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMp6QJr5wmCxbnrLltI7WkQ
I cannot find the YouTube channel you are referring to. It’s not on Its a Crime. I looked under Charles Vallow shooting and still cannot find it.

What's expected to happen at Chad Daybell's preliminary hearing | East Idaho News
After the hearing, Eddins will decide whether Daybell’s case should be bound over, or advanced, from magistrate court to district court. If that happens, a district judge will be assigned, and Eddins will no longer be involved.

An arraignment will then be scheduled, where Daybell will enter a guilty or not guilty plea. If he pleads guilty, a trial does not need to be held. If he pleads not guilty, the case will eventually go before a jury, but that can take some time.

One week after Daybell’s hearing, his wife and the mother of the deceased children, Lori Vallow Daybell, is scheduled for a preliminary hearing in front of the same judge. She is charged with two felony counts of conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence.

EastIdahoNews.com will provide complete live coverage of Chad Daybell’s preliminary hearing beginning Monday at 9 a.m.

I highly doubt some random person with a paintball gun shot at TD. To me, a handgun with a noise suppressor is most likely in light of the events surrounding this case. An inexperienced person can easily mis-identify the weapon.

Yes, it could have been a gun jam but despite what's seen in the movies, it's not always easy to hit a target with a handgun. Distance, even yards, can make a big difference especially if the target is moving or if the shooter is moving and/or shaking. AxC may have been the family hit man but it doesn't necessarily mean he was good at it.

I have no experience in shooting a handgun with a suppressor so I looked up some info about it. A suppressor can block out the sights or throw off one's aim unless the weapon is re-configured. Obviously, I don't know what the shooter had or how experienced he was but that can also be a factor.

One other thing. Gunshots can be quite loud unless noise-suppressed. Is there any info out there regarding witnesses hearing gunshot noise when BB was shot at?

Rexburg update: MM has been at the women’s detention center all day, courthouse, and police station seem quiet. I did see someone recording on the steps of the women’s detention center around noon today. It didn’t seem like a news station, just someone dressed nicely and then someone using a phone to video it. No clue if it’s connected to LV. All jmo moo
Can I just say how awesome it is to have our very own Websleuths Field Correspondent? I love your updates. We appreciate you very much!! :cool:

IIRC she thought was a paint gun. And somewhere here a poster pointed out that a real rifle with a brass catcher can look like a paint gun. Would like to know exactly what she said about it.

Last edited:
I highly doubt some random person with a paintball gun shot at TD. To me, a handgun with a noise suppressor is most likely in light of the events surrounding this case. An inexperienced person can easily mis-identify the weapon.

Yes, it could have been a gun jam but despite what's seen in the movies, it's not always easy to hit a target with a handgun. Distance, even yards, can make a big difference especially if the target is moving or if the shooter is moving and/or shaking. AxC may have been the family hit man but it doesn't necessarily mean he was good at it.

I have no experience in shooting a handgun with a suppressor so I looked up some info about it. A suppressor can block out the sights or throw off one's aim unless the weapon is re-configured. Obviously, I don't know what the shooter had or how experienced he was but that can also be a factor.

One other thing. Gunshots can be quite loud unless noise-suppressed. Is there any info out there regarding witnesses hearing gunshot noise when BB was shot at?
MOO no-one would interpret the report and sound of a bullet going by as a paintball.
Someone bending memories later maybe, but in the moment the sound is clear.

Last edited:
What happens in the preliminary hearings? I asked this yesterday but I didn’t get a reply. I don’t remember if the DA has to show just cause for the arrest or if he has to show evidence or if the hearing only sets a trial date.
I’m curious because someone posted that two different FBI agents were subpoenaed to be there.
Does anyone have an idea?

Thank you. So will be get to know what evidence the DA has?
I hope so.

The goal is usually just to give enough to get it bound over to trial. We probably won't see all of it. Jmo

Tagging @AZlawyer @Nikynoo I think they are both lawyers

I think you guys figured this out. It’s a hearing to determine whether there’s probable cause. We should see all the strongest evidence on the charges listed, but there may be evidence relating to the not-yet-filed murder charges that is not revealed.

IIRC she thought was a paint gun. And somewhere here a poster pointed out that a real rifle with a brass catcher can look like a paint gun. Would like to know exactly what she said about it.
From EIN article (February 5):

Between Oct. 6 and Oct. 26, a man, presumably Cox, visits the storage unit alone five times. Cameras show him dropping off a variety of items, including gun cases, and then, on Oct. 28, two men are seen moving bikes into the unit.

Lori Daybell abandoned a storage unit in Rexburg full of children's items | East Idaho News

BBM. Could those include rifle cases? Did Alex own multiple guns? Wouldn't he have got rid of them after the failed attempts on BB and TD? (I'm assuming/speculating he was involved in both.) Maybe he put the weapons in the storage (temporarily) instead. I'm also wondering if Alex used any of the 60 burner phones on his shooting missions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member