FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Family Believes Missing Mother Came to Florida to Meet Someone

I'm reading all these different news reports and wondering if there is any proof to back any of the claims that she met a man online and he paid for her to come to Florida for the weekend or is this strictly speculation? I really don't know why someone would pay to bring her and her son all the way to Florida just to kill her. I mean if the motive was just to kill I'm sure they could have found women right there in Florida without having to pay her way down and leave a trail of evidence behind her. However, then you have the human trafficking side of things would traffickers target her over the internet and pay her to go to meet them knowing she had a child with her? I just don't know it seems to me again they could find a more cost effective target and less risky target. So none of these options make sense to me but then again none of these cases ever do. Just hoping that she is found safe and brought back to her family.

In response to what I bolded in your post above, IF speculation is true and she came to Florida for the purpose of meeting someone, the person's motive may not have been to kill her. The motive to get her to come to him may have been the usual...to have a sexual relationship. Then there are many scenarios that end in her disappearance that could have branched off from that. She could have overdosed while with him, etc.

To pull from the last article, dad says she “picked up in the middle of the night and just left.” Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe this is new information, no?
That sounds like something a Dad would say. She probably always picked up and went places without telling him or her family everything she was doing.

The way Kamdyn pointed around him when asked “where’s your mommy” says that he had just recently seen his mom.
I've wondered about this. Did he point all around him? Did he point to an apt? Did he point to the sky? Did it seem like he was pointing to the last place he saw her?
I would like this to be a bit more specific.
Also, I wonder how much he can speak. Different children speak at different ages. He may be able to tell us if he was dropped off by a man or a woman, was mommy there when he was dropped off, was she sleeping, etc.
Maybe he could even nod yes or no. Maybe some play therapy could find out something. I'm sure the child experts are working with him.
jmo

If she had plans to meet with someone they surely knew she would have a 2yr old with her.
One would think so. But if not, maybe that's why they dropped him off. (if they did) Or, even if they knew, they could have just thought, well, I'll just drop the kid off somewhere.
If this was intended from the get go to be something nefarious, then getting her there was the goal. A toddler would be easy to figure out what to do with. Thank goodness he wasn't killed imo.
jmo

As a play therapist, it can be really tricky to get children to share any details - and even when they do you are never sure whether they are just chatting from prior experiences. The police noted that he didn't really speak, and mainly made noises and vocalisations. The lady that found him demonstrated the point, and it was literally in every direction.

Wonder if LE kept the (soiled) diaper KC was wearing when he was found, not that it is likely- but just in case there is dna or fingerprints on it from someone other than Leila? imo.
Maybe if the sand on KC did not come from the surrounding area, they could analyze and trace where it did come from.. speculation.

I would expect that LE absolutely did want that diaper to see how many bm's etc was in it to document. MOO

I've wondered about this. Did he point all around him? Did he point to an apt? Did he point to the sky? Did it seem like he was pointing to the last place he saw her?
I would like this to be a bit more specific.
Also, I wonder how much he can speak. Different children speak at different ages. He may be able to tell us if he was dropped off by a man or a woman, was mommy there when he was dropped off, was she sleeping, etc.
Maybe he could even nod yes or no. Maybe some play therapy could find out something. I'm sure the child experts are working with him.
jmo

I think that many folks here at WS are familiar with *rules* to interview toddlers. I have no link, but iirc they never want to do more than 3, and ONLY with experts each time. It's very important with toddlers to not have any questions create impressions which they cannot differ. iirc.

@margarita25 may give insight, as I think long ago she share such with us?

Kam's dad is still a little suspicious to me MOO.but I don't really have much to back it up. He has also said she is a great mom, he does not sound like a vindictive guy.

I have hard time believing that a perp would care so much to drive to an area where he could be spotted and drop off Kam in a place that he would be safe unless it was a hit.
Even if the perp cant kill a child he could have dropped him anywhere unless that Is where they all were.
The police combed the area after Kam was found. Knocking on every door in the apt. complex and residential houses nearby. By all accounts, she wasn’t there. If she was there, there are 4 possible scenarios: she was being held against her will, deceased, passed out or hiding.

Last edited:
Could be the possibility she is hiding after knowing baby was found at street in fear to get in trouble with LE? At least she knows, if this is the case, her baby fortunately is being care of.
She does have some legal matters pending, even a warrant possibly. But with all that’s going on, her family being here, social media exploding with information, local tv broadcasts, flyers being distributed locally, searches being conducted — wouldn’t she have called someone to say, “call all this off, I’m ok?”

I think that many folks here at WS are familiar with *rules* to interview toddlers. I have no link, but iirc they never want to do more than 3, and ONLY with experts each time. It's very important with toddlers to not have any questions create impressions which they cannot differ. iirc.

@margarita25 may give insight, as I think long ago she share such with us?
Yes. I'm familiar with the rules to interview toddlers. These people do a great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member